Official Antonio Tripp COMMITS

Advertisement
Scaife still has some time. I get your point but he’s one guy I really can’t wait to see with this new staff
I agree. Herbert was just a bad eval. Even his HS tape a lot of people on here were not only skeptical but flat out adamant he was not going to do well in CFB, @Liberty City El was one of the main ones leading that charge.

Reed, strong as an ox and was a better eval and a kid you take a chance on but unsure why he can't get on the field. He looks "ok" in limited time, my guess is just mental and commitment. Never good to bounce in and out of the portal like he has. Maybe the light comes on but doubtful.

Scaife has been through what 3-4 coaches now? Constantly switching from T to G, he is a T in a C body. He started out as one of, if not our best lineman as T, then got abused at G and last year he had some improvement. We did no service to him either constantly switching. I would not call Scaife a bust, maybe a JAG, might not have an NFL career but "bust" gets thrown around too much just like "elite." Is he all conference top draft pick? No. But hard to call a guy a bust that played in all 13 games as a true freshman (7 starts), 13 starts as a sophomore, and 11 starts as a junior. Dude had a streak of like 31 straight games starting and has now played in 48 games.

Tripp however is exactly the type of big mauler Mario likes and exactly the type of kid the Michigan and Wisc of the world get, fringe top 300 players, wait their turn and in a few years demolish our run d in bowl games.

Animated GIF

Advertisement
“Last night we had a two hour conversation with my parents and everything. Coach Cristobal was just talking about life and just how it is and Cristobal recently lost his mom, so we were talking about how he was raised and how bad he wanted to come back to Miami…He just came from a funeral to bury his mom, to go back to his job, to go coach and he’s still talking to me, a recruit that wasn’t committed at the time, and that spoke volumes. This is the guy that I want to play for. This is my coach,” Tripp said.
Recruiting a kid after you get home from your mother's funeral. That's some next level ****. I like it.

He is definitely a people mover. Good initial punch and hand placement. He stays engaged on his blocks and does a good job of turning his man and walling him off from getting to the ball carrier. Plus he's nasty and finishes his blocks well. Strong get from the coaching staff.

Advertisement
We also haven’t had Cristobal and Mirabal coaching our players up. Just look at how well they developed OL at Oregon. Some of the names you mentioned could’ve made the NFL if properly developed. We now have a staff that is going to do that!!

Butch Barry is really good friends with Mirabal, and they share some of the same drills/coaching concepts for O-Line. With that said, the OLine improved under Butch, but the lack of physical practices likely could've attributed to the run blocking deficiencies. Mirabal is also a better recruiter. Before anyone reads this post and takes it negatively, just know Butch Barry got hired by the Broncos a couple weeks ago.

Rolling out of your mom's funeral and straight into recruiting is a whole other level. I honestly feel a little uncomfortable being at all excited about that. Mario is gonna work though. It's who he is and as he said at his press conference yesterday it's what his mom would want him to do.

Not gonna lie, I wouldn't be doing that.

Advertisement
Rolling out of your mom's funeral and straight into recruiting is a whole other level. I honestly feel a little uncomfortable being at all excited about that. Mario is gonna work though. It's who he is and as he said at his press conference yesterday it's what his mom would want him to do.

I think its acceptable. not trying to be insensitive but when you are 50 something you expect to lose your parents at some point. making a phone call or two for work is not the end of the world.

Maybe its a way for him to cope as well

Advertisement

I think a lot of times people say "People cope in all sorts of different ways" to cover up some straight up weirdness.

In this instance though I don't find it allllll that strange for two reasons. A) This sadly probably wasn't much of a surprise for the Cristobal family so their coping probably had started a while ago and B) Mario is a workaholic and seemingly believes that his mother would want him to be back at work asap and this is a major part of the work.

Of course it could be awkward to get that call yesterday if you're a recruit or a parent but in this case Mario seemed to know his audience as it obviously worked out.

More from Canesport:

Tripp says he’ll spread the word. He’s friendly with numerous top recruits and says he is going to let them all know just what he sees in Miami’s future. Among the prospects he’s struck up a friendship with are Payton Kirkland, Knijeah Harris, Mason Robinson, David Ojiebg and 5-star Nyckholes Harbor
“It’s a lot of guys,” Tripp said. “I’m going to be calling them all starting today. My goals are first I’m trying to build a better class than that legendary ’01 team. That’s my goal. Stay tuned, I’m planning on bringing the biggest, best guys. I’m getting to work, bringing the out West guys, helping get South Florida boys to stay home. I’m getting them all.”

I haven’t see this name mentioned either but looks like Knijeah Harris is also a lock… the trenches will be upgraded beyond recognition in two more years.

:rickflair2:

View attachment 179231

We may get Harris but don’t look at that crystal ball. Lake from ITU made a bunch of “1“ confidence picks for Miami back in December. Believe Harris was one of them.

Advertisement
Back