Another Potential Missed Call

I never complain about refs, I think it’s the biggest sucker/victim mentality thing to do. Check my comment history

With that said. That was by far the worst officiated game I have ever seen. I can’t understand what the refs were looking at. Very suspect. Reminds me of the patriots vs ravens game with the replacement refs when they called the GW FG good when it clearly wasn’t
You might want to re-read your porst friend.

Advertisement
I never complain about refs, I think it’s the biggest sucker/victim mentality thing to do. Check my comment history

With that said. That was by far the worst officiated game I have ever seen. I can’t understand what the refs were looking at. Very suspect. Reminds me of the patriots vs ravens game with the replacement refs when they called the GW FG good when it clearly wasn’t
10000%. Very few instances can I recall it directly impacting the outcome of a game, us in the 2003 title game and UGA vs Bama in 2019 come to mind. But in a game with 100+ plays there’s a multitude of reasons for losing or winning a game.

Personally I believe sports leagues have a vested interest in outcomes going a certain way. Obviously Mario is the reason for the loss on Saturday. I’ve just spent my entire life watching sports, and it’s very clear games are called to benefit the leagues they are in. Regardless of pro or amateur.

Just playing this through in my end because I am a *********….

If he has been ruled down on the replay. Does GT just trot out and have a play with two seconds left? Or is there a run off? What’s the rule there? If they had time, they may have very well kicked the 3 and sent it into OT.
In pro ball there’s a five second run off. Which would’ve ended the game since GT had no TOs. Not sure if CFB is the same but I’d imagine it is.

Advertisement
Funny thing is the entire sports world would be losing their **** had the officials called him down, but Miami getting boned over the phantom fumble garners nary a word.

Back in 1981, we had a very good team who lost at Texas and Mississippi State to phantom calls called against
touchdown passes. It's been happening for years.
Yeah... maybe it bothers them that we have a U rather than an M on our helmets. We would have been better off with this on our helmets.
1a3q.jpg

In pro ball there’s a five second run off. Which would’ve ended the game since GT had no TOs. Not sure if CFB is the same but I’d imagine it is.
Clock stops on a first down, so don’t thinks there’s a runoff in college. I believe clock would start on the refs whistle

What's funny is that NOBODY outside of us talks about any of this stuff. It's like none of it happened. They'd rather **** on us (rather deserved) to even bother with facts. Yeah yeah we kneel and none of this matters, but quite frankly yes it does. I hate this league. And I hate espn
I actually did hear some national media types say it looked like he was down, but that aside... of course no one else is talking about the missed calls. They are not invested in it like us and it is a relatively meaningless game and both of those things only happened after Mario/Dawson made an incredibly dumb decision that was justifiably mocked.

If this was undefeated Miami vs undefeated FSU in November or a playoff game, etc, there would be more talk about whether Cheney was down and if the WR should have been, but they would still mostly be talking about how dumb decision to no kneel was (and deservedly so). I guarantee you that they would be doing the same thing no matter who the team/coach was if they were a top 25 school.

Advertisement
Advertisement
if the NCAA is able to vacate wins, titles, and awards why can’t they vacate that loss on the Chaney non-fumble. He is down by contact. The clock would run out and game over. It’s not like it happened in the 3rd quarter. It happened on what should have been the last play of the game. The play was reviewed and incorrectly left to stand. I’m sure they won’t but I’m curious as to the justification as to letting it stand even after the game has been completed.

What's funny is that NOBODY outside of us talks about any of this stuff. It's like none of it happened. They'd rather **** on us (rather deserved) to even bother with facts. Yeah yeah we kneel and none of this matters, but quite frankly yes it does. I hate this league. And I hate espn
Most of the pundits & shît heads yapping didn’t even watch the game.

Simply people desperately afraid of Miami regaining its prominence in CFB after our fall from grace in 2002.

This includes “ officials “ who are also secretly fans far before they were paid “ unbiased “ judges.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So if he was ruled down there would be 1 or 2 seconds left? Game is pretty much over right?

There were several questionable calls that went against Miami but ya can't cry over spilled milk

Blow out whoever is in front of you at this point..

I think refs have to stop the clock because it was a first down inside of 2 minutes. So they would have had time for one play.

If they decided to spike the ball they could’ve had the field goal team in for the tie or gone for winning td.

But that would’ve been cutting it very close and would’ve probably run out of time.

They might have had to go for the td after ref set the ball and wound clock.

I think refs have to stop the clock because it was a first down inside of 2 minutes. So they would have had time for one play.

If they decided to spike the ball they could’ve had the field goal team in for the tie or gone for winning td.

But that would’ve been cutting it very close and would’ve probably run out of time.

They might have had to go for the td after ref set the ball and wound clock.
If they went for the spike then the game is over. They would have went for one more play and maybe try to catch Miami offsides.

Advertisement
Back