Any Plans for the Spring Game to......

Amen... I can remember waiting in line for 2 hrs to make a 15 minunte call home for X-Mas... Thanks for your service. I'll be there too... If you like cognac you can have a drink with me in the parking lot before the game.

Advertisement
some of you sound like idiots.... I just ask that you let it play out and not discourage this class coming in no matter the record. No matter who is going to coach this team, I still want to see those recruits throw the U up, and if Golden sucks the next coach will come into some elite talent. That is more important than the satisfaction you nerds get from flying a banner.

some of you sound like idiots.... I just ask that you let it play out and not discourage this class coming in no matter the record. No matter who is going to coach this team, I still want to see those recruits throw the U up, and if Golden sucks the next coach will come into some elite talent. That is more important than the satisfaction you nerds get from flying a banner.

When you say things like that as if there is still doubt, it takes any and all credibility from anything you might regurgitate.

I was going to say, that's not a very big "if" he's using there.

When you say things like that as if there is still doubt, it takes any and all credibility from anything you might regurgitate.

Advertisement

I understand what you were saying, I was saying that in the context to this upcoming year. His track record has given me nothing much to really support, but going into this season he is the coach. While he is the coach, coming off of a disapointing season he still has the best recruiting class coming in. Those athletes on the way in are what's important. Your squirming and whining will not do anything to Goldens job, he will do that himself if the improvements are not real. You are hurting recruiting because you look like a horrible fan base of geeks who want to fly banners and not support the school. Some people get it. Watching these games and looking at Donofrio ticks me off like the next man, but flying a banner and telling kids not to come here is the dumbest thing I have ever seen out of a fan base. While he is the coach I only have one hope, that surpasses all others, somehow he gets his crap together and I can watch my favorite team win in 2015-16.

I'm going...I go to all home games. My last couple tours of duty in the middle east made me realize to not take things for granted. So despite the current state of the program, I wouldn't miss it.

It's much too bad our BOT takes things for granted.

Oh, and glad you made it home. A lot of us learned that lesson early on.

Amen... I can remember waiting in line for 2 hrs to make a 15 minunte call home for X-Mas... Thanks for your service. I'll be there too... If you like cognac you can have a drink with me in the parking lot before the game.

Thank you for your service! God Bless!

I've never talked about banners and such. I just want to see a winning program. During the middle of the season where we actually played a few good games, my hopes were raised. I thought we had finally turned the corner. Our D actually dominated a few decent teams, and our O was clicking. Then the second half of the FSU game we fell apart. It actually started in the first half when we didn't finish them off. So, alright, we lost to a top 4 team, but at least we LOOKED like we belonged back with the big boys. Just win out, I said. Do that and at least you finish with a 3 game win streak and your only loss in the second half of the season would have been to a playoff bound FSU. Not a perfect season, but good progress, especially considering it would have been with a true freshman QB. Instead, we go out and lay three fat eggs against three horribly mediocre teams. You can NOT do that and expect even your most patient fans to not be quite upset. Much less the fans who have already had enough. Win out and I doubt there are banner talks. Win out and we have a better recruiting class. Just beat the **** teams we are supposed to beat. Golden in year 4, with a roster full of his players, choked big time down the stretch. That can't happen here.

Now, he is the head coach for at least another year, and I hope to see us win 10+ games and win the ACC. That's what I HOPE happens. What do I think will happen? We'll see 6-8 wins, again. We'll hear more excuses, again. We'll hear cries for his firing, again. Al Golden needs to win, or we need to get someone in here that can. Just win and all the talk goes away. People were mad as **** with Butch Davis, until he won. Winning cures all, and it'll cure Al too, if he can just do it.

I understand what you were saying, I was saying that in the context to this upcoming year. His track record has given me nothing much to really support, but going into this season he is the coach. While he is the coach, coming off of a disapointing season he still has the best recruiting class coming in. Those athletes on the way in are what's important. Your squirming and whining will not do anything to Goldens job, he will do that himself if the improvements are not real. You are hurting recruiting because you look like a horrible fan base of geeks who want to fly banners and not support the school. Some people get it. Watching these games and looking at Donofrio ticks me off like the next man, but flying a banner and telling kids not to come here is the dumbest thing I have ever seen out of a fan base. While he is the coach I only have one hope, that surpasses all others, somehow he gets his crap together and I can watch my favorite team win in 2015-16.

Advertisement
Last year's short field "game" did it for me. When Perryman did his 'big hit' on Gus what, 12 yards downfield, and they all went nuts on the sideline celebrating an actual tackle ....ignoring that they gave up a first down. I though I would have a stroke.

Couple days later I'm watching, I think it was Bama's game on ESPN with kickoffs, refs and a time clock (you know, an actual game management test LIKE WE USED TO DO) - and no, it isn't the big Bama fans crowd they get every year for it, I don't care about that.

I just find it so repulsive anymore to watch my beloved program get neutered snip by snip by this staff while winning programs are preparing for, setting patterns for more winning.

Post of the week.

Last year's short field "game" did it for me. When Perryman did his 'big hit' on Gus what, 12 yards downfield, and they all went nuts on the sideline celebrating an actual tackle ....ignoring that they gave up a first down. I though I would have a stroke.

Couple days later I'm watching, I think it was Bama's game on ESPN with kickoffs, refs and a time clock (you know, an actual game management test LIKE WE USED TO DO) - and no, it isn't the big Bama fans crowd they get every year for it, I don't care about that.

I just find it so repulsive anymore to watch my beloved program get neutered snip by snip by this staff while winning programs are preparing for, setting patterns for more winning.

Advertisement
I'm looking forward to the Spring game. We should be 1-1 after the game, which is better than last year's record.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back