Antione Jackson to UCF

Yes and I was one of those guys who didn’t think it was a big deal. If they don’t have a spot for a guy like this because of numbers then it’s certainly a big deal. I’m shocked he actually started. I don’t get that and to the rest of us it looks awful.

Currently, we are about 10 guys over 85. So this is not a "one scholarship" situation.

As for Cristobal playing in the bowl game, there may have been injury or disciplinary issues with other guys that came into play.

I know Mario well enough to know that he is ultra-competitive, did NOT want to lose to Schiano, and did NOT want to log the first-ever loss to Rutgers. He didn't play Lou just because Lou is his nephew.

Lou didn't call the stupid punt formation with FOUR guys on the line of scrimmage (and the center cannot be blocked or do any blocking) and TWO deep men, against SEVEN Rutgers players on the line.

Lou didn't fail to call a timeout on our final defensive stand.

Lou didn't fail to call a timeout on our final offensive scoring drive.

It is fair to be critical of Mario for the things he did or was responsible for. I'm not sure why the focus is on something completely different, even if the optics are not pleasing.

Advertisement
Now that Daniel Harris has decided to stay at UGA, we should see this move forward.
Yep, full steam ahead.

Snail GIF by MotoGP

Mario likely takes DB recruiting personal in '25. Hopefully we have more than 7 or 8 wins to sell. Idk if anyone in the world can keep selling false hope.
Yea typically a coach can't sell dreams during their third cycle (2nd full cycle). So very impressive he was able to do that.

But I don't know of any coaches that are able to do that on their 4th signing class (3rd full cycle) while accumulating bad records and putting up a bad product on the field.

Currently, we are about 10 guys over 85. So this is not a "one scholarship" situation.

As for Cristobal playing in the bowl game, there may have been injury or disciplinary issues with other guys that came into play.

I know Mario well enough to know that he is ultra-competitive, did NOT want to lose to Schiano, and did NOT want to log the first-ever loss to Rutgers. He didn't play Lou just because Lou is his nephew.

Lou didn't call the stupid punt formation with FOUR guys on the line of scrimmage (and the center cannot be blocked or do any blocking) and TWO deep men, against SEVEN Rutgers players on the line.

Lou didn't fail to call a timeout on our final defensive stand.

Lou didn't fail to call a timeout on our final offensive scoring drive.

It is fair to be critical of Mario for the things he did or was responsible for. I'm not sure why the focus is on something completely different, even if the optics are not pleasing.

Is Lou on scholarship?

My guess is the following players are gone to free up some space.

WR: redding, smith and maybe Kirk or one of those guys at the bottom

TE: does McCormick get his 20th yr granted? Arroyo?

OL: Zion(medically retired) Lou(if he is on a ship), Logan

DT: Gore, Moten maybe or Campbell

DE: don’t see any movement here

LB: has a lot of bodies but all young. Maybe 1 moves on after spring

CB: older brown? Not very deep and need to add here so not sure

S: Balom. Not very deep here and maybe need to add 1.

So I see around 11 here and that’s not counting if Jaccuri leaves.

Advertisement
Is Lou on scholarship?

All those would be easy and welcome departures but there will be a couple unexpected and painful too.

Yea typically a coach can't sell dreams during their third cycle (2nd full cycle). So very impressive he was able to do that.

But I don't know of any coaches that are able to do that on their 4th signing class (3rd full cycle) while accumulating bad records and putting up a bad product on the field.
Jimbo is the only one I can think of at TAnM

Advertisement
Is Lou on scholarship?

Not sure what’s going on with Chase Smith, but have to assume he could be a portal candidate at LB at this point

Advertisement
Not sure what’s going on with Chase Smith, but have to assume he could be a portal candidate at LB at this point
yeah after watching what we trotted out on defense in the bowel game my feeling is if you're a defensive player, you've been in the program for 2+ years, and you didn't get any burn in that game (and u weren't injured) there no hope for u here in the future

Maybe they are being careful about offering just yet? Similar to the Andre Sam situation last year?

Wouldnt that be different situation since he was released from his LOI. There wouldn't be tampering charges from an old coach like Sam.

Advertisement
Wouldnt that be different situation since he was released from his LOI. There wouldn't be tampering charges from an old coach like Sam.
I don’t know, that’s why I asked. Just trying to think of reason as to why we haven’t offered yet

Before I saw your post it popped in my head he is on the chopping block as well. Hate it cause I think talent is there it’s just injuries. Mario doesn’t have the luxury of time to wait and develop he needs a big year 3

Advertisement
Back