Any chance?? Re. Cook

Glad to see thinking outside the box is so embraced. Many of you could have a spot on the sideline with our defensive coaches in terms of personnel management. Kudos to the high school crowd in here.

It's definitely a legit thought but the issue we have is skill n depth at skilled position, particularly rb. Duke is hurt, how will he bounce back? Dallas Crawford is very serviceable but not the home run back that changes games and teams must game plan around. Gus is still an unknown. Yearby and Powell coming in will definitely help with depth where we need at least 3 studs battling it out. If Alex Collins chose Miami then this is a discussion to have but he didn't so we are lacking at that position.

Advertisement
I just feel that our safety play this year, combined with the lack of depth there, has been one of our biggest holes. RB with Duke, Dallas, Yearby, Powell and Gus would be fairly deep with playmakers next year. Safety could be Bush, Jenkins, Carter and????? Cook could see the field right away there and instantly upgrade speed and athleticism. It's not like we have a huge number of recruiting targets at safety either.

I just feel that our safety play this year, combined with the lack of depth there, has been one of our biggest holes. RB with Duke, Dallas, Yearby, Powell and Gus would be fairly deep with playmakers next year. Safety could be Bush, Jenkins, Carter and????? Cook could see the field right away there and instantly upgrade speed and athleticism. It's not like we have a huge number of recruiting targets at safety either.
Agreed but Cooks primary role in high school was running back and he's rated as a top rb, not safety. If we ne do safeties so bad (which we do) then we needa recruit safeties

IF he were to come here it would be as a safety? I know some say that he's too explosive not to have the ball in his hands, however, he has played db for Central all year and would have an easy path to playing time. Sean Taylor, Phillip Buchanon, DJ Williams were all explosive athletes that we played on defense, despite playing a lot of offense in high school. We do need these types on defense to become dominant again.

Why not just tell him our punter is graduating and we could really use his help in that position?

He and Yearby are 2 of the top running backs recruits, and if Duke's injury hasn't made this point crystal clear, You need studs at your skill positions.

You guys think it's just a coincidence we've lost 3 games since Duke went down?
Crawford is good but he's not Duke. Crawford is to Duke like Alanis Morissette is to Scarlett Johannsen.
Kudos to Ryan Reynolds for the greatest upgrade of all time.
We won't be the Canes again, until we have studs stockpiled on the 3 deep beating each other up for reps, and it starts at the skill positions.

Fake punt every chance we get! Great idea

Advertisement
Agreed but Cooks primary role in high school was running back and he's rated as a top rb, not safety. If we ne do safeties so bad (which we do) then we needa recruit safeties

He has played DB all year for Central as well as RB.

He has locked down Lane H2H this year, had a pick and FF against Don Bosco and a Pick 6 last night in their playoff game. 4 picks total on the year in limited pass attempts against. I agree that he excels at RB, but has excelled as a DB as well. Just an idea being thrown around. D is clearly more of a problem than our O.

Advertisement
Foutnette is going to be a cane. Keep telling the board. Please remember I told the world so

From your lips to God's ears. We need a big horse to beat on the defenses, so Duke, Joe, and Brandon and run them into the ground. Want Cook also, but would not hate him going over to defense. In the day, are best athletes went to the defense. Sapp was all-world TE but went redshirt, S&C to grow into HOF DT. How many RBs go first round in the modern NFL compared to top flight DBs. Cook's best money shot could well be defense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back