Another Walk On

Swasey was telling me about this kid when he visited with butch in the beginining of the year said he is really athletic and strong. I think he said some weird stuff went down during his high school career that's why he had to walk on and not get any offers he didn't elaborate though. But don't excpect him to just be a body on the scout team.

Advertisement
Anyone seen him play in person? Either way I like what someone said earlier about having 5 QBs...1 on scout, 1 redshirt potentially, and 3 on the active roster.

This is free money. He's a Mid level scholarship player that is WALKING ON. I'd like to thank the kid and his family and welcome them back to the U.

His tape is impressive but it doesn't make sense that he is seen as a Mid level player but has zero offers. Do people in college football hate butch davis that much that his kid can't get a full ride somewhere?

It's very hard for QB's to get offered. Many programs want to see any non-stud kid up close and personal. If you skip campus camps that summer between your junior and senior year, you are going to STRUGGLE getting an offer. Last year I was helping a 6'6", 225 pound QB get a D1 offer. He had none after the season ended. He finally lit it up in an All-star game and got an offer. Gray Crow would have been a walk-on without a Miami offer.

This kid looks like he is around 6' to 6'1...has quite the windup when throwing it any distance. Arm strength is average. That is a HORRIBLE, HORRRRRRIBLE first clip to put in a highlight due to the 3.56543 second release. That makes QB gurus throw ****. That was like a fuggin slingshot or catapult.

I would say walk-on is about right. There are higher upside guys out there.

I like this pickup though. This will give 6 QB's for 2012 and 2013 (although I bet you Crow/Dewey leaves)...the more competition the better.

Advertisement
He comitted pretty early. He's listed at #141 for 2012 QB's with no offers other than UNC. Those kids generaly end up at directional schools or prominent 1-AA schools.

Advertisement
Nice addition, gives us another player for the scout team and as Bomb alluded to this is a kid with some talent that is paying his own way.

Not For nothing but he has some athleticism. This seems like Buck Ortega all over again... which isn't a bad outcome at all!!!

JC

Advertisement
I guarantee, since the kid is paying his own way - could have gone to school anywhere in the nation - and entered as a walk-on.

I guarantee, his dad had a bit of say in where he went to school. I like to think that Butch wanted his son playing not just for the U, but under Golden.

Which is quite a feather in Golden's cap.

Golden is the quite a man. Hope that translates into good coaching.

Advertisement
This is free money. He's a Mid level scholarship player that is WALKING ON. I'd like to thank the kid and his family and welcome them back to the U.

His tape is impressive but it doesn't make sense that he is seen as a Mid level player but has zero offers. Do people in college football hate butch davis that much that his kid can't get a full ride somewhere?

It's very hard for QB's to get offered. Many programs want to see any non-stud kid up close and personal. If you skip campus camps that summer between your junior and senior year, you are going to STRUGGLE getting an offer. Last year I was helping a 6'6", 225 pound QB get a D1 offer. He had none after the season ended. He finally lit it up in an All-star game and got an offer. Gray Crow would have been a walk-on without a Miami offer.

This kid looks like he is around 6' to 6'1...has quite the windup when throwing it any distance. Arm strength is average. That is a HORRIBLE, HORRRRRRIBLE first clip to put in a highlight due to the 3.56543 second release. That makes QB gurus throw ****. That was like a fuggin slingshot or catapult.

I would say walk-on is about right. There are higher upside guys out there.

I like this pickup though. This will give 6 QB's for 2012 and 2013 (although I bet you Crow/Dewey leaves)...the more competition the better.

Not an expert so I did not want to criticize but that was the first thing I noticed.

He's probably a D1AA or DII kid that wanted to play for the big leagues.

As long he's better than Spencer Whipple, I'm happy. I'd rather see Jake Byrne and Bosher's homie Matt Perrelli start than ever see Spencer Whipple at Miami again.

Advertisement
Back