Any chance we could get Frank Gore Jr..

He doesn't need to come here. Pull off another 1k season and someone will take a chance on him. They're giving him carries and he's getting yards. Him coming here would be taking a big risk and in all likelihood he'd produce far less. We haven't had a 1k rusher in 6 years.

Advertisement

If we don't get Fletcher, have Ruiz back up the Brinx truck and bring that kid in. He is clearly one of the best backs in the country and I'd love to see what he'd do behind out new and improved OL. Regarding him staying, I'd say everything's a negotiation.

Dude isn’t leaving Southern Miss to be the fourth string back at Miami.
Interesting. You don't think he'd start? I agree it would make no sense to come here as a backup, but that kid is really good! I think he'd start in front of anyone we have at the moment.

Interesting. You don't think he'd start? I agree it would make no sense to come here as a backup, but that kid is really good! I think he'd start in front of anyone we have at the moment.
i think his ceiling here would be Henry Parrish. He’s likely a notch below as a running back. He could probably earn some playing time but he’d never get serious burn unless we have another year where every running back gets hurt again (always possible). He’s put up some good numbers against really weak teams but he also had five game this year where he averaged under 4 yards per carry. Including 7 rushes for 10 yards against UM’s not really good defense.

Advertisement
Lil Gore had a great game for sure. No reason for him to come here though. He doesn't need us, and if we are healthy, you'd think he'd be down a bit in the depth chart. Love that he's a Gore though!!!

So we want every kid who goes off against Rice?
Look at the NFL - there are several successful running backs from small schools who play against weak schedules such as Rice...

- Austin Ekeler
- Aaron Jones
- James Robinson
- Devin Singletary

Great, but why this particular kid? If his name wasn’t Gore no one would notice.
he just literally broke the bowl record with 329 yards! 1,400 yards this season the ground with 6.1 ypc. Last year, he ran for 801 yards 4.5 ypc. He's making strides too. Like I said, I'm not saying he's RB1 quality on Miami but he's definitely talented enough to be our #2 or #3.

Advertisement
he just literally broke the bowl record with 329 yards! 1,400 yards this season the ground with 6.1 ypc. Last year, he ran for 801 yards 4.5 ypc. He's making strides too. Like I said, I'm not saying he's RB1 quality on Miami but he's definitely talented enough to be our #2 or #3.

Again, he doesn't need us and it would be a big risk to come here, a school without a 1k rusher 6 seasons.

As for what he'd be up against for carries. I think it's BS that anyone here would scare him off. Parrish is a nice back, but nothing to write home about. Lots of backs like him across the land. Seldom healthy, almost always broken Chaney. Lastly we had a great looking prospect in Citizen, but he's coming off a severe knee injury and who knows what he'll be like when cleared to go.

Our running back room is anything but intimidating if you've got juice. People acting like he'd be buried in the depth chart here, maybe need to reevaluate what we've got.

Then you factor in our inept offense and below average OL play. There's zero reason for him to take a gamble on us. Would you when you're already looking good where you're at? I wouldn't, no way.

Half of his yards were in three games. Most of the year he was just another guy.

Just looking at Jr’s production against P5 competition (2 games - Miami, Bama):

He’s rushed 16x for 17 yrds.

Advertisement
Just looking at Jr’s production against P5 competition (2 games - Miami, Bama):

He’s rushed 16x for 17 yrds.
Can’t do much if your line is getting dominated.
Again, he doesn't need us and it would be a big risk to come here, a school without a 1k rusher 6 seasons.
All fair. I do think if he has NFL aspirations he’d do well to find the right P5 school & transfer. Get tape of playing better competition.

Ole Miss. Okie St. Oregon St. That type of offense.

Advertisement
Havent seen film on him but how many RB do we have that can stay healthy and hang onto the football?

How many RB do we have that can stay healthy and hang onto the football?
F914F2BA-CD74-4382-B501-5A3D3D5D8DB0.gif

Advertisement
Back