Another Mark Walton arrest video

Advertisement
Here's everything (I think) with Walton. Some aren't that big of a deal, but it all adds up. I bolded the ones that IMO were serious.

Mark Walton Timeline:

Miami:

April 2016 (Freshman Year)
- DUI - dismissed
March 2017 (Soph Year) Mom dies - feel awful for him

Bengals:
Jan. 2019
- misdemeanor marijuana possession
Feb. 2019 - misdemeanor battery - this was so nothing/not a big deal. Total Karen incident
March 2019 - misdemeanor weapons charge / resisting officer without violence / marijuana possession / reckless driving

Dolphins:
March 2019 - aggravated battery of girlfriend (wasn't charged until Jan. 2020)
Nov. 2019 - aggravated battery of same (now pregnant) girlfriend
Feb. 2020
- Violates girlfriend's restraining order
May 2020 - Girlfriend dropped charges

(Dolphins cut Walton Nov 2019 - I'm just grouping these together)

Post NFL:
Feb. 2021
- Trespassing and disorderly conduct - Pizza Hut
March 2022 - Armed Robbery

Here's everything (I think) with Walton. Some aren't that big of a deal, but it all adds up. I bolded the ones that IMO were serious.

Mark Walton Timeline:

March 2019 - misdemeanor weapons charge / resisting officer without violence / marijuana possession / reckless driving
I don't actually know anything about the particulars of his legal troubles but this assortment of charges looks very much not at all serious and actually is pretty consistent with the every day BS bad policing tactics that plague our system. The likely story there is being pulled over on a motor vehicle stop for a traffic infraction that was then used as a fishing expedition by a power hungry, low-self confidence cop who gets off on being a hardass to people, and it devolved into warrantless search of car (good chance via manipulative , unscrupulous tactics) and the cop threw the book at him just because he could and likes being a bully even when it can ruin someone's life.

Advertisement
Anyone who’s dealt with a family member’s mental illness will find this heart breaking. We’ve had to have multiple orders of protection against my BIL over the years. He’s schizophrenic and has been getting worse. Started seeing the cracks when he was 15 and now that he’s 30, we’re just waiting for a call that he killed someone. Very sad to see such a talented player lose control. Pray for the kid.

I don't actually know anything about the particulars of his legal troubles but this assortment of charges looks very much not at all serious and actually is pretty consistent with the every day BS bad policing tactics that plague our system. The likely story there is being pulled over on a motor vehicle stop for a traffic infraction that was then used as a fishing expedition by a power hungry, low-self confidence cop who gets off on being a hardass to people, and it devolved into warrantless search of car (good chance via manipulative , unscrupulous tactics) and the cop threw the book at him just because he could and likes being a bully even when it can ruin someone's life.

IMO it's a mix here.

DUI, weed, stupid nothing altercations - that's all something I wouldn't be surprised happening to any college age kid.

Armed Robbery, beating up your girlfriend multiple times - that's serious stuff that there's no real excuse for.

For the charge you pointed out - March 2019 - misdemeanor weapons charge / resisting officer without violence / marijuana possession / reckless driving

There's video here - so everyone can make their own judgement. The original stop may have very well been the way you described. Who knows. No question young black males in particular are unfairly targeted and harassed, which isn't to take away from how hard & stressful it is to be a cop, it's just a fact.

But Walton makes it so much worse on himself by running from the cop, getting tased, then continuing to run. Just a dumb decision on his part which thank god didn't end much worse.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back