Any Port in a Storm

Earnest T. Bass

Sophomore
During recent days I have noticed that the usual suspects are running low on things to hate about UM athletics, which is truly shocking! Granted, over the past weeks you’ve once again fired or demoted many of the coaches, continued to eviscerate Rosier, pointed out that a 10 win season and being Coastal Champions is no big deal, while the recruiting class was ranked between #5-#8 it was really a disaster, because this or that position didn’t include the players you’ve deemed worthy, etc.

Yet, you don’t really seem to have your hearts in the hate, although that may simply be a case of you recharging for a fall hate fest, so please forgive me for questioning your commitment to dislike and disapprove of everything related to Canes football if you are simply in training. Remember, if you’re not getting better, you’re getting worse.

But, I come to you with a solution! Canes Basketball!! Attacking our Canes basketball coaches and players might be deemed to be picking low hanging fruit based on their last several games, although turning your pent-up hate towards the round ball boys will allow you to keep your timing and hone your revulsion for fall football and the ensuing season.

Also, you could use Barry Jackson as your barometer as to just how much hate you have piled on the B-ballers as has been the case when he has referenced your non-stop attacks on the football program in his Miami Herald column.

Wishing you ‘Good Will Haters’ nothing but luck in your goal to destroy the Canes football program (and basketball).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Right now I hate Franchise. He trolled us about the Heritage kids without being a troll. Then he has the nerve to show up here, after NSD, without so much as an apology for misleading us. At least Dan Sileo Jr. made a quick exit. Franchise should be in the penalty cage and severely flogged before he is permitted to show his face here

It shows me a lot about a person who is always completely negative. There must be something going on in their life that is troubling them if they always focus on something they find as a deficiency or a weakness. It shows a lot about their character and way of thinking. Especially when it is applied to a team like this that we all know is on the rise and on the cusp of something very special.

I can understand people who talk about things we need to work on and things we need to improve upon and even those who discuss things we need to change when it comes to philosophy. But if they always nag and whine about those things and never talk about the positives it just seems a bit boring and repetitive and shades of Einstein's definition of insanity.

Probably should have posted this in the basketball board.

Right now I hate Franchise. He trolled us about the Heritage kids without being a troll. Then he has the nerve to show up here, after NSD, without so much as an apology for misleading us. At least Dan Sileo Jr. made a quick exit. Franchise should be in the penalty cage and severely flogged before he is permitted to show his face here

Franchise wasn’t trolling.

He legit thought they were coming. What do you want him to say?

Advertisement
I don't believe that Franchise was trolling with regard to his prediction on the AH4. I think he took available information, mixed it with his love for UM athletics and made predictions about where the kids would go to school. Franchise even state on numerous occasions that he didn't have any information other than what he read about it.

I don't believe that Franchise was trolling with regard to his prediction on the AH4. I think he took available information, mixed it with his love for UM athletics and made predictions about where the kids would go to school. Franchise even state on numerous occasions that he didn't have any information other than what he read about it.

Exactly. It was his opinion and he didn’t flip flop.
It is what it is.

That's what took getting you to hate Franchise?

Advertisement

Seriously? Plenty of people have plenty of reasons to hate that guy, but you're going with "he was wrong and didn't apologize to me?" Maybe look in the mirror and ask yourself why you would take some internet guy's prediction so personally.

Wow butt hurt by a guys opinion you don’t know and will probably never meet.....so sorry for you empty life.

Can't wait for The Franchises' response!

Advertisement
People are still talking about this?

That DSJ stuff really shook you guys. You either have to accept that you were masterfully trolled or... that he was actually sincere, but dead wrong.

I’ve said it before. He’s a guy that actually knows the family, is part of the AH base, and made a conclusion based on his interpretation of what he saw in his encounters and tidbits he picked up from being around that environment. Lost his nerve at the end realizing he might be wrong and skipped town. I’m pretty sure I know who he is.

People are still talking about this?

That DSJ stuff really shook you guys. You either have to accept that you were masterfully trolled or... that he was actually sincere, but dead wrong.

I’ve said it before. He’s a guy that actually knows the family, is part of the AH base, and made a conclusion based on his interpretation of what he saw in his encounters and tidbits he picked up from being around that environment. Lost his nerve at the end realizing he might be wrong and skipped town. I’m pretty sure I know who he is.
Gotta to let the Sileo out of the bag OCCC!

Advertisement
It shows me a lot about a person who is always completely negative. There must be something going on in their life that is troubling them if they always focus on something they find as a deficiency or a weakness. It shows a lot about their character and way of thinking. Especially when it is applied to a team like this that we all know is on the rise and on the cusp of something very special.

I can understand people who talk about things we need to work on and things we need to improve upon and even those who discuss things we need to change when it comes to philosophy. But if they always nag and whine about those things and never talk about the positives it just seems a bit boring and repetitive and shades of Einstein's definition of insanity.

amen bro

Op’s wife and kids are sick of listening to him bloviate at the dinner table so we have to be subjected to his BS,

Op’s wife and kids are sick of listening to him bloviate at the dinner table so we have to be subjected to his BS,

You poor little girl...maybe your boyfriend will rub your back and make you feel better. You are a member of the confederacy of dunces I referenced in my original post.

Advertisement
Back