Antione Jackson to UCF

Advertisement
What? Not sure what you said has any relevance to this thread. They didn't want Antione Jackson. They made that clear by not offering. The only ifs'couldves, and shouldves are on his side, not ours.
So we don't offer Antione, in hopes of landing the NC St kid, only to possibly miss on him, and then what? This type of approach is what I'm talking about. It happened with the qb situation and is playing itself out the same way here thus far.

So we don't offer Antione, in hopes of landing the NC St kid, only to possibly miss on him, and then what? This type of approach is what I'm talking about. It happened with the qb situation and is playing itself out the same way here thus far.
It seems as a general principle Mario is not taking kids from the portal with multiple years of eligibility to compete with kids from his recruiting classes. Seems to be using it more as a stopgap measure to bring in veteran players where we have clear depth chart issues.

Advertisement
Jackson is the obvious answer but it doesn't quite work that way. Thomas JUST signed, you can't exactly take his spot now

if Jackson had entered the portal on December 4th, probably would have been a different scenario

You can be a competent HC and avoid taking marginal talent in the first place, with the understanding that this is the portal era. Or you can be a better HC and have the knowledge a local kid like this wants to come back home because you work those back channels.

Jackson is the obvious answer but it doesn't quite work that way. Thomas JUST signed, you can't exactly take his spot now

if Jackson had entered the portal on December 4th, probably would have been a different scenario
It works that way by not bringing in 30 kids in a class. You bring in a huge class like that and you have to know you are limiting portal spots. I’m not talking about Jackson in particular but in general they would have been better off trimming 2 or 3 lottery projects from the 2024 class to use on more sure things in a must win season.

It seems as a general principle Mario is not taking kids from the portal with multiple years of eligibility to compete with kids from his recruiting classes. Seems to be using it more as a stopgap measure to bring in veteran players where we have clear depth chart issues.
I understand the approach but it doesn't make sense. For loyalty to his recruited players he is willing to not offer other kids with multiple year's while teams like Bama, USC, Georgia, Florida and FSU around us load up in the portal. If MC were an awesome in game coach as well as recruiter, I would say no problem. But MC is incompetent when it comes to game planning and managing the game. He has not earned the right to be a chooser at the point.

Advertisement
We we don’t know we specifically aren’t offering him cause of the NCSt cb tho. It legit seems like it could just be purely numbers wise and the fact they just aren’t highly valuing him. Plus I mean DMoney has said a couple times the staff liked what we had at Cb and we may not even target a Cb. Which speaks to why we are either going for a legit guy or none.
Personally I dislike us not taking CB and TE, but I’m not freaking out it’s not Jackson.

What? Not sure what you said has any relevance to this thread. They didn't want Antione Jackson. They made that clear by not offering. The only ifs'couldves, and shouldves are on his side, not ours.
That's not exactly true. We would've liked to bring him back. However we weren't gonna throw any other kids to wolves when we didn't have any spots available. Is what it is. But absolutely he put himself in this spot to begin with.

Advertisement
Could have used him but 100% understand the decision not to take him.

I’d never take someone that left the way he did.. don’t care that he was 16 or if he was 18 or 22. Judging by his mom’s post and comments.. doesn’t come from a very good support system and probably rubs off on him.

Hold up...Mario did the same thing that Jackson is trying to do. Don't forget that Mario was hired at Miami to be assistant head coach and left to coach with Nick Saban...Kill that noise talking about culture...
One person left for a better job opportunity, the other allegedly because of a girl. Yup, same thing

Advertisement
They should wrap up Jackson immediately and make room for the NC State kid if they can land him.

And yes there’s ways to make room.

Btw if Lou Cristobal is on scholarship that's a slap in the face. Unc is stealing 8 million a year from Miami.

I understand the approach but it doesn't make sense. For loyalty to his recruited players he is willing to not offer other kids with multiple year's while teams like Bama, USC, Georgia, Florida and FSU around us load up in the portal. If MC were an awesome in game coach as well as recruiter, I would say no problem. But MC is incompetent when it comes to game planning and managing the game. He has not earned the right to be a chooser at the point.
I mean Miamis portal class is rated ahead of Bama and Georgia. Not to far behind forida and USC. FSU has to hit the portal hard with all the losses in personnel. This is according to ON3 rankings.

I don’t think it’s as dire as people make it seem aside from the qb. That’s a giant issue obviously. If you consistently recruit the portal over the players you sign in high school recruiting they will portal out. It’s a fine line coaches have to walk.

I mean Miamis portal class is rated ahead of Bama and Georgia. Not to far behind forida and USC. FSU has to hit the portal hard with all the losses in personnel. This is according to ON3 rankings.

I don’t think it’s as dire as people make it seem aside from the qb. That’s a giant issue obviously. If you consistently recruit the portal over the players you sign in high school recruiting they will portal out. It’s a fine line coaches have to walk.
Safety isn’t dire?!?

Advertisement
Back