Another Mark Walton arrest video

As I've already said, you wouldn't diagnose CTE (or any other neurological condition) on one behavioral event. Behavior is just one of the factors you would consider when making a diagnosis and, even then, the behavior would need to occur consistently and somewhat regularly (as is the case with Mark).

Listen dude, I'm not really arguing about whether or not CTE is "a possibility" or whether it's "highly likely." On this point, I think we can agree to disagree. It's semantics. The people who I'm arguing with on here are the CTE deniers, the ones who categorically deny that CTE is even a possibility.

I'm not trying to be dismissive of CTE or any mental problems. It sounds like you know what you're talking about, and at the very least you know a **** of a lot more than me about this stuff.

What I'd say is - just as you're saying people shouldn't be dismissive of CTE/Mental issues - you probably shouldn't dismiss the possibility of those NOT being an issue.

His brain might be wired just fine - and he might just be having some maturity issues, going through some tough times, and is making bad decisions. Which given all that's happened in his life is totally understandable, but also not an excuse for his actions.

I've said this before - but all these posts are "what's wrong with Mark, I hope Mark gets help, I hope Mark doesn't hurt himself". I definitely feel that way too.

But what sadly gets lost in all that is the physical harm Mark has already done and could potentially do again to other people - like beating up his girlfriend (domestic violence is just as serious as mental illness), and knocking out his Cousin. What if he does something worse next time?

Last edited:
Advertisement
and what issues did Ray have??...because he hid a bloody shirt??....Ray and his entourage didn't start that fight...the other azzwipes did...
Caneinorlando knows this because he was in the limo kicking it with his boi Ray Ray and his crew that night.

Go Canes!!!!!

Mark is at the age where mental health issues start to show up. He is dealing with some type of psychosis that is either undiagnosed or it's diagnosed and not being managed and treated properly. No idea whether it's bipolar disorder, schizoaffective disorder, schizophrenia or other acute psychosis. It may be genetic, and may even be triggered by life trauma, lack of sleep, drugs or a unavoidable chemical imbalance.

I don't believe that any of the Pizza Hut staff called him a racial insult. Hearing things is part of psychosis. He probably thought he ordered the item but never did. He started getting Pizza Hut confused with Papa Johns then panics and gets angry when he realizes that he is getting confused. The mood swings are very common. You also hear make him several statements that sound like delusions of grandeur. When he says to the LEO "You already know who I am!" and even the random comment " I am all about that money!" That statement was so random, certainly didn't fit in the context of the conversation with the LEO.

We don't know enough about CTE in living patients to assume that he is dealing with CTE. It is a possibility and those diagnosed post mortem are about 10+ years older than Mark (Aaron Hernandez probably the closes to his age).

Does anyone know if he was a troubled kid or got into mischief? I don't recall any character issues when Miami was recruiting him when he attended Booker T. Washington.

The good news is that there are good treatments and therapies for acute psychosis so hopefully he will be able to get back on track.

Last edited:
Its not cte...

Thats straight up Bi poLar/Schitzo effective behavior.

He just needs a full psych eval and change of his meds,etc.

Im tired of folks throwing cte or drug son this dude...this is mental health issue
+1...Just look at the complete personality change when the cops walked over and saw him. He was almost childlike and tried the excuse of "he fell" and believed it would work. Also, look at how he tried to explain to the cops what happened at Pizza Hut even though they where just with him (*****/Multiple Personality disorder).

Advertisement
I don't think anyone is trying to play neurologist in this thread. I think all they're doing is making a logical inference based on the scientific evidence that links repeated exposure to subconcussive impacts in football with the onset of neurodegenerative diseases like CTE, and Walton's troubling episodes of behavior. Many of the individuals diagnosed with CTE also exhibited behavioral patterns similar to Walton at the time of passing.

The nature of degenerative brain diseases is such that they present significant research challenges-relating to technology, unbiased research, & funding. For now, these complexities make certain questions about the disease unanswerable. They also provide an opportunity for those who want to defend football from its detractors. As was highlighted in the book League of denial. Once the research matures, in the end it may be found that several underlying factors contribute to C.T.E, because diseases are almost always multifactoral. But that still wouldn’t absolve repeated head trauma as the major culprit. As is the case with most risk equations, many of the variables in this instance are without an assigned value, which makes it difficult to properly assess the risk of playing football. What we can say based on the research that is available is that the risk of being diagnosed with C.T.E at death generally increases with each additional year of playing tackle football, & repeated head trauma is also a risk factor for Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and other degenerative brain disorders. Similar to how smoking increases the likelihood of an individual developing lung cancer or other respiratory illnesses.

