Another "Elite Retreat"

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Looks like Clemson is joining the "group recruit" game with this Elite Retreat weekend. They are reeling right now, losing two big time recruits to UGA they had pretty much considered "Tigers". Malaki Starks, 5 star athlete, announced for UGA on Thursday. Jalon Walker, 4 star LB, someone Clemson has been recruiting for two years and considered a Clemson "lock" now appears to be leaning to UGA when he announces on Sunday (tomorrow).

Seems Walker's mother was "informally" walking around UGA campus on some sort of self tour and " bumped into" some of the UGA coaching staff... At least that's what is being said... Dabo needs to get kids on campus to really seal the deal - they believe the "on campus experience" is what sells Clemson to families..

There seems to be a lot of concern on Clemson board that Dabo needs to make adjustments to his hiring/recruiting philosophy...

UGA vs Clemson and Bama vs Canes open up college football this year..

Advertisement
People like to think Clemson is Super Dirty in the recruiting game, but they can’t compete with UGA in that category. Boosters will booster, but in my opinion Dabo doesn’t enable the boosters like Smart does.

Advertisement
It's crazy to me that these "retreats" are allowed to happen lol. There has been photos from these retreats that pretty clearly show the school was involved to an extent (photos of recruits at restaurants with school gear all around that you just KNOW the school set up and sent over) and the NCAA goes full on Stevie Wonder. Wonder what would happen if a Miami recruit organized one of these things.

Advertisement
I don’t know why anyone would want to go to any of those red neck schools except for the money they are throwing around.
Because they are good schools? On campus stadiums? The schools are the towns and you are big man on campus? Not competing with pro teams for attention? Schools are very pretty in a nice setting? Or maybe to just be with other red necks as you call them or maybe because what you label them isn't actually accurate? Just throwing out a few of many possible reasons other than the bags.

“Most elite”? Seriously? Dabo couldn't spring for a ******* thesaurus?

Advertisement
It's crazy to me that these "retreats" are allowed to happen lol. There has been photos from these retreats that pretty clearly show the school was involved to an extent (photos of recruits at restaurants with school gear all around that you just KNOW the school set up and sent over) and the NCAA goes full on Stevie Wonder. Wonder what would happen if a Miami recruit organized one of these things.
I agree schools we’re definitely involved but I believe the dead period will be lifted in this instance

Advertisement
896F0764-8606-469B-BFC2-B7C8943C69A2.gif

Advertisement
Back