Any chance Lou Hedley leaves after this year?

Advertisement
that mf had a 62 yard punt today and I had a PTSDish flashback to Feagles.

There is a Davis as an owner in the NFL still. Al's son Mark. Being that Al drafted Ray Guy in the first round and Sebastian Janikowski in the first round, the apple may not fall far from the tree. Since Mark goes with the Lloyd Christmas hairdo, he just may draft Lou in the first round.

1602993547110.png

As a fan I want him to stay but if he stays on pace he’ll be either the first or second punter drafted depending on how Georgia's punter finishes and if he goes pro early. Ceiling for a punter is generally round 4 depending on the year but more common to be round 5-6 for the first guy off the board. Right now he'd have the second best net avg in the NFL, and has the second best net in all of college football since 2013 (can't find net avg. before that) only behind Georgia's current punter.

Advertisement
As a fan I want him to stay but if he stays on pace he’ll be either the first or second punter drafted depending on how Georgia's punter finishes and if he goes pro early. Ceiling for a punter is generally round 4 depending on the year but more common to be round 5-6 for the first guy off the board. Right now he'd have the second best net avg in the NFL, and has the second best net in all of college football since 2013 (can't find net avg. before that) only behind Georgia's current punter.

Combine this with the fact that he is 27 and probably wants to start earning a living...

Advertisement
C'Mon, you come here from Down under, have some college fun then realize you can do it in the NFL and make some decent money? No brainer.

What colleges have learned with these Rugby guys, is there's an awful lot of them around the world who can kick the ball a mile and he's one whose success and helped show other's the way. Bet there's already been some rugby players contact the U like punters/kickers do, in anticipation .

I know he's a punter and they don't go high in drafts but I don't know what a sr season would do to help his draft stock. I would love for him to come back but if he doesn't does it make sense for us to bring in a punter this year? I'd hate to have that position be a liability like it was before Hedley.
We're losing our K & Punter this year.

He is gone. Will be 26 years old and his goal was to get an NFL shot. He has done that. No reason to stay even if he goes undrafted. He will get an NFL tryout. Wish he would stay another year but I doubt it.

Advertisement
I know he showed the ability to punt from a regular formation yesterday (meaning, not taking 2 steps to the right), but that Aussie **** isn’t gonna work in the NFL.

I don’t know how that affects his draft stock or nfl outlook in general, but it’s something that must be considered.

Advertisement
And we can really see what an absurd difference it makes in terms of game situations. He's been nothing but reliable for us so far. He's earned whatever is coming his way.

Does his style of punting hurts him as a NFL prospect? If so he should stay the 4/5 years, if not he should be gone after putting 2 years of good tape out there, probably a 7th rounder/Priority UDFA

Advertisement
Back