Anthlon Sports "Very Early Top 25"

Miami should be ranked higher and although fsu loses cook, they return virtually everyone else

FSU loses more than Cook. They lose Walker (imo their best player), possibly Roderick Johnson (best lineman on an already shaky OL), and Rudolph.

They got some pieces still, but a lot of their band aids are gone.

A team that returns 19 starters and beat a "great" Michigan team is gonna get hyped.

Derwin James also comes back after missing all season, he's a top 10 pick. That's a big band aid.

Barely beat a "great" Michigan team whose QB sucks and were missing a Heisman finalist on Defense.

Derwin James is no game changer like Walker is/was despite the hype.

They are a pre season Top 10 team, but no higher than 6 imo. But Cook, Johnson, and Walker are seismic losses.

Advertisement
I think people will double down on teams like fsu and nd. They didn't live up to expectations this year, but nobody is ready to believe that they just aren't that good. Add tennesse and florida to that list.

I think people will double down on teams like fsu and nd. They didn't live up to expectations this year, but nobody is ready to believe that they just aren't that good. Add tennesse and florida to that list.

Florida has no offense, and haven't had one for years.

OSU was very young this year and they still made the playoff, they're gonna be even better next year. #2 is perfectly reasonable.

Notre Dame being ranked is laughable.

Aren't a lot of those r-Sophs for Ohio going pro?

they lose 3 1st round picks in their secondary - malik hooker (top15 pick), gareon conley (top 20 pick), and marshon lattimore (top 32 pick).
they lose a 2nd round linebacker in mcmillan. and id bet they also have a wr and maybe a ol/dl or two going.

Y'all are delusional thinking we should be ranked that high with a huge question mark at QB along with only having 1 WR who is worth anything thus far.

Our O-Line is still ***. Everyone is getting their hopes up and it's going to be a rocky 2017.

lol

oline is a joke
qb is a huge question mark
wr's are a question mark
secondary is brand new

but yah, we're "top 20"..

why? uf will almost definetly rank in the top 20, and not only do they not have nearly as much talent on offense, they have consistently shown absolutely no ability to play offense at an fbs level. yet they rank top 20 every year....why? because of their defence.

well i can tell you our defense is going to be legit as **** next year. our front 7 is going to wreck teams. we will return basically 2 starter at db in jaquan and young. and if we get dean he starts.
and our wrs are not a question mark at all, we lose 1 starter in coley. and in his place we get Cager back from injury after he was starting last offseason, and dionte mullins is a year more developed. plus Berrios and a freshamn all american wr in richards. Wr wont be a problem next year.
OL is obviously a problem, but actually every qb we could replace brad with is more athletic and will be better at moving around which will greatly help. but our ol almost cant get worse than last year, we return most of them and get our starting rt back from injury. Plus we have some good recruits coming in for depth/ potential starting roles (donaldson) AND george brown can play now.

Advertisement
Miami ain't gotz a starting QB right now. Where da fawk they gonna be pre-season ranked?

for the qb guys, does florida have one?

There are about six teams on there that makes you smh that's above us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Athlon sounds like the name of a worthless health insurance plan that targets senior citizens and the poor already covered by Medicare/Medicaid. Their ads air in the afternoon between spots targeting single mothers to go back to "school" to become dental assistants at their local sham for-profit "university".

Radio I listen to has mostly help ads for people in IRS trouble.

Or, are you talking about TV? I have no idea what's on TV anymore during the day. I figure Ellen, the View, maybe the one or two remaining soap operas...I don't know what else.

I hate TV. in the old days, this late at night you could at least see some old movies. Now, it's lengthy ads for some chop-o-matic device or some electronic exercise belt for abs, or whatever. Heck, I don't know even know. I never watch anymore. At least in NYC when I was there you could see some naked women now and then, like on Robyn Bird reruns, or some other show. I couldn't stand it when they put on the male naked dancers. I hated that.

Now what were we talking about? Forgot the topic.

Y'all are delusional thinking we should be ranked that high with a huge question mark at QB along with only having 1 WR who is worth anything thus far.

Our O-Line is still ***. Everyone is getting their hopes up and it's going to be a rocky 2017.

lol

oline is a joke
qb is a huge question mark
wr's are a question mark
secondary is brand new

but yah, we're "top 20"..

why? uf will almost definetly rank in the top 20, and not only do they not have nearly as much talent on offense, they have consistently shown absolutely no ability to play offense at an fbs level. yet they rank top 20 every year....why? because of their defence.

well i can tell you our defense is going to be legit as **** next year. our front 7 is going to wreck teams. we will return basically 2 starter at db in jaquan and young. and if we get dean he starts.
and our wrs are not a question mark at all, we lose 1 starter in coley. and in his place we get Cager back from injury after he was starting last offseason, and dionte mullins is a year more developed. plus Berrios and a freshamn all american wr in richards. Wr wont be a problem next year.
OL is obviously a problem, but actually every qb we could replace brad with is more athletic and will be better at moving around which will greatly help. but our ol almost cant get worse than last year, we return most of them and get our starting rt back from injury. Plus we have some good recruits coming in for depth/ potential starting roles (donaldson) AND george brown can play now.

Is Mulliins fast or a possession receiver?

Athlon is a rag. Want proof? In the Athlon college football 2001 preseason rankings they had us UM at #9 . Yep #9 ! Case closed.

Advertisement
I expect a lot of the preseason "prognosticators" to make a big deal out of Kaaya not coming back. He's literally the only thing the national media knows about Miami football besides Mark Richt being the coach now.

Don't we go through this every year? We went through "the press gives us no respect" at the start of this year too.

Until we start winning some meaningful games, I can't find reasons why the press would respect us. We've got to start winning some meaningful games to earn that respect.

Don't we go through this every year? We went through "the press gives us no respect" at the start of this year too.

Until we start winning some meaningful games, I can't find reasons why the press would respect us. We've got to start winning some meaningful games to earn that respect.

Uhhh....Miami whooped West Virginia in the bowl game. Press still has West Virginia ahead of Miami in preseason ranking.

Advertisement
It would have been reasonable to leave us out of the rankings entirely, given that we have no idea who is going to handle the most important position on the field. And the contenders are unproven at best.

Exacerbating the QB issue, OL was atrocious this year and there's little evidence that's going to change overnight. aren't we penciling in a true freshman? the guy is an awesome prospect, but starting a true freshman on the OL typically leads to problems.

Our defensive front 7 will be phenomenal. But you need more than that to win consistently.

I'm looking at the teams from 13-24 and I don't see a single one that doesn't have bigger question marks and issues than Miami does. Who's playing quarterback for Tennessee? Who's playing any offensive position for FLorida? Who's playing defense/quarterback/offensive line at Oregon? Who's Notre Dame's quarterback. It's college football, teams lose players every year.

Advertisement
Back