Antonio Crawford Highlights

Advertisement
I dont understand how the best player off of one of the best teams in Florida, that has good size and speed, doesn't have a much better offer list than what he has. Georgia Tech apparently was the only BCS school to offer. Kid looks like a beast

Advertisement
Lots of teams don't even try with Georgia Tech early commits because the kids know if they go on trips late, they'll have their scholly yanked, so they exit the recruiting game early.

Crawford's first year starting came as a junior. Played both ways. I think he's a solid 3-star kid that would have played for Georgia Tech, maybe not as a freshman, but he's a multi-year contributor and/or starter. He's got a good makeup. Nice size and build. Good straight line speed. I think he can play. Definitely an athlete. In the state title game, I think you saw that he can project high as a corner.

I think, right now, he's our best pure corner recruit (Bush, AJL, and others, projections at corner, not included). While I think Vernon Davis projects best as a slot/nickel corner...I think Crawford projects more on the outside on the island. I think Hope is a good projection on the outside as well. Dortch has some natural hips and can play, but not sure he's the athlete the others are, nor has the upside, but might end up being an earlier contributor because he's got some natural skills. I do like Crawford though the most.

I think, right now, he's our best pure corner recruit (Bush, AJL, and others, projections at corner, not included). While I think Vernon Davis projects best as a slot/nickel corner...I think Crawford projects more on the outside on the island. I think Hope is a good projection on the outside as well. Dortch has some natural hips and can play, but not sure he's the athlete the others are, nor has the upside, but might end up being an earlier contributor because he's got some natural skills. I do like Crawford though the most.

One advantage for Crawford vs. Dortch/Davis as far as playing early is his size. He looks well put together, while the other two might need a year or two in the weight room. Bush has great size and Hope is not small. Those three would probably be my best guess at early playing time (along with Howard if he comes).

One advantage for Crawford vs. Dortch/Davis as far as playing early is his size. He looks well put together, while the other two might need a year or two in the weight room. Bush has great size and Hope is not small. Those three would probably be my best guess at early playing time (along with Howard if he comes).

Dortch and Davis are pretty tiny guys, and in that, I think you are on to something.

Crawford looks like one of those corners he was trotting out there at Temple...just with that Florida athleticism. The Kee-ayre Griffin type, who was also a CB/RB in HS in NJ with nice size (5-11ish 180ish) and ran a 4.4.

I think Bush is ++ athletic and has sky high upside, I just think ol boy needs work as football player...but he might be too athletic and too much upside that shines through to keep him off the field.

Hope is kind of a sleeper in the class I like. He earned a scholly in every sense of the word. Good size and athleticism. I like the risk.

Advertisement
I think Bush is ++ athletic and has sky high upside, I just think ol boy needs work as football player...but he might be too athletic and too much upside that shines through to keep him off the field.

No doubt, which is why he's a corner all the way with no shot at safety IMO. The fact that he doesn't have the best nose for the ball is mitigated somewhat on the island. Camps are usually overrated, but for pure coverage ability they can be a very useful evaluation tool. And from what I've seen Bush looked pretty far along for a cover guy given his experience.

Some cameos if you scroll down: Versus STA covering Dorsett, versus Countryside almost picking off Gray Crow, versus Miramar locking up Malcolm Lewis, versus Hillsborough running past Earl Moore (#72).

Advertisement

Dortch and Davis are pretty tiny guys, and in that, I think you are on to something.

Crawford looks like one of those corners he was trotting out there at Temple...just with that Florida athleticism. The Kee-ayre Griffin type, who was also a CB/RB in HS in NJ with nice size (5-11ish 180ish) and ran a 4.4.

Hope is kind of a sleeper in the class I like. He earned a scholly in every sense of the word. Good size and athleticism. I like the risk.

Possibly his height kept more teams from recruiting him. Notwithstanding his listed height, the only way Crawford can be compared with a player who's 5'11"-ish is if ALJ (standing next to him with the hat on in this pic) is 6'4".

View attachment 2838

Advertisement
Back