Any one remember the cinematic classic 'Gung Ho'?...

k9cane

Senior
as far as Im concerned, it's right up there with 'Citizen Kane' and 'Gone with the Wind', but anyhoooo, what's happening now with Miami football and Mario Cristobal reminds me of that scene when Hunt Stevenson (played brilliantly by a young Michael Keaton) went up on stage, pounded the lectern and stated, ''15,000 CARS!!"

That would be his promise to the Japanese automakers on behalf of his union brothers.

Well, for Mario its, ''At least double digit wins, and an ACC title with a playoff birth!!!''

Ok, Im gonna work on shortening this up a bit. But you catch my drift. It's clear that the program has put all the chips to the center of the table, they are going all-in on the 2024 season. If Cristobal is the coach we hope/think he is, then the onus should be on him to start delivering the expected results. It's year three, its mostly his roster now. In the age of the transfer portal, you really don't need 5-years to rebuild the way a Butch Davis did.

As George Allen said, ''the future is now.''

We need 15,000 cars.

(By the way, Keaton was absolutely robbed of an Oscar for this performance)

Advertisement
SmartSelect_20240124_203235_Instagram.gif

Advertisement
as far as Im concerned, it's right up there with 'Citizen Kane' and 'Gone with the Wind', but anyhoooo, what's happening now with Miami football and Mario Cristobal reminds me of that scene when Hunt Stevenson (played brilliantly by a young Michael Keaton) went up on stage, pounded the lectern and stated, ''15,000 CARS!!"

That would be his promise to the Japanese automakers on behalf of his union brothers.

Well, for Mario its, ''At least double digit wins, and an ACC title with a playoff birth!!!''

Ok, Im gonna work on shortening this up a bit. But you catch my drift. It's clear that the program has put all the chips to the center of the table, they are going all-in on the 2024 season. If Cristobal is the coach we hope/think he is, then the onus should be on him to start delivering the expected results. It's year three, its mostly his roster now. In the age of the transfer portal, you really don't need 5-years to rebuild the way a Butch Davis did.

We need 15,000 cars.

Great movie.

"Running around like a bunch of Yokohama Mama's..."

Advertisement

We need 15,000 cars.

Great Movie

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sorry to detract from the movie discussion.

Obviously UF game will tell us a lot. Not just if we win but I’d argue it’s about how we win as well. We have all the pieces we need for a stellar season, but that advantage will be severely blunted if we revert back to conservative cave man football that moment we have a 1+ TD lead again. We need to have the pedal to the floor for 4 quarters.

The only exception being if we can win by kneeling lmao

Advertisement
Back