Any chance that…

Advertisement
The more likely scenario is that Golden tells Blake to **** off when he says to fire Dorito.

Which is what we should hope for because that'll force their hand.

Dead nuts-on.

Question is - does Blake, the Administration, or the BOT - all eaten up with the dumbass - make it happen.

Advertisement
A loss this Saturday can seal the deal. It's going to get ugly.

Golden won't fire D'Onofrio because of pressure from above, IMO. If D'Onofrio leaves, it will be ostensibly of his own accord.

Golden won't fire D'Onofrio because of pressure from above, IMO. If D'Onofrio leaves, it will be ostensibly of his own accord.
That is true if the contract says they are a package deal, or that Golden has final say in personnel decisions. If not then the AD can fire whichever coach he wants.

Advertisement
Blake reminds me a lot of this guy. I don't think he's the firing type. Alfred would probably just laugh and walk away. They'd probably have to have The Tomato King do it.

Andrew+Daly+Premiere+HBO+East+Bound+Down+2nd+O6819RgEUOQl.jpg

Advertisement
Blake isn't firing anyone my pals. It will be his name on the press release but Blake will be right next to Al on the list of people who were last to know the guy got fired

Advertisement
I think if it came (it is going to) down to it Golden will have to relieve Doritos. I'd be anxious to know though if he has some kind of clause in his contract that he makes the decision? The writing is on the wall and has been. He had his chance to get older players, recruits, and continuity in the scheme and the results show the same. While we didn't necessarily get blown out by UL and UN we are not an attacking D by any means. It's way to easy to pick apart.

I'm no offensive genius but I did play all the way through high school. If you gave me an offensive play book I could script a scoring drive against these bozos with any .500 team.

That is true if the contract says they are a package deal, or that Golden has final say in personnel decisions. If not then the AD can fire whichever coach he wants.

Serious question...what HC coach would work in an environment where he cannot choose his own coaches? The only example I can think of offhand is what JJ was saddled with when he took the UM job. That was an unmitigated disaster in 1984, until JJ could hire the guys he wanted.

Again, if you can't trust the HC to choose his subordinates, what are you paying him for?

I think if it came (it is going to) down to it Golden will have to relieve Doritos. I'd be anxious to know though if he has some kind of clause in his contract that he makes the decision? The writing is on the wall and has been. He had his chance to get older players, recruits, and continuity in the scheme and the results show the same. While we didn't necessarily get blown out by UL and UN we are not an attacking D by any means. It's way to easy to pick apart.

I'm no offensive genius but I did play all the way through high school. If you gave me an offensive play book I could script a scoring drive against these bozos with any .500 team.
Why????

It is Golden's defense.

Advertisement
Back