Any local recruiting info?

AHURT12

Redshirt Freshman
Anyone have any local recruiting info on anyone that's not being recruiting that's standing out or any info on our current recruits?

Advertisement
Likens put 2 guys in the first round last couple years. I’m not gonna throw shade his way 5 games in.
Not really talking about Likens since its his first year and he doesnt have much to work with.....but Harleys comments make you wonder wtf is going on with the coaching staff. Like many have said....and it starts from the top.....coaches need to treat this like a business not a HS popularity contest.

The WRs are playing to the maximum of their abilities. We have true freshman who are exactly that, and don’t have a big physical stud to help the guys on the outside. That changes immediately with the addition of Brinson and Smith as a matchup nightmare

Advertisement
Not really talking about Likens since its his first year and he doesnt have much to work with.....but Harleys comments make you wonder wtf is going on with the coaching staff. Like many have said....and it starts from the top.....coaches need to treat this like a business not a HS popularity contest.

that room was a mess when Dugans (theyre pretty much all his guys). hes having issues at FSU too. not hard to see whats up with that room and started from when they first enrolled

If I am a WR or CB....I am thinking 1 of 2 things.....I should be able to come in early and get PT........or the coaching staffs sucks and is not going to help me develop. To me and what we have seen....going with the latter
it's both. There's playing time and the coaches suck.

Advertisement
that room was a mess when Dugans (theyre pretty much all his guys). hes having issues at FSU too. not hard to see whats up with that room and started from when they first enrolled
I listened to an FSU post game and they are *****ing about WR dropping balls and having poor attitudes. I was real high on Dugans at first but it seems like he sucks. He left his position group in bad shape here. Hopefully, the 20/21 guys fix it asap

@DMoney

Do you think the staff is maybe saving a few spots for the Portal?

If not, what's the plan to finish the class, who are we pushing for?

Not DMoney, but it seems like they are going to add 25 and take a grad transfer QB unless they know King is coming back. Just seems odd that the QB board hasent been expanded unless they know something. I’m a big TVD fan. Seen him play and was just as impressed with his leadership with his skill set. But i’m interested to see what they do at corner as well.

Anything on T lewis?

@DMoney

Do you think the staff is maybe saving a few spots for the Portal?

If not, what's the plan to finish the class, who are we pushing for?
I hope so. The Portal has brought in motivated, developed NFL guys at a very high rate. It should be a part of the program's DNA. Not depending on it, but plucking impact guys every year.

I think the staff is operating in the dark because we don't know the new rules. If they remove the initial counter limit (25) to make up for the wave of anticipated transfers, it gives Miami many more options.

I hope so. The Portal has brought in motivated, developed NFL guys at a very high rate. It should be a part of the program's DNA. Not depending on it, but plucking impact guys every year.

I think the staff is operating in the dark because we don't know the new rules. If they remove the initial counter limit (25) to make up for the wave of anticipated transfers, it gives Miami many more options.

The situation at QB and CB at a minimum, imply that we would be going hard after grad transfers there.

Advertisement
If I am a WR or CB....I am thinking 1 of 2 things.....I should be able to come in early and get PT........or the coaching staffs sucks and is not going to help me develop. To me and what we have seen....going with the latter

Likens definitely does not suck.

WR room is below average. At least the upperclassmen.

Advertisement
What did Harley say?

Yeah, get some physical, grown-*** men on the OL. Not guys who need to spend 2 years in the strength program.

Quality Olinemen don't often transfer, unlike skilled players. UM needs to do a better evaulation job both with transfer & high school OL's. As for the 2021 class most of the quality college ready OL's are already solidly committed somewhere else or waiting for their deposit checks to clear.

UM is looking at
2021 OG Ross Maseuli ( from Cali, but he hasn't played in 2 years) 6'3" 350lbs polynesian mauler
2021 OT Austin Barber (from Trinity Christian in Jacksonville, Fl) 6'7" 295lb edge setting Right Tackle type.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Likens definitely does not suck.

WR is below average. At least the upperclassmen.

It would be interesting to see if they target another grad transfer from the non P-5 again. I would rather go that route than getting a guy who can't see the field at the P5 level.

Advertisement
Back