Another, has this ever happened before....

Mbecks22

Sophomore
Has a longtime Miami commit, still in high school, ever NOT TAKEN an official visit to Miami and proceeded to show up for school in August?

I really like this Trayone Gray kid. 6'2 200 lbs. Fast, strong, plays QB in HS but can project at multiple positions: WR, RB, S. He's done everything a kid with academic issues can possible do, ie. commit early, stay out of the drama, focus on grades, etc...

AND YET:

No official visit to the school your signing with? Maybe he's really hitting the books and doesn't even have time to OV. I hope that's the case.

Here is what his HS coach (former UM Coach Aubrey Hill) had to say back in the second week of December:

"Trayone will take his official visit to Miami in January. He's a very versatile player - Miami has him on the recruiting board as a wide receiver; that's where he'll start off."

Unfortunately it looks like that plan got scrapped.

On the subject of academics, Hill had this to say:

"He's getting closer, I know a lot will shore up here in the next nine weeks."

So.... 2 Questions:

1) Anyone have any info on this situation?

2) If he doesn't OV, do we just pretty much write him off for 2014? Has a kid ever not OV'd in a situation like this and still shown up on time?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Guy is an animal. Sadly, the last I heard he had basically no shot of qualifying.

I asked his coach, he told me his grades were straightened out, it was just a matter of getting a test score now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Derrick Griffin 2.0?

It will only be DG 2.0 if Gray goes prep then drops out and still thinks he'll qualify for Miami.

That's what I was saying. Unfortunate and hope it doesn't go down that way.

Yeah.. just look at our recent preps

AJL-Failed prep school

Lockley- Pretty much same

Griffin- dropped out

Seems prep school is always a coin flip at best if they'll rejoin Miami.

Advertisement
I'm sure if he doesn't get the "test score" someone will come on here and say the guy administering the test got paid to make sure he didn't get the "test score"

Derrick Griffin 2.0?

It will only be DG 2.0 if Gray goes prep then drops out and still thinks he'll qualify for Miami.

AJL-Failed prep school

Griffin- dropped out

Taylor Gadbois made it and brought Lockhart with him.

Advertisement
Derrick Griffin 2.0?

AJL-Failed prep school

Griffin- dropped out

Taylor Gadbois made it and brought Lockhart with him.

Oh your right, forgot about him.

I'm sure if he doesn't get the "test score" someone will come on here and say the guy administering the test got paid to make sure he didn't get the "test score"

Genron held his family hostage while Jack Daniels threatened to castrate him. He has decided on a briefcase with 500 large instead.

I believe you have had to take SAT before going on any trips. Not sure if TG has even taken test yet

Advertisement
Back