Official Antonio Tripp COMMITS

He was recruiting top 10 classes to Oregon. #7, #12, #6. To Oregon!

He's best known for being a relentless recruiter.

Now he's at Miami where we've had some of the worst coaches and on field success and still continue to recruit top 15 classes.

I expect top 3-5 classes consistently. Maybe just top 10 on some off years but that'll be the exception.

fify

Advertisement
How cool is this? They got Mirabal a box to stand on so he could get in the picture.

3D02EE60-092B-42C9-A940-73AA7F50DC6C.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was poking around the Penn St 247 board to see what kind of intel they had on Tripp. Found the following comments on him after he committed to the Canes.

The competition wasn't fierce, but it's a nice win for Alex Mirabal. He did an okay job in this area when he was at Marshall too.

Antonio still has a chance to be a pretty good player. He doesn't have the snap to snap consistency right now, but he has some great moments when he's locked in. The question is with him whether or not you can get 50-70 high quality snaps from him on a weekly basis. It's going to take some development to get him there.

They have a "mini board" for each position group and the OL board was also posted. They are pursuing the following guys on OLine:

Already Committed: Alex Birchmeier, J'ven Williams, Joshua Miller and Anthony Donkoh

They are looking to add a couple more. A few of the guys on their board are recruits Mirabal is also pursuing: Payton Kirkland, Roderick Kearney, Monroe Freeling, Lucas Simmons and Clay Wedin

I was poking around the Penn St 247 board to see what kind of intel they had on Tripp. Found the following comments on him after he committed to the Canes.

The competition wasn't fierce, but it's a nice win for Alex Mirabal. He did an okay job in this area when he was at Marshall too.

Antonio still has a chance to be a pretty good player. He doesn't have the snap to snap consistency right now, but he has some great moments when he's locked in. The question is with him whether or not you can get 50-70 high quality snaps from him on a weekly basis. It's going to take some development to get him there.

They have a "mini board" for each position group and the OL board was also posted. They are pursuing the following guys on OLine:

Already Committed: Alex Birchmeier, J'ven Williams, Joshua Miller and Anthony Donkoh

They are looking to add a couple more. A few of the guys on their board are recruits Mirabal is also pursuing: Payton Kirkland, Roderick Kearney, Monroe Freeling, Lucas Simmons and Clay Wedin

The sentiment I got from some PSU fans is that he was thought of being a likely commit last summer/fall but things cooled late in the fall. I suspect that PSU got some commits higher on their board (or a higher need) and cooled on tripp. Tripp's school is a big time PSU feeder school so I suspect they would have eventually circled back with interest in him but we jumped in.

Advertisement
Advertisement

"Poking" around on anything Penn St is beyond blasphemous.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back