Another Mark Walton arrest video

I'd specifically add schizophrenia and bipolar disorder to that list and as possible explanations. It is not at all uncommon for mental illness in men to present in early adulthood. In men, it is sadly pretty common for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder to first appear in that 18-25 age range. Mark recently turned 24 years old. He was 21 or 22 years old at the time of his first few wild arrests.

Is it possible he's got CTE? Yes.
Is it possible he has serious mental health issues? Yes.
Is it possible he has both CTE and serious mental health issue? Yes.
Is it possible he's just being a drunken *******? Sure, but I think that one is looking more and more unlikely with each incident.

Regardless, I hope he gets the help he needs before he hurts himself, someone else, or ends up in prison (or worse). If you've ever dealt with mental illness with a close friend or family member, you know it is serious and can completely change a person's behavior.

Totally agree - any of these are possible. I don't want to undermine any type of mental illness. I think that's a very real thing that's underdiagnosed.

But I don't think this board is very impartial either. If this was a FSU or UF player - the overwhelming reaction would be he's a scumbag, F him. When it's a Miami player - it's he's got mental health issues/CTE and needs help. And I think that might be letting Walton off the hook a bit. He needs to be accountable, no matter what the reason.

In my personal opinion - I don't think myself or anyone else on this board have any idea if Walton has actual mental issues that need medical treatment - everyone's just guessing. So to act like it definitely is, or even likely is bipolar, CTE, etc. seems like a stretch. I do feel he at least has some emotional issues he's dealing with where he'd benefit from some type of professional help.

My skepticism is - his physical altercations are that he's beat up his girlfriend (twice), and his cousin who looks like he's 130 lbs soaking wet. Seems like these random, uncontrollable acts of violence only come out against those half his size who won't press charges. And I doubt that's a coincidence.

These are good questions and I agree with your point about there being "a range of possibilities for Walton's actions." The truth is that neurological and especially psychiatric illnesses are very difficult to diagnose with certainty. There is often disagreement even amongst clinicians about the correct diagnosis. For example, a person suffering with depression may get a diagnosis of major depressive disorder from one provider and a diagnosis of bipolar or schizoaffective disorder from another provider.

Compared to physical illnesses, neurological and psychiatric conditions lack effective biomarkers that can help determine a diagnosis (think antibody test to help diagnose COVID). So, providers have to rely on other (less discernible) clinical features, such as mood, thought process, speech etc. In other words, since these conditions affect people's behavior, emotions, and thoughts, all of these variables have to be considered for a diagnosis. Ray Rice and Joe Mixon may have done what they did because of CTE but a diagnosis should not be based on one violent episode. More clinical information would be needed about those dudes before arriving at a diagnosis.

In Mark's case though, we have multiple examples of bizarre behavior and violent tendencies. Could another psychiatric illness better explain what's going on here, such as schizophrenia or bipolar with psychosis? Sure, those are possibilities. And, he might even have both CTE and a psychiatric illness. However, the people on here disputing the likelihood of CTE are being disingenuous. It is not just plausible but highly likely that he has CTE based on the fact that he meets the clinical criteria needed for a CTE diagnosis:

He played football for more than 2 years at the high school level and beyond
He exhibits explosiveness, impulsivity, rage, violent outbursts, and emotional lability
(i.e. mood swings).

I think we can agree that Mark's brain is significantly impaired (likely irreversibly). He might have had a preexisting psychiatric or neurological illness but, whether we call this CTE or something else, playing football for as long as he did at the level he did has led to worsening and accelerating his neurological deterioration.

We just see it different - I think CTE is "a possibility", you think it's "highly likely".

I just think anyone who is not his doctor can say anything is "highly likely".

But if you look at his arrests:

Busted with weed (no big deal)
Argument in a parking garage (footage showed that was nothing at all)
Runs from cops after being pulled over and tasered (just plain stupid and lucky it didn't turn out worse - but non-violent)

But then...

Beats up his girlfriend
Beats up his girlfriend again
Beats up his cousin

Yelling at a Pizza Hut was dumb - but the cops let him go. Could've easily been nothing. It wasn't until he was around the corner and knocked out his cousin that he got arrested.

IMO - beating up people half his size is just as indicative of being a bully than having serious mental problems.

Also just my opinion - but I doubt every domestic violence case against any dude that played college football it's "highly likely" CTE is the reason.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This forum is a propaganda filled cesspool. More than half these dudes view Alex Jones conspiracy theories as alternative facts. Have you been to the COVID forum and seen some of the sources that were routinely cited? To say that they subvert science would be an understatement.
Maybe he was Russian interference? That’s the best one.

Cane or not, I don't like seeing anyone with that kind of promise throw it all away and ending up ****ing themselves in a Pizza Hut parking lot. I want the best for everyone and hope he gets help so he can erase the sins of his past.

A completely different issue I have is **** like this being linked to the internet. I don't know if it's legal or not and I suppose it's in the publics best interest to know who they're dealing with if they come across him, but ****.

