Anthony Chickillo v. Jadaveon Clowney

I feel like Chick has the motor and work ethic to work his way into a 1st round pick. Clowney on the other hand will have to work his way out of the first round. Kid has that Julius Peppers like explosiveness and ability to rush the passer.

Advertisement
Chick seems to have that wall that freshmen sometimes do. Happened to Spence his 1st year. Againt UVA and Duke, he just hasn;t been as productive. Not making the plays he did earlier. If we ever get a real S&C program, he could be one of the best,

Hard to believe that Golden is a huge S&C guy yet he shacks up with a failure like swasey. Something doesn't make sense. Either swasey knows what he's doing or Golden is an idiot.

Hard to believe that Golden is a huge S&C guy yet he shacks up with a failure like swasey. Something doesn't make sense. Either swasey knows what he's doing or Golden is an idiot.
All NFLers returning every summer to workout with Swasey>You

Advertisement
All NFLers returning every summer to workout with Swasey>You

True, but to be fair, these guys come back for fine tuning their already NFL-type bodies. They certainly don't come back to get bigger and stronger. Look at Vilma. Dude got bigger in 1 year in the NFL than his 4 years at UM.

Swasey has his formula, but making big, strong,college players isn't one of them.

Advertisement
Swasey sucks ***. Hopefully Golden has taken over the program and we see some real improvement next year.

Advertisement
new OL coach? interesting. we've only given up 12 sacks this year and we have our first 1000 yd bck since 03 or whatever. why do we need a new OL coach? explain that please.

I think guys like Ricardo Williams will eventually be nice complements to Chick. Chick doesn't strike me as a three and out player. He doesn't have that kind of explosion. By the time he's a senior, he should be built like a beast.

Speaking of ricardo, have you seen him on the sidelines? Dude looks to be legit 230+ now. He could be on pace to start his RS FR campaign over 240. If he keeps his explosiveness? Kid will be a player.

Obviously I haven't seen as much with Clowney as Chick but I have noticed that Chick does a better job consistantly following the play downfield and playing the run that way.

I could be wrong but Clowney has been all or nothing when I have watched him. He is a terror, don't get me wrong, but even when Chick gets stood up he sticks with the play and many times has made tackles down the field.

It's the motor that Chick has the edge in, for the time being anyway.

Advertisement
would rather have Clowney though.

the simple fact that he's a game changing sack at any moment makes him more valuable.

but love Chickilo

The stats might be somewhat close, but there is just no comparison. Clowney is an animal, Chick is good, but he is not at that level.

Chickillo would have been a different player without the bad weight. Unfortunate circumstances because the kid looked nice his first year. Imagine if Chick had come in with Coach Kul....boy would've been nasty.

Advertisement
Back