Another 'ship opens up -- R. Buchanon not returning

Advertisement
You may recall, most on the board were thrilled with the "swap" of buchanon for the supposedly less talented lerentee mccray. Just illustrates what an inexact science recruiting, and more specifically projecting how a player develops, really is, particularly when you take injuries into consideration.

Advertisement
On some level I thought he'd be back, but can't fault him for moving on. Best of luck to him, just ran into some back luck.

Advertisement
Why would anyone think he would or could return? He's had his 5 years. No reason for the school to bring him back at all.

This doesn't free up a ship. RB just won't take one away from someone else as he was a RdSR and expected to leave.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wonder if Golden suggested he head out the door.

I'm disappointed. Honestly felt like he would be a contributor in 2013. If it was his decision to bounce to the NFL, really dumb move. He was looking good at the beginning of this season, before the injury.

Either way, best of luck to him.

I was on the Buchanons band wagon coming into this season, the guy was promising before his injuries. But don't kid yourself, Golden and Co. were already past him, and Matt Thomas and the new Figs will fill in just fine.

The cookie crumbles comment was...well...crumby.

If everyone is convinced he was shown the door, why the comment about UM going out of their way to explain to him that he's got a pretty good shot to get a 6th year of eligibility?

"But UM said this evening that it will reach out to Buchanan again to make sure he knows that he has a good chance to get a sixth year at UM, from an NCAA compliance standpoint, if he chooses."

Wouldn't they just let him leave if they wanted another scholarship open?

Advertisement
Back