Anthony McFarland's Recruitment

Obviously a long way to go but could his shadiness have been the pivot point of the program? South Florida was always going to be loaded in 2018, but let's say McFarland signs here as many expected he was going to. Does Lingard commit right after signing day? He's obviously been the ambassador of this class and a huge reason why our momentum is where it is right now. Crazy to think how player's recruitment has created such a domino effect.

Advertisement
Not sure it affected anything. Every top program recruits top players every year.

Who knows if Lingard commits. I do think you are giving Lingard a little too much credit for the current class. He may have helped some but the coaches have done a ton of leg work to line up all of these kids. The momentum is strong and Lingard is just one big piece but there are other pieces that all add up to even more momentum...

Obviously a long way to go but could his shadiness have been the pivot point of the program? South Florida was always going to be loaded in 2018, but let's say McFarland signs here as many expected he was going to. Does Lingard commit right after signing day? He's obviously been the ambassador of this class and a huge reason why our momentum is where it is right now. Crazy to think how player's recruitment has created such a domino effect.

Lingard isn't afraid of no man that wears a thrift store weave...

Lingard commitment perception wise definitely had a impact. Top recruits want to play with top recruits

Advertisement
Whoopi Goldberg had nothing to do with Lingard. Just another bytch with his hand out.

Advertisement
Lingard commitment perception wise definitely had a impact. Top recruits want to play with top recruits

Then by this logic, McFarland's enrollment at UM should have had a positive impact. Regardless, we would be in a better spot if he didn't flake out. But I like our pair of commits this cycle, and hopefully depth isn't too much of an issue this upcoming season.

Advertisement
Sorry i've never heard of a RB from Maryland. Next question.

Only one I know of I actually hung out with a couple of times as I knew his Agent's brother and have friends that went to high school with him - Paul boo boo Palmer, former 1st round pick out of Temple in the 80's. Didn't do anything in the pros. I think Christian Okoye overshadowed him, IIRC.

Who knows if Lingard commits. I do think you are giving Lingard a little too much credit for the current class. He may have helped some but the coaches have done a ton of leg work to line up all of these kids. The momentum is strong and Lingard is just one big piece but there are other pieces that all add up to even more momentum...

What???? YES,.. The coaches been working the a$$ off,... But,.. You can't have a shootout if nobody pulls the trigger!! Lo pulled the trigger,.. And by athleticism,.. Lets say he's a cannon!! He set the bar,.. The tone,.. The atmosphere,.. Lets not discredit the opinion of this class, and how it began to season with him,..and some of the others who've come after.

Advertisement
I don't think Lingard would've cared. Walton's not going to be in the backfield next year which is when Lingard arrives. Lingard would've crapped on McFarland. Cam Davis may have been the one to take a look at, but again, he's pretty **** good himself and probably would've just been battling with Homer for carries. Lingard will likely be top dog next year. So no, I don't think McFarland not coming here got us Lingard. Although I'm sure Tweed could put me in my place given his obvious relation.

Advertisement
Back