Any chance Lou Hedley leaves after this year?

Advertisement
Does his style of punting hurts him as a NFL prospect? If so he should stay the 4/5 years, if not he should be gone after putting 2 years of good tape out there, probably a 7th rounder/Priority UDFA

Did you see the bomb he dropped on Saturday when he didnt do the rugby style punt? He can kick it both styles

Of course he's gone! The dude is turning 26 and he's the best punter prospect I've seen in a very long time. Louis Hedley is the next Ray Guy!

Advertisement
In all fairness, in college, Ray Guy had a 93 yard punt against Ole Miss.

For the record, Madden HATED the Raiders punter in 1972, the year before they drafted Guy. That year, the Raiders punter had a punt that was so horrific that it was played repeatedly on The Tonight Show and Johnny Carson made jokes about it.

Fortunately, the Raiders were loaded at nearly every position, they had Stabler, Banaszak, Biletnikoff, and Branch at the skill positions on offense and 3 HOF'ers on the OL.

Plus, the Raiders were coming off the Immaculate Reception.

The first five seasons that Guy played for the Raiders, they went to the AFC Championship Game every year (and won the Super Bowl once). After Madden left, the Raiders then won 2 more Super Bowls under Flores.

Let's not forget, Ray Guy is the ONLY punter in the NFL HOF. Let's hope that Hedley is the second.
Absolutely agree with Ray Guy being the best punter ever. No doubt.

However, I wouldn't take him, Jan Stenerud, or Morten Andersen (the 2 kickers in the HOF) in the first round. Trade down and get him in the 2nd round.

Yup that's why I'm wondering if we're looking at a way to replace him for next year
Get down under and find another Aussie or New Zealander. Establish that pipeline. They have punting schools in Australia for these kids. It should not be hard with the success of Hedley. He can be the new ambassador. With him in the NFL, we should have plenty of suitors.

Does he have his degree? If not then he should stay. There are only 32 punting jobs in the NFL and most teams have a solid punter already. It's difficult to catch on with a team and teams don't use practice squad spots on a punter.

Advertisement
My man is already 33! What else does he have to prove??! Lol. He’s a Darren Bennett reincarnation. Dude is by far the best punter in the nation, and field position is so critical in the NFL being that the league caters to the O. I can see my guy getting drafted in the 3rd which is equivalent to a P getting drafted in the 1st.

We've actually had really good Punters over the years .... just all went to **** with Feagles.

Getting his degree is smart b/c Justin Vogel was very good and he couldn't stay on an NFL roster. He was a Pro-Bowl alternate in 2018 and then got released when GB selected JK Scott.

Advertisement
My man is already 33! What else does he have to prove??! Lol. He’s a Darren Bennett reincarnation. Dude is by far the best punter in the nation, and field position is so critical in the NFL being that the league caters to the O. I can see my guy getting drafted in the 3rd which is equivalent to a P getting drafted in the 1st.
For him it’s no rush . Punters can be in the league for a while since there is little punishment on their bodies

Don't hear about punters leaving early too often, but yes, I think he does. And as much as I'll hate losing him, I hope he does. His story arc is incredible and I'd love to see him actualize his dream and be kicking on Sundays. Clearly he is ready.

Absolutely agree with Ray Guy being the best punter ever. No doubt.

However, I wouldn't take him, Jan Stenerud, or Morten Andersen (the 2 kickers in the HOF) in the first round. Trade down and get him in the 2nd round.

I'm not saying you would, I'm just saying that Al did. And he won 3 Super Bowls with Guy on the roster, and did not suffer some horrible consequences due to over-drafting.

Besides, those were the old days of playing for field position. And that was also the pre-JJ days when very few teams "drafted down to get additional draft picks".

Advertisement
Smart guy. Get all the degrees you can. He's also a punter and if he's a good pro punter he can play until he's 40 so his age doesn't really matter that much.

Since when do punters declare early for the draft? Ever the best CFB punters are drafted late Day 3, if at all. There were two (2) punters drafted each of the last two seasons. Hedley should do exactly what he said in the article. Return for 2021, get his degree, maybe a Master’s.

SMH....now Miami has punters declaring early for the draft.

What’s next, long snappers?

Advertisement
Back