Everything you write is reasonable, except for your first and second sentences. I take issue that logical inferences are being made.

None of what you write justifies making a diagnosis of CTE over the Internet with the information they have about the individual and the current nascent state of knowledge about the diagnosis of this condition in the living patient.

It doesn’t take a medical genius to understand that repeated head trauma is bad for people, this has been seen in boxers way before cancer was finally associated with smoking. Hence the old term “punch drunk” used to describe some retired boxers for the last hundred years.

As far as I know, Mark Walton does not have a documented history of concussions. This is by no means definitive nor certain, so I’m not making the same mistake others are, by ruling anything out.

But focusing on CTE’s in this particular instance is not warranted, nor is there even enough information to ascertain CTE’s likelihood as the cause of his behavior, therefore this is not helpful to the situation.

This person could just as likely have a myriad of treatable mental conditions, and in any case the focus should be on getting him help so that in the future he doesn’t harm himself or others, rather than doing a really bad job of playing armchair neurological diagnostician.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if he was a troubled kid or got into mischief? I don't recall any character issues when Miami was recruiting him when he attended Booker T. Washington.

IDK if their were issues before UM, but I did read a rumor on here that He had problems keeping His hands to Himself when it came to women.

Seeing He's had domestic violence charges since He left UM, I'd say those rumors were true.

Advertisement
Both! Cops and young black men....
Gtfoh, stop spreading phony ****. This maybe hard to believe but it might be in Waltons best interest to be in jail. It isn't perfect but it's a much more controlled environment.

And btw stop making broad brush statements. It's not young black men, I know alot of young black men that are perfectly fine even if confronted by the "boogie man" law enforcement.

The Sargeant was a black dude that tried to de-escalate multiple times and the officer is clearly someone who migrated here probably from Cuba.

It's not about race it's about the Waltons actions you ***** race baiter.

Gtfoh, stop spreading phony ****. This maybe hard to believe but it might be in Waltons best interest to be in jail. It isn't perfect but it's a much more controlled environment.

And btw stop making broad brush statements. It's not young black men, I know alot of young black men that are perfectly fine even if confronted by the "boogie man" law enforcement.

The Sargeant was a black dude that tried to de-escalate multiple times and the officer is clearly someone who migrated here probably from Cuba.

It's not about race it's about the Waltons actions you ***** race baiter.
If he really does have some physiological issues, then jail is probably the worse place to be unless you just want to throw him away and give up on him.

Mark is at the age where mental health issues start to show up. He is dealing with some type of psychosis that is either undiagnosed or it's diagnosed and not being managed and treated properly. No idea whether it's bipolar disorder, schizoaffective disorder, schizophrenia or other acute psychosis. It may be genetic, and may even be triggered by life trauma, lack of sleep, drugs or a unavoidable chemical imbalance.

I don't believe that any of the Pizza Hut staff called him a racial insult. Hearing things is part of psychosis. He probably thought he ordered the item but never did. He started getting Pizza Hut confused with Papa Johns then panics and gets angry when he realizes that he is getting confused. The mood swings are very common. You also hear make him several statements that sound like delusions of grandeur. When he says to the LEO "You already know who I am!" and even the random comment " I am all about that money!" That statement was so random, certainly didn't fit in the context of the conversation with the LEO.

We don't know enough about CTE in living patients to assume that he is dealing with CTE. It is a possibility and those diagnosed post mortem are about 10+ years older than Mark (Aaron Hernandez probably the closes to his age).

The good news is that there are good treatments and therapies for acute psychosis so hopefully he will be able to get back on track.
Great post, I know schizophrenia alot of times starts showing up in the mid-20s. I have a friend which I believe is schizophrenic but doctors have only diagnosed him with bipolar but similar erratic behavior.

Marijuana and schizophrenia is also a huge issue. Idk if he smokes or not but if he does it is a horrible combination.

If he really does have some physiological issues, then jail is probably the worse place to be unless you just want to throw him away and give up on him.
You have no idea what your talking about. I said it's not perfect but it is controlled which is something he needs. The best option is a residential treatment facility however goodluck with that unless he is compliant and voluntarily going, which I bet he's neither, it's going to be a long road to get him into one.

