Antione Jackson to UCF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Staff clearly doesn’t view him as a take. It seems they’re high on passing on kids in the portal that passed on initially committing to them out of HS. This kid went as far as to sign and then request a release from his NLI, they’re not taking him back.

What are they waiting on? I’m a little irritated at how slow and “methodical” our approach with the portal has been.
Portal game isn’t great for skill players imo. Should have pressed for Peny Boone, but they ignored him for Judkins who wants QB money. Very concerned about RB room given Fletcher’s injuries, Citizen’s unknown status, and Parrish potential bouncing back to Ole **** (not certain). Our WR portal game sucks (Harrell and Ladson), and not sure what the plan is at DB. And we only have a couple visits left.

Advertisement
They better strike gold in the portal if we’re suddenly too good for this kid because we have half a team full of jags and our CB room is a freaking mess so find room to add some talent

For real Mario sucks in the portal. Sure he has got a couple guys but none at DB or DT the positions we desperately need. I thought we were the NIL boogeyman? But can’t get a difference maker CB or DT.

Portal game isn’t great for skill players imo. Should have pressed for Peny Boone, but they ignored him for Judkins who wants QB money. Very concerned about RB room given Fletcher’s injuries, Citizen’s unknown status, and Parrish potential bouncing back to Ole **** (not certain). Our WR portal game sucks (Harrell and Ladson), and not sure what the plan is at DB. And we only have a couple visits left.
If Parrish stays we are deep. Adding another would definitely push someone out

Fletcher
Parrish
Allen
CJ2
Citizen
*Lyle
*Humphrey

We need more numbers at DB and Jackson would help there

Porter
Brown
Richard
Stafford
Freeney
*Mack
*Frederique

Safety needs help too

Riley
Harris
Williams
*Patterson
*Day
*Thomas

*True Freshman

Advertisement
If Parrish stays we are deep. Adding another would definitely push someone out

Fletcher
Parrish
Allen
CJ2
Citizen
*Lyle
*Humphrey

We need more numbers at DB and Jackson would help there

Porter
Brown
Richard
Stafford
Freeney
*Mack
*Frederique

Safety needs help too

Riley
Harris
Williams
*Patterson
*Day
*Thomas

*True Freshman
Safety my biggest concern on the team right now.

Hopefully he just shows up to class and we all realize it’s already a done deal. You would think that the fact ZP wants him as a teammate counts some too.

Advertisement
I've come to the conclusion that him begging this much let's me know that he's lying about he and the staff leaving on good terms and he know he clearly fvcked us over with the timing of his transfer.

With that being said, Mario would be a **** fool to not give the kid another chance.

I've come to the conclusion that him begging this much let's me know that he's lying about he and the staff leaving on good terms and he know he clearly fvcked us over with the timing of his transfer.

With that being said, Mario would be a **** fool to not give the kid another chance.
I agree 100% on your first point but what kind of precedent are you setting if you give a kid like this another chance? Do we really want kids at positions of need backing out of their LOI knowing that our staff will probably take them back in a year?

Sometimes this isn’t black and white. It’s a numbers game. Spots are tight. We probably need a spot in the secondary for safety post spring.

Do you just take him because he is begging? What does that say to a Robert Stafford. A guy that came here, stuck with us, is developing and going to compete for a solid role. Now you bring in a kid that signed to come here, said **** you, went elsewhere. Now wants to come back. Not black and white to just say yea come back and compete with stafford for PT.

Would be different if it was a different kid from another school and recruiting history. But this is a kid the staff spent hours working hard to sign. He signed. And before he walked in wanted out.

I agree 100% on your first point but what kind of precedent are you setting if you give a kid like this another chance? Do we really want kids at positions of need backing out of their LOI knowing that our staff will probably take them back in a year?
I understand the concerning point you're making. I think we can't all look at every situation the same though. This was a 16yr old kid who was technically a JR in HS. He did commit to us but ended up choosing to follow some 😻😻😻. He actually has played very well and gained some much needed experience at a D1 level program and now wants to come back. Also kids on the team is vouching for him. It's not like he went somewhere and rode the bench all year. He actually produced. Crazy to say but he would actually be one of the more experienced (snaps wise) CBs on our team besides DP.

Advertisement
Back