Another TE offer: Kyle Chung

Advertisement
Like Kerr, the majority of his highlights are him blocking. Wouldn't be surprised if one ends up a tackle and the other just a big blocking TE basically used as an extra OL.

The way "I believe AG is recruiting" he may want his OT's to be very athletic, he wants his bulky guys in the middle.

The way I see it is Dobbard is our natural TE, Kerr will be an OT, T. Johnson will be TE/WR/H-back, and Chung will play a role (more blocking than catching). Thats if he accepts the offer... It will go to show you AG may still be looking for another TE. The man has a plan!

Last edited:
Advertisement
We dont need anymore TE's, IMO. 3 is a quality haul.

Al knows what hes doing. He wouldnt blindly take 4 TE's in this small class and just hope one or 2 of the 4 pan out. Thats a Randall Shannon move all day long. Even if we were to get Chung, expect only 2 TE's in this class that will stick at TE.

Advertisement
He looks like a kid who projects at an OL position to me. So what I think Golden is thinking is "lets go recruit some OL who can help us win" since you asked.

Actually 3 is one too many - 2 is a quality haul. Move Kerr to OT or replace him with an OL prospect.

Kyle is the son of Eugene Chung, a VT grad and an NFL OT. If son follows father's footsteps, he could grow into an OT.

Actually 3 is one too many - 2 is a quality haul. Move Kerr to OT or replace him with an OL prospect.

Kyle is the son of Eugene Chung, a VT grad and an NFL OT. If son follows father's footsteps, he could grow into an OT.

You keep harping on this, but we didn't take ANY TE last year. So 3 this year is only 1.5 a year for 2 years. And many of those guys you keep repeating are mostly dead weight or are leaving soon.

TE's are VERY important. You have 2 TE's sets, H-backs (which is what Johnson projects to BTW), special teams.... I wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment.

Future OG. Being recruited by UM staff as such. TE is not in his future. He is not all VTech. That's silly.

Advertisement
"According to ITU, Miami offered Kyle Chung. Going deep for those OL options now. This makes missing on Avery Young last year more glaring."

Kids a future Ol. iMO thats clear. Kerr might be.

Dobard and TJ are a nice pair given different qualities.

"According to ITU, Miami offered Kyle Chung. Going deep for those OL options now. This makes missing on Avery Young last year more glaring."

Dont see any reason to bring up young other than to whine. We can and should miss on guys every year. Otherwise we're not aiming high enough. You still gotta go out and recruit next cycle.

Advertisement
The conversions to OL make sense, with Kirkland being the only other true OL prospect I know of that we're recruiting.

Also makes sense that the NJ kid from the Hun School got offered.

Dont see any reason to bring up young other than to whine. We can and should miss on guys every year. Otherwise we're not aiming high enough. You still gotta go out and recruit next cycle.

It was a quote from Joe Garcia ‏@Jr9_TR on Twitter. I am not complaining, 2012 class was outstanding given 6-6 and looming sanctions, I love how Golden recruits. There will always be those "almost" recuits

Advertisement
Back