Antione Jackson to UCF

Currently, we are about 10 guys over 85. So this is not a "one scholarship" situation.

As for Cristobal playing in the bowl game, there may have been injury or disciplinary issues with other guys that came into play.

I know Mario well enough to know that he is ultra-competitive, did NOT want to lose to Schiano, and did NOT want to log the first-ever loss to Rutgers. He didn't play Lou just because Lou is his nephew.

Lou didn't call the stupid punt formation with FOUR guys on the line of scrimmage (and the center cannot be blocked or do any blocking) and TWO deep men, against SEVEN Rutgers players on the line.

Lou didn't fail to call a timeout on our final defensive stand.

Lou didn't fail to call a timeout on our final offensive scoring drive.

It is fair to be critical of Mario for the things he did or was responsible for. I'm not sure why the focus is on something completely different, even if the optics are not pleasing.
How is miami 10 guys over? Is there a list somewhere? I have tried to keep a little excel sheet over the years and I have miami currently at 90 guys including the 4 portal guys we acquired and all the freshmen coming in. I guess it's possible I missed 1 or 2 guys along the way...I still have jonathan denis listed on the team as well and some have mentioned he's gone

Advertisement
@Brooklyndee
With what? Me asking if you've looked at what our units have done since he's been here? Or with the fact that on paper we've improved each and every season(and significantly at that)? OK. Myself I disagree with the hypocritical nature of most people on here. But it's just their nature. No biggie.
We haven't improved each and every season. We improved last season.

Good one. You got me. You're so clever.

18k and counting useless posts. Congrats.

Your ***** to donations ratio is infinity to zero.
Fly Ant GIF by Black Conflux

Exactly what I said. Just look up the collegiate rankings of our units from when Mario arrived until now. In most categories there has been significant improvement. For the people who have played sports they know the last step in a process comes in wins and losses. Not a matter of two games cause I see that just as I saw last season. But in something meaningful. If not for Tyler's meltdown this season we in all likelihood win the acc and who knows where we go from there. Feel free to blame it on coaching. It's not accurate but I understand it's simply what our fan base does. I've always had discussions with past teammates where we all knew what it is to engage with fans. But seeing how yall are all talking year round about opposing coaches and never pointing out there issues(just like this weekends games as an example)people on here are saying how playoff games had elite coaching and creativity etc and I watched both those games and it just leaves me shaking my head. Michigan literally called an offense that consisted of everything you all bash Mario about including horrible clock management. The people called a timeout with 5 seconds left from their own 3 yardline IMMEDIATELY AFTER TAKING A KNEE. Washington continued to run the ball all the way until the clock expired when they should've taken a knee on several occasions. Sarkisian who for years I've watched yall talk about how amazing his play calling is, called the same exact route that never was even close to working on 3 of 4 plays as time expired from in the red zone to win a playoff game... I Could go on and on. None of this is in defense of Mario. He has his share of issues. Just don't point his out while worshipping others who do the same if not worse.
The Washington no kneel was amazing for Mario he probably cheered bc he’s now not the dumbest guy. Washington got lucky to win after that

Exactly what I said. Just look up the collegiate rankings of our units from when Mario arrived until now. In most categories there has been significant improvement. For the people who have played sports they know the last step in a process comes in wins and losses. Not a matter of two games cause I see that just as I saw last season. But in something meaningful. If not for Tyler's meltdown this season we in all likelihood win the acc and who knows where we go from there. Feel free to blame it on coaching. It's not accurate but I understand it's simply what our fan base does. I've always had discussions with past teammates where we all knew what it is to engage with fans. But seeing how yall are all talking year round about opposing coaches and never pointing out there issues(just like this weekends games as an example)people on here are saying how playoff games had elite coaching and creativity etc and I watched both those games and it just leaves me shaking my head. Michigan literally called an offense that consisted of everything you all bash Mario about including horrible clock management. The people called a timeout with 5 seconds left from their own 3 yardline IMMEDIATELY AFTER TAKING A KNEE. Washington continued to run the ball all the way until the clock expired when they should've taken a knee on several occasions. Sarkisian who for years I've watched yall talk about how amazing his play calling is, called the same exact route that never was even close to working on 3 of 4 plays as time expired from in the red zone to win a playoff game... I Could go on and on. None of this is in defense of Mario. He has his share of issues. Just don't point his out while worshipping others who do the same if not worse.
I also had some pretty similar thoughts when it came to play calling/coaching at times last night.... other coaches do it & nobody in here bats an eye.... especially if we called what Texas did in the last minute drive, particularly their endzone shots to win that were pretty abysmal imo... just throw like 3 jump balls and a half back dump pass for 0 yards lol.

