Any chance Blake is waiting....

I find it odd James hasn't said anything yet since the regular season has ended. Could be that there is some talks about how to proceed. Pure speculation but it wouldn't make sense not to come right out and say we are standing behind Golden. Would do the school better if he did even though we don't want him to. Gives recruits peace of mind if they like Golden and would settle down some of this commotion.

I'm hoping its bc they are really trying to figure out how they can let him go

Advertisement
I think James is not saying anything because there is no thought of firing him. Why would he come out now and say they are keeping him if they don't have any plans of firing him. No way Nebraska hires him, Tulsa is only hope but I don't see Tulsa wanting to pay his buyout

I think James is not saying anything because there is no thought of firing him. Why would he come out now and say they are keeping him if they don't have any plans of firing him. No way Nebraska hires him, Tulsa is only hope but I don't see Tulsa wanting to pay his buyout

I'm sure Miami fans would cover the buyout for anyone that wants to take him. Set up a kick starter or something.

Advertisement
Unless you mean waiting for Donna to retire and give him his sack back so he can go somewhere else then no..

Blake is waiting to be told what to do by his superiors. The only decisions Blake makes are what uniform combinations the team will wear.

He doesn't even get that power. The team captains do. He has the privilege to be the face of incompetency for the school. The BOT makes decisions, and make Blake go and show face with the media so they can cover themselves. A scapegoat, kind of like the players this year for Golden and No D.

Maybe I'm missing something but why would Tulsa need to pay his buyout. If he got another job I'm sure Miami would release him from the contract. That would be the greatest thing we could hope for, no?

I could be wrong also but I was under impression that someone would have to pay his buyout if he got new job also. At least I thought that was mentioned when Penn st was reportedly going after him.

Advertisement
How quiet it is, tells you that there are discussions. As you can imagine, there is likely a contingent of people among boosters, BOT, and Admins who are not happy with the performance. Inarguably we just finished the worst season ever in the modern era. If you are going to keep this coach you need to give him a huge vote of confidence. The fact that that has not happened is telling. They are either:

1. Completely incompetent
2. Standing united, and trying to come to a consensus on what to say/do
3. Involved in some negotiation over something.

You can't have a season like this and not have major staff changes.

I could be wrong also but I was under impression that someone would have to pay his buyout if he got new job also. At least I thought that was mentioned when Penn st was reportedly going after him.

It can all be negotiated. I'm sure the school is smart enough to let someone take him off our hands for free.

If you were making $2 million+ for the next 5+ years at your job no matter how good or bad you performed, would you leave?

He's already banked what, $6m from the U?

He clearly doesn't want to be here. The fan base doesn't want him here. He's lost the locker room. If he was a man he'd hold his hands up and walk away with a shred of dignity left.

We all know he'll keep cashing those cheques though...

If it ain't happened by now, it's not happening.

Attendance next year will be worse than ever.

Advertisement
No way Albert is quitting. It's not going to look good when he interviews for his next gig. Quitting on a school is a career killer. He knows that.

Blake doesn't have the authority to speak to Golden without permission. LOL at thinking James has ANY say in ny matter.

IMO it is odd that we haven't heard anything for two days and all of Golden's pressers have been canceled...

Advertisement

C'mon, UM would not insist on the buyout. they'd let him go in a heartbeat, as it would solve their ever expanding PR problem, not to mention their lack of quality football problem.

Advertisement
Back