Another 'ship opens up -- R. Buchanon not returning

Advertisement
Wonder if he was told to go.

Shaky kid who can't stay healthy for a 6th year... or getting another body in for the next 4-5 years to add one to your possibly probation addled roster.

Good luck to the young man. Now get another young baller in here to replace him who will contribute for 4 years.

Advertisement
What a disappointing career. Too bad. I was hoping to see him back one more year but mainly just because I wanted to see him stay healthy and if nothing else, help out this young talent we have at LB.

Someone else needs to get on this team with the nickname 'cookie' so I can use this gif in recaps:

tumblr_me0n9zL9o21rjhbn2o1_400.jpg

Too bad. One of the few 'recommits' over the past few years, and from the Gators no less. Kid just never could get a break from the injury bug.

Coulda really used his experience this year as opposed to some of the major burn that players like Armbrister got. Hope people don't overlook how thin we were at LB at certain points this year, and how it could've impacted a game like the Virginia loss.

Advertisement
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ege-season-leaves-for-pros.html#storylink=cpy

UM football starter decides not to pursue another college season, leaves for pros

Starting linebacker Ramon Buchanan has informed UM that he will not seek a sixth year medical redshirt and has decided to pursue an NFL career.

Buchanan suffered a season-ending knee injury in the second game of the season. Because he missed most of the 2011 season with an injury to the same knee, there had been hope that UM would grant him a sixth season.

But Buchanan has decided to move on, which UM confirmed.

UM still feels like it's in good shape at linebacker, with Denzel Perryman, Eddie Johnson and several others.

I wonder if Golden suggested he head out the door.

I'm disappointed. Honestly felt like he would be a contributor in 2013. If it was his decision to bounce to the NFL, really dumb move. He was looking good at the beginning of this season, before the injury.

Either way, best of luck to him.

Advertisement
Wonder if he was told to go.

Shaky kid who can't stay healthy for a 6th year... or getting another body in for the next 4-5 years to add one to your possibly probation addled roster.

Would bet money this is what happened. Do you try to eke out one year with him, or take a RR or Coley?

Advertisement
I wonder if Golden suggested he head out the door.

I'm disappointed. Honestly felt like he would be a contributor in 2013. If it was his decision to bounce to the NFL, really dumb move. He was looking good at the beginning of this season, before the injury.

Either way, best of luck to him.

More than likely it was EJ!

Advertisement
Back