Antione Jackson update [anyone have one?]

I've seen this movie before.

The sad, and I mean really sad, part of the story is that this is the kind of kid that ends up doing nothing, in jail .... or worse.

Not saying it happens, but when you look at the emotional (im)maturity, the personal situation, and some other factors that make him highly impressionable to some not so great influences, I start to see flashing photos of Willie Williams, Adrian McPherson, and many others who have the same profile.
Jail?!?

I think he's handled his decisions quite poorly, but that's a far cry from jail.

Advertisement
I've seen this movie before.

The sad, and I mean really sad, part of the story is that this is the kind of kid that ends up doing nothing, in jail .... or worse.

Not saying it happens, but when you look at the emotional (im)maturity, the personal situation, and some other factors that make him highly impressionable to some not so great influences, I start to see flashing photos of Willie Williams, Adrian McPherson, and many others who have the same profile.
326F44D1-D147-4249-91AA-14CA343415F6.jpeg

Advertisement
Guys apparently there's been more traction with this. Not sure which post it was but @Cribby said not looking good and I'm sure his info is more current then mine since mine was several weeks ago. Kids and their decisions...
As you know he’s been all over the place. Last week it sounded over and he’d be released from his NLOI , I was hoping since it was dragging out another week with no announcement he had another change of heart. Regardless the ride sounds to be ending.

As you know he’s been all over the place. Last week it sounded over and he’d be released from his NLOI , I was hoping since it was dragging out another week with no announcement he had another change of heart. Regardless the ride sounds to be ending.
This feels like a “to keep the relationship with Dillard and others cool” type of move, Maybe I’m wrong though.

Advertisement
Just a few months after initially opting for the University of Miami over East Carolina University, Antione Jackson has had a change of heart.
The four-star class of 2023 prospect from Dillard High School in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., has flipped his commitment and signed with ECU, the school officially announced on Saturday night.
The 6-foot, 170-pound Jackson is ranked the 242nd-best player nationally and a four-star prospect per the 247Sports Composite (.9140). He’s the highest-ranked recruit in program history in the online recruiting rankings era (since 2000). Jackson is tabbed the 19th-best safety in the 2023 class, and the 48th-best player in Florida. He is projected to play cornerback to begin with at East Carolina.

Just a few months after initially opting for the University of Miami over East Carolina University, Antione Jackson has had a change of heart.
The four-star class of 2023 prospect from Dillard High School in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., has flipped his commitment and signed with ECU, the school officially announced on Saturday night.
The 6-foot, 170-pound Jackson is ranked the 242nd-best player nationally and a four-star prospect per the 247Sports Composite (.9140). He’s the highest-ranked recruit in program history in the online recruiting rankings era (since 2000). Jackson is tabbed the 19th-best safety in the 2023 class, and the 48th-best player in Florida. He is projected to play cornerback to begin with at East Carolina.
P^ssy whipped, I cannot believe he ended up there over USC or Louisville. My boy is shaking his head, Dude legit chose poon over money. We all know how this ends - we’ll see him in the portal when they break up.

Well he ain't bringing them to ECU with him. Recruit and win on the field. We'll be fine.
Just frustrating because he’s a talented kid. He just seems to be immature, and thinking with his piece (pause) instead of long-term. Who knows how committed he is to football at this point; I don’t want to come off as salty, but ECU? Really? Any other legit reason to head there instead of your girl?

USC or Louisville (and obviously Miami) would have paid him a bag, and with our need for depth at safety…kid just isn’t thinking long-term here. Even UNC would have been a decent compromise.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOOOOOOOOL

This feels like a “to keep the relationship with Dillard and others cool” type of move, Maybe I’m wrong though.
Yep. Kids have all the power now. It is what it is. It would be bad politically to not let him out. As of last Saturday that was the plan and he was gone.

Advertisement
P^ssy whipped, I cannot believe he ended up there over USC or Louisville. My boy is shaking his head, Dude legit chose poon over money. We all know how this ends - we’ll see him in the portal when they break up.
The man could get dumped by his girl next semester when she finds a new man, then he'll just be stuck at random ECU

Advertisement
Back