There's people who act like this without ever having played a down of football in their life. And if this is something that he's struggled with since a young adult, chances are it's not CTE at all. He's just an *******.
(NEWS FLASH: those exist - there's not always a medical diagnosis for people's bad behavior)

If he continues on this path we may find out sooner than later, because he's on a path to destruction. Somebody is going to kill him or he's going to have a fatal police encounter.

Advertisement
Are you a neurologist also? The only nut jobs I’ve seen in this thread are the ones diagnosing a condition over the internet. Something a qualified diagnostician, in this field, would NEVER do with the information currently available.

Another example of CIS idiot doctors that don’t understand how medical diagnoses are made.

The guy has mental issues. That’s all anybody can say here. The rest is pure guesswork.

There could conceivably be literally dozens of diagnoses, some not mutually exclusize. That’s the best you can say. There is a smorgasbord of possibilities.
I see your earlier post of “literally hundreds of diagnoses” has now become “literally dozens.”

Please educate us all on “how medical diagnoses are made,”

CTE can only be diagnosed by examining postmortem brain tissue. However, it is a very likely explanation based on his behavior in this video.

CTE has been a media excuse for too long. Can we stop overusing this as a means to justify behaviors w/ every **** football player?

How bout Mark hasn’t been the same person since his mom died. You know who else wasn’t the same person after their mom died? Kanye West. Do anyone attribute Kanye’s antics to CTE? It very well could be Mark snapped, emotionally. I’m looking at his eyes, and his erratic reactions; this is more of a person who’s not mentally connected which was heightened by alcohol consumption that aided his behavior. There’s millions of current & former NFL players who don’t act like this that played the game a lot longer than Mark.

Anyways, on a less serious note regarding this incident; Pizza Hut, where I’m from, was notorious for doing this same chit. One day, I was in a funky *** mood, & my order was cancelled outta no where too. I had to confront a worker who was real tough over the phone for the same chit yeeaaaaaars ago.

Let’s just say I got free pizza for a week by that same ninja afterwards. Lol.

These are good questions and I agree with your point about there being "a range of possibilities for Walton's actions." The truth is that neurological and especially psychiatric illnesses are very difficult to diagnose with certainty. There is often disagreement even amongst clinicians about the correct diagnosis. For example, a person suffering with depression may get a diagnosis of major depressive disorder from one provider and a diagnosis of bipolar or schizoaffective disorder from another provider.

Compared to physical illnesses, neurological and psychiatric conditions lack effective biomarkers that can help determine a diagnosis (think antibody test to help diagnose COVID). So, providers have to rely on other (less discernible) clinical features, such as mood, thought process, speech etc. In other words, since these conditions affect people's behavior, emotions, and thoughts, all of these variables have to be considered for a diagnosis. Ray Rice and Joe Mixon may have done what they did because of CTE but a diagnosis should not be based on one violent episode. More clinical information would be needed about those dudes before arriving at a diagnosis.

In Mark's case though, we have multiple examples of bizarre behavior and violent tendencies. Could another psychiatric illness better explain what's going on here, such as schizophrenia or bipolar with psychosis? Sure, those are possibilities. And, he might even have both CTE and a psychiatric illness. However, the people on here disputing the likelihood of CTE are being disingenuous. It is not just plausible but highly likely that he has CTE based on the fact that he meets the clinical criteria needed for a CTE diagnosis:

He played football for more than 2 years at the high school level and beyond
He exhibits explosiveness, impulsivity, rage, violent outbursts, and emotional lability
(i.e. mood swings).

I think we can agree that Mark's brain is significantly impaired (likely irreversibly). He might have had a preexisting psychiatric or neurological illness but, whether we call this CTE or something else, playing football for as long as he did at the level he did has led to worsening and accelerating his neurological deterioration.

The problem I have with CTE is there is so little known about it and it has become a catch all term to dismiss any incidence of violence or bizarre behavior shown by a football player.

Who is donating their loved ones to have their brains examined after death if they showed no symptoms? The data set is skewed from jump.

Then people jump to “CTE is incurable”. If you really can’t see the problem with this line of thinking, I will explain in another post.

How do you tell between CTE and testosterone linked aggression? How do you tell the difference between CTE and psychiatric illness? How come so many football players don’t exhibit symptoms? How come so many non football players exhibit symptoms?

CTE falls in line with a lot of bullshyt the medical industry does but people don’t see it because they are conditioned to appeal to authority, especially in health matters. I understand full well brain injuries have a cumulative effect and impact on mental health. Of course they would. But when it gets used to explain away any bizarre behavior from a football player , I have a problem with that.

Advertisement
I see your earlier post of “literally hundreds of diagnoses” has now become “literally dozens.”

Please educate us all on “how medical diagnoses are made,”

Now you’re nitpicking shlt. If you get into all the sub diagnoses, especially in psychiatry, yes there could literally be hundreds of possible diagnoses.

Point is, you have no fūcking idea what he has, and neither does anyone else that’s not his neurologist or psychiatrist, and guess what, at this point with what’s known about CTE, they’d be guessing too.