The worse thing for him at this time is having the freedom to make his own decisions. His mind is clouded by drugs, a mental illness, or both.

You guys just talk to talk, either you have an agenda or your just blinded by the lies you see on social media or the news but I'm experiencing this right now with one of my childhood friends. Your right I want him locked up but it's because he's eventually gonna make a decision that's either gonna get him or someone else killed.

What are you gonna say then? Sorry I'd rather him be locked up then have him dead or create another victim.

Advertisement
IF before criticizing and labeling these players with righteous indignation required us to submit to a KGB/FBI style background check .....and cameras were all around and could be fast forwarded to our unseemly deeds....this thread would have been dead long ago.

So many pristine alter boys here huh?

I come from a fortunate background so I try not to throw rocks and make judgments on others. Because IF MY LIFE ( OR many of my successful friends) was on blast...I wouldn't be anywhere close to enjoying the many blessings I enjoy today. We weren't Angel's and never enjoyed being around them....still don't

But over the years we've turned away from the dark side and give back to help others. But we've never forgotten how it happened to us or our deeds...and the importance of non judgement, understanding and forgiveness in turning our lives around.

Carry on boys...and to those of you out there who think that their lives personify unfailing virtue... buy yourself a cookie or get your mom to pat you on the head

Last edited:

Let’s just say for arguments sake, he has some sort of undiagnosed mental condition, like bipolar disease, maybe he’s has some type of schizophrenia, or some other psychosis related condition. And assuming he’s untreated, which might be likely, jail is absolutely the worst place for him. You’re 100% correct.

He’s a grown *** man so I suppose it’s extremely hard, I just wish somebody close to him would get a hold of him and get him in front of some healthcare/medical professionals. And get him on the road to recovery. Even if it takes some type of Baker act drastic action.

It’s just going to take somebody that cares for him that’s really involved, and really determined to see it through.

I would hate to see him hurt himself or someone else in the future, and you hate to see a life thrown away. He’s a human being after all.

I'm not trying to be dismissive of CTE or any mental problems. It sounds like you know what you're talking about, and at the very least you know a **** of a lot more than me about this stuff.

What I'd say is - just as you're saying people shouldn't be dismissive of CTE/Mental issues - you probably shouldn't dismiss the possibility of those NOT being an issue.

His brain might be wired just fine - and he might just be having some maturity issues, going through some tough times, and is making bad decisions. Which given all that's happened in his life is totally understandable, but also not an excuse for his actions.

I've said this before - but all these posts are "what's wrong with Mark, I hope Mark gets help, I hope Mark doesn't hurt himself". I definitely feel that way too.

But what sadly gets lost in all that is the physical harm Mark has already done and could potentially do again to other people - like beating up his girlfriend (domestic violence is just as serious as mental illness), and knocking out his Cousin. What if he does something worse next time?
I never dismissed the idea of other possibilities. Many posts ago I simply suggested that CTE was a "likely explanation" for his clinical presentation and apparently that triggered a lot of people on here but, again, I have never dismissed other explanations such as other neurological conditions or psychiatric illness.

That said, this is not a case of Mark simply being an *******, spoiled, immature etc. I have decades of experience treating psychiatric illnesses. There is only one viable explanation for his clinical presentation and that is a serious and progressive brain disease. Let me be clear though. Just because there's a medical explanation for his actions does not mean he should not be held accountable for them. I think that notion is partly what has peeps all fired up.

Ted Bundy had antisocial personality disorder, which is in the DSM-5 (diagnostic manual for psychiatric conditions). By definition he had an underlying psychiatric illness yet he was still held accountable for his actions and was sentenced to death (Note: in NO way am I comparing Mark to Ted Bundy; it's just an example to show that people should still answer for their crimes even if it is determined that their crimes can be attributed to underlying neurological or psychiatric issues).

Advertisement
He’s a grown *** man so I suppose it’s extremely hard, I just wish somebody close to him would get a hold of him and get him in front of some healthcare/medical professionals. And get him on the road to recovery. Even if it takes some type of Baker act drastic action.

It’s just going to take somebody that cares for him that’s really involved, and really determined to see it through.

I would hate to see him hurt himself or someone else in the future, and you hate to see a life thrown away. He’s a human being after all.

The problem is mentally ill people are given way too much discretion and we don’t have the infrastructure to treat the massive numbers of them. The bar for release is very low and the bar for institutionalization is very high, especially when the criminal justice is very high.