Advertisement
Is Lou on scholarship?

My guess is the following players are gone to free up some space.

WR: redding, smith and maybe Kirk or one of those guys at the bottom

TE: does McCormick get his 20th yr granted? Arroyo?

OL: Zion(medically retired) Lou(if he is on a ship), Logan

DT: Gore, Moten maybe or Campbell

DE: don’t see any movement here

LB: has a lot of bodies but all young. Maybe 1 moves on after spring

CB: older brown? Not very deep and need to add here so not sure

S: Balom. Not very deep here and maybe need to add 1.

So I see around 11 here and that’s not counting if Jaccuri leaves.
Def think Redding, kirk, balom, sagapolu, Campbell, Gore should probably find other opportunities elsewhere to free up space. Also zion if he's clearly never gna play again should prob med retire. Really frustrating if mccormick comes back for a 9th yr bc u know **** well he'll find himself starting over arroyo, williams and lofton...

Advertisement
Why is the blame not on the coaches when Tyler clearly showed for 2 seasons prior he was inconsistent. Was having Emory Williams as the only alternative someone else's decision other than Mario?
You can't have your cake and eat it too. Yall have said over and over the reason yall love Lashley was how amazing Tyler looked under him etc . Now ur saying two years. You blamed gattis (when I'm saying u I mean most on here)for supposedly destroying our top pick qb season. Now Mario goes and gets a coordinator who wants to air it out,who Tyler was on board for and who spent all off season blaming gattis for having no freedom pre snap in audibles etc and now he has soon much confidence cause he has total freedom at the line to change into what he sees. He promptly responds by having a meltdown that goes on for 5 games where he went from being rated as a top 3 qb in the country to by the end of that span as having the most turnovers in the country and immediately the narrative starts about how uncomfortable he is pretty snap and he wants coaches to give him an exact directive just like he had previously regardless of what he said all offseason... you don't bother to mention how many teams in the country have legitimate depth in their qb rooms because then you'd have to mention not too many actually. So fine. Blame him for doing exactly what this fan base wanted and buying into the qb, this fan base has been so adamant is such a stud. To where any legit back up options wanted nothing to do with us cause those dudes want a chance to start immediately in this day and age. Well forget we had rashada on board because that's not convenient either. Won't even mention jaccurri who the other half of the fanbase was tugging along for. Personally I would've loved to have another back up and that end up costing us greatly. But it is what it is. The **** yall critique Mario for then critique other coaches for too. Did you turn around and chastise Satan for only having a qb that he knew was **** for his offense and no backups once Tyler left him at the alter? How boyt fspoo for no one but Travis when our own pathetic fanbase spent all season tugging Norvell nuts for that amazing offense etc. How did those back up options work for them? Call a spade a spade. That's all.

The Washington no kneel was amazing for Mario he probably cheered bc he’s now not the dumbest guy. Washington got lucky to win after that
That just became an emphasis because it was in a playoff game. However that same exact issue happens often week in and week out. It's actually considered a strategy (for some dumb *** reason)that some coaches employ. Anyone who feels that's a sound strategy and purposely takes that approach week in and week out I would certainly never want around. But it's done consistently. It's simply a matter of when miami does it then it becomes a national story.