But at least with medical professionals, it’s a much more educated guess rather than some dope on the Internet trying to make a brain diagnosis.

The CTE people are like those who swore their relative died of Covid because they had all the symptoms then they call you a denier when you ask how they got Covid-19 in 2018.

Nitpicking? I'm asking you to backup your lofty claims that you know "how medical diagnoses are made" and provide some (or really any) of the alternative diagnoses, neither of which you can do because you're a blowhard.

You seem to know a lot about me. And you're certain I'm not a medical professional, huh?

Advertisement
Totally agree - any of these are possible. I don't want to undermine any type of mental illness. I think that's a very real thing that's underdiagnosed.

But I don't think this board is very impartial either. If this was a FSU or UF player - the overwhelming reaction would be he's a scumbag, F him. When it's a Miami player - it's he's got mental health issues/CTE and needs help. And I think that might be letting Walton off the hook a bit. He needs to be accountable, no matter what the reason.

In my personal opinion - I don't think myself or anyone else on this board have any idea if Walton has actual mental issues that need medical treatment - everyone's just guessing. So to act like it definitely is, or even likely is bipolar, CTE, etc. seems like a stretch. I do feel he at least has some emotional issues he's dealing with where he'd benefit from some type of professional help.

My skepticism is - his physical altercations are that he's beat up his girlfriend (twice), and his cousin who looks like he's 130 lbs soaking wet. Seems like these random, uncontrollable acts of violence only come out against those half his size who won't press charges. And I doubt that's a coincidence.

We just see it different - I think CTE is "a possibility", you think it's "highly likely".

I just think anyone who is not his doctor can't say anything is "highly likely".

But if you look at his arrests:

Busted with weed (no big deal)
Argument in a parking garage (footage showed that was nothing at all)
Runs from cops after being pulled over and tasered (just plain stupid and lucky it didn't turn out worse - but non-violent)

But then...

Beats up his girlfriend
Beats up his girlfriend again
Beats up his cousin

Yelling at a Pizza Hut was dumb - but the cops let him go. Could've easily been nothing. It wasn't until he was around the corner and knocked out his cousin that he got arrested.

IMO - beating up people half his size is just as indicative of being a bully than having serious mental problems.

Also just my opinion - but I doubt every domestic violence case against any dude that played college football it's "highly likely" CTE is the reason.
As I've already said, you wouldn't diagnose CTE (or any other neurological condition) on one behavioral event. Behavior is just one of the factors you would consider when making a diagnosis and, even then, the behavior would need to occur consistently and somewhat regularly (as is the case with Mark).

Listen dude, I'm not really arguing about whether or not CTE is "a possibility" or whether it's "highly likely." On this point, I think we can agree to disagree. It's semantics. The people who I'm arguing with on here are the CTE deniers, the ones who categorically deny that CTE is even a possibility.

Last edited:
I always thought he seemed like a good young man. Regardless of what’s going on, hope he gets helps and is able to lead a normal life.

Advertisement
As I've already said, you wouldn't diagnose CTE (or any other neurological condition) on one behavioral event. Behavior is just one of the factors you would consider when making a diagnosis and, even then, the behavior would need to occur consistently and somewhat regularly (as is the case with Mark).

Listen dude, I'm not really arguing about whether or not CTE is "a possibility" or whether it's "highly likely." On this point, I think we can agree to disagree. It's semantics. The people who I'm arguing with on here are the CTE deniers, the ones who categorically deny that CTE is even a possibility.
For some, it's the default answer if a football player is involved. It's impossible to really know at this point.

I don’t believe there’s treatment for CTE, so I’m afraid he’s beyond help at this point. When they eventually examine his brain the results are going to be shocking.
Its not cte...

Thats straight up Bi poLar/Schitzo effective behavior.

He just needs a full psych eval and change of his meds,etc.

Im tired of folks throwing cte or drug son this dude...this is mental health issue

He's a spoiled, immature, millennial, with a little bit of money, on drugs. Thinks he can get away with everything. Is testing society to see how far he can go. Why are we afraid to call a guy a bad dude? Doesn't mean he can't change. Look at Ray Lewis. Sapp and Irving also had some poor/embarrassing moments in their lives. Darryl Strawberry is another one.

Mark seemed pretty selectively rational in the video. Was cooperative with the cops once they saw the cuz on the floor. Was clearly trying to sway his cousin to offer him favorable testimony. Cried a little when he realized he might be going to jail. That doesn't strike me as an insane person.

Last edited by a moderator:
He went from a chance to be RB1 on a rising NFL team to ****ing himself while handcuffed behind a Pizza Hut. Tragic is just scratching the surface. Hope he gets some help before it's too late.
Anyone wonder if he’s got CTE or some other mental health disease? It’s beyond bewildering to see such a talent be wasted unless there’s a legit underlying issue at hand. I pray he finds some true help for whatever it is that’s ailing him.

Advertisement
Back