Antione Jackson ECU?

Oh for sure on the mountains there. I lived in Banner Elk and would live there tomorrow if not for my Wife. I literally feel home when I'm in the mountains. I have such anticipation going and a true sadness when leaving. Even just driving through, it's a highlight if whatever trip, tournament, or vacation we're going on.

We had a football tournament with teams from all over early November in Gatlinburg. We rented a home with a pool in it that fit the mountain vibe solitude aspects I like, but Gatlinburg was the exact opposite of what I look for in the mountains. It was like what Myrtle Beach is to beach towns, but on the edge of the mountains. Never again, but the house was amazing. We took her parents who honeymooned there 40 or 50 years ago and it was disappointing them the change.
We get our firewood most years in Banner Elk. Head east a few miles on 194 about halfway to Valle Crucis and hang a left and head up the mountain - and you'll fine me every fall! A clearing bordered two sides by a creek, grazed by horses, surrounded by the darkest nights and the calmest days. I LOVE that place.

Advertisement
Yeah Gradys is closer to Goldsboro, I mixed that up. I'm 3 St Bernardus Christmas ales deep currently. If you're that far east go ahead and make the drive to Skylight Inn in Ayden.

GT Pro Performer...classic 80s freestyler. Blue or pink version?
Skylight is certainly a respectable joint - great grub all day long!

Ashamed to admit by the time I could afford (from my 'paper-route') a Performer it was a 990's chrome frame with black rims; no slouch but nothing Cru Jones would be caught riding!

gets in a college weight room a year early, but I agree. I think it’s horrible idea to miss senior year of high school.
All depends on the kid but he should’ve enjoyed his full process. This is alot to deal with for regular seniors so speeding it up could make it even more tougher

All depends on the kid but he should’ve enjoyed his full process. This is alot to deal with for regular seniors so speeding it up could make it even more tougher
Kids should always take all their years in high school, enjoy high school. Also it’s a competitive advantage to be older in college because you body needs time to develop more.

Advertisement
We get our firewood most years in Banner Elk. Head east a few miles on 194 about halfway to Valle Crucis and hang a left and head up the mountain - and you'll fine me every fall! A clearing bordered two sides by a creek, grazed by horses, surrounded by the darkest nights and the calmest days. I LOVE that place.

Where Sheer Bliss rock shop used to be (Doris owned it and she used to walk 4 miles from that spot for school down and then up home) and possibly still is? Where it flattens out and then heads downhill into Valle Crucis?

We used to live past where Banner Elk Hardware was, first road left past the Dollar General which wasn't there at the time.

Generally stay on Beech. Favorite place was one of the stilt houses at the top, but been in a few others. Spent most of a week there the summer prior to this one before heading over to Raleigh then to Buxton.

Love the area! Pretty much hiked every trail there is, skied everything, backcountry and slopes, and even launched off of Elk River falls. It was a glorious place to live.

I give Greenville grief but it's now my home. I used to hate it, but it's certainly grown on me. Great location between the beach and mountains as well.
My parents are almost done building a house in Grier and I’ve been thinking about getting a condo downtown for when I come visit. I like what they’ve done with the downtown area. I also live in bum**** Clover, SC so there’s that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back