Advertisement
U just sound dumb. The 3rd down if they kneel it there’s 10seconds left or less after the punt. Sit down please don’t speak on things u clearly don’t undertsnad
Not only is there only 10 seconds at best left, but they are also deep into their own half of the field with that ten seconds or less. Not the exact opposite, of in Washington's red zone with **** near 30 seconds left and a real chance to win the game against a pretty ****** Washington secondary. Honestly if Sarkisian was anywhere near the play caller our fanbase has chose to label him as in those exact circumstances he gets the win 9 out of 10 times.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Yall have said over and over the reason yall love Lashley was how amazing Tyler looked under him etc . Now ur saying two years. You blamed gattis (when I'm saying u I mean most on here)for supposedly destroying our top pick qb season. Now Mario goes and gets a coordinator who wants to air it out,who Tyler was on board for and who spent all off season blaming gattis for having no freedom pre snap in audibles etc and now he has soon much confidence cause he has total freedom at the line to change into what he sees. He promptly responds by having a meltdown that goes on for 5 games where he went from being rated as a top 3 qb in the country to by the end of that span as having the most turnovers in the country and immediately the narrative starts about how uncomfortable he is pretty snap and he wants coaches to give him an exact directive just like he had previously regardless of what he said all offseason... you don't bother to mention how many teams in the country have legitimate depth in their qb rooms because then you'd have to mention not too many actually. So fine. Blame him for doing exactly what this fan base wanted and buying into the qb, this fan base has been so adamant is such a stud. To where any legit back up options wanted nothing to do with us cause those dudes want a chance to start immediately in this day and age. Well forget we had rashada on board because that's not convenient either. Won't even mention jaccurri who the other half of the fanbase was tugging along for. Personally I would've loved to have another back up and that end up costing us greatly. But it is what it is. The **** yall critique Mario for then critique other coaches for too. Did you turn around and chastise Satan for only having a qb that he knew was **** for his offense and no backups once Tyler left him at the alter? How boyt fspoo for no one but Travis when our own pathetic fanbase spent all season tugging Norvell nuts for that amazing offense etc. How did those back up options work for them? Call a spade a spade. That's all.
Imma be honest, this reads like you have no idea what I've ever posted. I am about as far from a Lashlee supporter as it gets. I also was criticsl of everything you stated namely because even with Lashlee, Tyler still had multiple stinkers. I think your post is more aimed at CIS than anything I've ever said. But to address the Alabamy and fsu portion.

Saban has added blue chip after blue chip to the roster at QB, and I have no idea why he brought Tommy Rees in to steer the ship.
I think he is an absolute idiot for that tbh. fsu is different because, unlike Miami, they were bringing back a proven commodity. I hate fsu to my core, but I think it's reasonable to see drop-off w/o Heisman candidate QB. Even though I think Travis is overrated and won't be drafted in the NFL.

We were a year behind at QB to start the year because Garcia (yes he is ***) would have been the backup and we didn't fill that gap. We should have had a legitimate backup option because our QB showed a tendency to get hurt physically and mentally. I do not think the other teams you listed were in that predicament.

Advertisement
U just sound dumb. The 3rd down if they kneel it there’s 10seconds left or less after the punt. Sit down please don’t speak on things u clearly don’t undertsnad
This is the difference between winning and losing. If he lost the uproar over that would’ve been awful. But since he won the real problem with his game management was the throwing to stop the clock before the FG. If he ran the ball and Texas uses their second TO, he could’ve taken knees and not even thought to run it that drive.

There’s also a big difference in running it when you can’t run it out and running it when you can run the clock out. The real issue with Mario is that he was in that situation and had it backfire and then still made a worse call later in his career.

Imma be honest, this reads like you have no idea what I've ever posted. I am about as far from a Lashlee supporter as it gets. I also was criticsl of everything you stated namely because even with Lashlee, Tyler still had multiple stinkers. I think your post is more aimed at CIS than anything I've ever said. But to address the Alabamy and fsu portion.

Saban has added blue chip after blue chip to the roster at QB, and I have no idea why he brought Tommy Rees in to steer the ship.
I think he is an absolute idiot for that tbh. fsu is different because, unlike Miami, they were bringing back a proven commodity. I hate fsu to my core, but I think it's reasonable to see drop-off w/o Heisman candidate QB. Even though I think Travis is overrated and won't be drafted in the NFL.

We were a year behind at QB to start the year because Garcia (yes he is ***) would have been the backup and we didn't fill that gap. We should have had a legitimate backup option because our QB showed a tendency to get hurt physically and mentally. I do not think the other teams you listed were in that predicament.
Georgia disagrees.

Advertisement
Back