Any news on Anthony Moten?

FrancisSawyer

All American
Premium
I believe the Herald reported he dislocated his shoulder but I haven't heard anyone confirm this. SIAP but I didn't see any threads dealing with this subject. I hope like **** the Herald is wrong because a dislocated shoulder can be 3-4 months.

Apparently he was seen on the stationary bike with his right arm hanging limp and his left hand gripping the bike. Hope it's minor. At this point the football gods need to give us a break already.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No way man... I just can't believe in a week all of this. I can't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just checked the MH website. There is nothing on Moten, but it does report that Trent Harris hurt his left hand and Harris' father confirmed the report.

Advertisement
Matt Porter: "Defensive tackle Anthony Moten, as a source told The Post, has a dislocated right shoulder and was held out of practice Tuesday. Moten, a second-stringer behind R.J. McIntosh, rode an exercise bike at the start of practice and was not using his injured shoulder. Ryan Fines took his place as a second-teamer. It’s possible Moten could play on Saturday, a source said."

What we saw at Miami Hurricanes practice, Tuesday of Florida A&M week | Canes Watch

Advertisement
Matt Porter: "Defensive tackle Anthony Moten, as a source told The Post, has a dislocated right shoulder and was held out of practice Tuesday. Moten, a second-stringer behind R.J. McIntosh, rode an exercise bike at the start of practice and was not using his injured shoulder. Ryan Fines took his place as a second-teamer. It’s possible Moten could play on Saturday, a source said."

What we saw at Miami Hurricanes practice, Tuesday of Florida A&M week | Canes Watch

If it's possible that Moten could play Saturday then how could it be a dislocated shoulder? Like I said before, hopefully somebody jumped the gun on the diagnosis. We need all hand on deck this season. This 3 game preseason has been a blessing. This is why I would like to see another DT in this year's class.

Last edited:
The 12-16 week timetable I gave above for a dislocated shoulder is only if surgery is chosen. The first time an athlete suffers a dislocated shoulder, the preferred treatment is non surgical and the recovery time is usually 4-6 weeks. In football players the non surgical route has a 50% success rate due to the amount of strain the sport puts on the joint. Many times a football player will have to seek surgical treatment in the offseason. The success rate for this procedure is 90%.

Like I said, hopefully it is not a dislocation and Moten is back fairly soon. The fact that the article in the Herald mentioned the possibility of Moten playing Saturday seems to support this. If it is in fact a dislocation and the first time Moten has suffered such an injury then they may opt for the non surgical treatment which has a 4-6 week recovery time. Hope this helps.

Is there a doctor in the house?

Last edited:
Fines playing is not a good thing.

As long as its against FAMU and FAU, and allows Moten to get healthy. Its a great thing. I dont know if you saw the other thread where it said the spread was 55 for this game. This is a glorified scrimmage. If anyone is hurt, they dont need to play this week. Rest him up the next two weekends if need be.

If Fines cant hold his own against FAMU then he needs to be gone immediately.

Advertisement
Coaches said he'd play Saturday. Apprently it was about as minor of an injury as you could have to that area and "no structural damage to the shoulder."

Advertisement
He looked awesome going upfield when I got a chance to watch him. Hope he can stay healthy.

Let him heal it up... if we are in dire need of him against FAMU we should just fold the program

Advertisement
Back