Any chance Canes decline the The Cheez-It Bowl invitation ?

Advertisement
But... I love my canes but man, that performance last week just have me not wanting to see that defense until staff changes are made.

Both teams that played in last year's Cheez-It Bowl are currently ranked in the top 10.

Penn State, Virginia, Baylor, Memphis played in NY6 bowls and are not relevant.

NY6 is a sham and nobody cares if you did or did not make it to a NY6 bowl unless it's a B1G vs Pac12 Rose Bowl which conjures up some nostalgia.

The teams who play in the Cheez-it Bowl get something like a years supply of Cheez-its for the entire team ore something crazy like that. No way any team terns that down.
What about gluten intolerance, tho?

Advertisement
WHY DECLINE, LET'S play SOME phuckin football, geez new generation. We are the mighty MIAMI HURRICANES. GET WITH IT.

I initially wanted to see the canes play, but after last weeks performance I question it. Especially after Mandy called them “emotionally bankrupt.” If he couldn’t motivate them to play a meaningful home game against UNC, I think it’s extremely unlikely he can game plan and motivate them to play in a meaningless bowl game. Also, the kids won’t be getting any of the fun bowl experiences since covid. If they’re truly that emotionally spent, as per Mandy, then let them go home.

Advertisement
I’m going to enjoy the beating. Watching manure die on TV is happiness .
Every loss is a step closer to firing this abomination of a coach.

BUT

Some how if manure does pull a win against a team with half its squad opting out. We will won’t have long for another record setting loss.

I don't LIKE the new phylosophy about players opting out like flies. Miss the old COLLEGE FOOTBALL back in the days.

Advertisement
lol... the Hurricanes will play in some third-tier bowl. It just matters which one, seeing they DESERVINGLY tumbled all the way down to No. 19. Ouch. And they possibly could fall down one or two more rungs. huh? Because one or two teams below them have one more game left and those particular teams could have IMPRESSIVE wins.

Nevertheless, I want to witness if the team comes READY to play and win their final game.
We won't be ranked at the end of this season....,as usual.

Advertisement
I'd wait till the day before and then bow out...get all the bennefit of the practices, the kids get their swag bags and we don't have to worry about fcking up this year completely by getting boat raced by any team with a pulse...

Its incredible on how a lost does to our program, even though it was hard to watch. Ok then, let's abandon ship. Come on, whoever we play, let's rally the team and refocus.

Advertisement
Back