If they are not facing criminal charges, many of them can feign being coherent long enough not to be held past the 72 hour hold from Baker action. This is especially true if they are given medicine.

Society doesn’t want to pay for a functioning mental health system and the privatized prison/jail industry doesn’t want the competition for potential inmates. Legalize drugs and and stop pretending mentally ill people are competent and you would be surprised how empty the jails and prisons would become. It would kill billions in easy profit.

We just have to pray Mark doesn’t hurt himself or anyone else before HE realizes and admits something is wrong and he needs help. As it is set up now, unless he tries to kill himself, hurts someone BAD or is walking around speaking pure gibberish while using his own ***** like lotion, there isn’t much anyone can force him to do.

When your self-worth is inextricably tied to your status as a football player, and you lose that status, it can be hard. I get it. He was pumped up his whole life as "the man," principally by hangers-on who I guarantee you are no longer there for him. He's now just a guy.

His conduct, including the words and actions you listed, could just as easily be attributable to his inability to cope with that reality as it could be CTE or psychosis. He's an angry, defensive ******* now. He's also immature as ****, which tends to be the case with coddled athletes.

I know plenty like him. They hit a bump in the road, aren't prepared or don't have the constitution to hammer through it, and end up becoming increasingly angry and depressed, blaming the world and all the "isms" for their own failures and challenges. Guess what? Life is hard. **** happens. Parents die. You can lose your job at any moment. Your friends will sell you out. You will have partners who rip you off. Women will cheat on and use you.

If Mark has a legitimate psychological or neurological disorder that is causing this, he has my empathy. Maybe that's what's happening here; I don't know. But the default presumption that this must be the case because he played football is retarded -- we've sat through a year of images of tens of thousands of people his age who never played football engaging in equally violent, anti-social behavior. Personal accountability is a concept that is quickly fading. Young people are now being conditioned to blame everyone and everything (including "isms") but themselves.

There are ******** no doubt.

But people who have seen these medical conditions up close can tell the difference. It’s the small details in their behavior over time.

When my brother started slipping into schizophrenia, I thought he was the biggest ******* to ever walk the face of the earth. I was ready to put a bullet in his head waaaaaay beyond the typical strife siblings endure. He acted EXACTLY the way Mark acts in the beginning. The people around him are probably still trying to shrug it off. My parents certainly did. My mom tried to ignore it or explain it away. My dad tried to blame me. No one wants to accept their child is losing their grip on reality. If you don’t acknowledge it maybe it will go away.

The violent outburst will get more frequent and more severe and the people closest to him will hate his guts. One day, when it’s really bad, he will go to jail for a more serious charge, but he will no longer be able to feign sanity like before. He will have a full breakdown. Maybe **** on the flor and rub it all over himself while screaming incoherently..

They will send him to an institution and force him medicate and he will slowly recover somewhat enough to face charges. He will com

Mark’s condition is deteriorating and his behavior WILL get more bizarre.

The problem is mentally ill people are given way too much discretion and we don’t have the infrastructure to treat the massive numbers of them. The bar for release is very low and the bar for institutionalization is very high, especially when the criminal justice is very high.

If they are not facing criminal charges, many of them can feign being coherent long enough not to be held past the 72 hour hold from Baker action. This is especially true if they are given medicine.

Society doesn’t want to pay for a functioning mental health system and the privatized prison/jail industry doesn’t want the competition for potential inmates. Legalize drugs and and stop pretending mentally ill people are competent and you would be surprised how empty the jails and prisons would become. It would kill billions in easy profit.

We just have to pray Mark doesn’t hurt himself or anyone else before HE realizes and admits something is wrong and he needs help. As it is set up now, unless he tries to kill himself, hurts someone BAD or is walking around speaking pure gibberish while using his own ***** like lotion, there isn’t much anyone can force him to do.

I am sorry to hear about your brother and I hope he’s doing well.

The sad thing is, there are very many mental diseases that can be successfully treated. There’s a small subset or percentage of these patients that are resistant/refractory, but the fact remains that a significant number can be functional as long as they remain on their meds.

I don’t know what Mark Walton has, but I think some type of mental disorder is a very strong possibility. Until he gets professional help we just won’t know.

There are plenty of mentally ill people out there who are not getting the help they need. The hard part is how to fix that without stigmatizing and punishing. People won't voluntarily seek help if they think it's going to harm them in the long run.

Advertisement
Back