Any news Travonte Valentine news?

Depending on the kid, the whole twitter/message board **** can effect their recruitment, these are 17-18 year old kids we are talking about little things like that can effect their decision

Advertisement
You can go search for those posts if you'd like. Not worth my time to do it for you. But yes, there was more than one post saying how any recruit who would come to play for Golden or D'Onofrio would be risking their career.

These posts are indeed plentiful, unfortunately.

To add to that they are probably are already told that by other schools, and hearing it from fans might put a doubt in their heads

After watching the RAB, would you want to play for Strong or Guldens?

Guldens results on the field (49-49 record, 0-2 in bowls), and actions over the past few weeks speak for themselves.

Clearly many still want to play for Golden and are committed to the school. Many have even made very positive comments about Golden. So maybe you should let the recruits make that decision based on what they see. What exactly is accomplished by the constant nonsense about "why would any recruit want to play here" and the "any recruit would be stupid to want to play for Golden and ruin their career" type posts?

My reply was in reference to Valentine, the subject of the OP.

You're right though, some recruits want to play for Guldens, some are committed to the school, not the corch.

What is accomplished by white knighting a corch that doesn't want to be at Miami?

Please point out the posts that said playing for Guldens will ruin careers, TIA.

Well, first of all Valentine decommited specifically because he thought Golden may leave. So much for a top-notch defensive recruit not wanting to play for Golden. Then he was attacked by idiots on twitter and on message boards, and was quite upset about it.

Who is "white knighting" anyone? Golden hasn't proven himself, but he hasn't been given the full chance to do so yet either.

You can go search for those posts if you'd like. Not worth my time to do it for you. But yes, there was more than one post saying how any recruit who would come to play for Golden or D'Onofrio would be risking their career.

Ok, then why has he not recommitted now that Golden is staying? It was an easy excuse to use to announce his inevitable decomitment. And **** that bull**** about not given a chance to prove himself. Fat ******* has been a head coach for 8 seasons and has a 1-22 record against teams with 4 losses or less. The guy flat out cannot coach the game of football. You would think that in 23 tries he would at least have a few games that the opposing team didn't show up against his teams, but nope. His brand of football is boring, outdated, and easy to manipulate with even a mediocre staff of football minds and talents. His teams come out uninspired, have quit midway through games and midway through seasons. Get this guy and his life partner Dorito out my face. You want to beat your chests that you're the real fans, well **** that. The real fans are those who won't stand by and let this carpet bagger ruin the legacy that was built by great football names before him. He's a con-man, nothing more.

After watching the RAB, would you want to play for Strong or Guldens?

Guldens results on the field (49-49 record, 0-2 in bowls), and actions over the past few weeks speak for themselves.

Clearly many still want to play for Golden and are committed to the school. Many have even made very positive comments about Golden. So maybe you should let the recruits make that decision based on what they see. What exactly is accomplished by the constant nonsense about "why would any recruit want to play here" and the "any recruit would be stupid to want to play for Golden and ruin their career" type posts?

You're right though, some recruits want to play for Guldens, some are committed to the school, not the corch.

What is accomplished by white knighting a corch that doesn't want to be at Miami?

Please point out the posts that said playing for Guldens will ruin careers, TIA.

Well, first of all Valentine decommited specifically because he thought Golden may leave. So much for a top-notch defensive recruit not wanting to play for Golden. Then he was attacked by idiots on twitter and on message boards, and was quite upset about it.

Who is "white knighting" anyone? Golden hasn't proven himself, but he hasn't been given the full chance to do so yet either.

Ok, then why has he not recommitted now that Golden is staying? It was an easy excuse to use to announce his inevitable decomitment. And **** that bull**** about not given a chance to prove himself. Fat ******* has been a head coach for 8 seasons and has a 1-22 record against teams with 4 losses or less. The guy flat out cannot coach the game of football. You would think that in 23 tries he would at least have a few games that the opposing team didn't show up against his teams, but nope. His brand of football is boring, outdated, and easy to manipulate with even a mediocre staff of football minds and talents. His teams come out uninspired, have quit midway through games and midway through seasons. Get this guy and his life partner Dorito out my face. You want to beat your chests that you're the real fans, well **** that. The real fans are those who won't stand by and let this carpet bagger ruin the legacy that was built by great football names before him. He's a con-man, nothing more.

Of course, you ignore the fact that Valentine was attacked pretty viciously on social media and these boards by our "fans", enough so that he commented on it and was clearly affected by it. Whether that was the deciding factor in not recommitting after Golden stated that he was staying, I don't know. But to pretend that such idiotic, juvenile, and unnecessary behavior by the fans can't play a role is just willful ignorance.

As for your view on Golden, well, you are entitled to it. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Of course, you ignore the fact that Valentine was attacked pretty viciously on social media and these boards by our "fans", enough so that he commented on it and was clearly affected by it. Whether that was the deciding factor in not recommitting after Golden stated that he was staying, I don't know. But to pretend that such idiotic, juvenile, and unnecessary behavior by the fans can't play a role is just willful ignorance.

As for your view on Golden, well, you are entitled to it. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

jajajaja - 1 - 22 man. 1 - 22. Do you know how ridiculous you sound trying to defend that? But please continue trying to defend this guys record against decent teams. I could use a good laugh.

Advertisement

jajajaja - 1 - 22 man. 1 - 22. Do you know how ridiculous you sound trying to defend that? But please continue trying to defend this guys record against decent teams. I could use a good laugh.

Like I said, on Golden's ability, we'll just agree to disagree. You can "jajajaja" all you want...laughing like an idiot makes you sound a lot more ridiculous than me.

Regardless, you again just avoid and dance around the Valentine issue and the behavior of pack-mentality fans who love to attack.

Advertisement
Back