Another Dan Enos thread

pacusmc

All American
Here we sit the last week of game day. The orange and green glasses have been on and inbreds are laughing at us and claiming we will be down by 3-4 td’s by the end of the 3rd.
Dan Enos doesn’t come across as a dumb person. He was smart enough to be named the new OC at the most dominant program in the past decade. He was smart enough to make an Arkansas offense formidable.
So why? Why out of all he schools he could’ve gone to did he pick UM?
Why would he pick a program that isn’t ranked? Why would he risk any credibility his career has had to lose by 4 td’s in one of the highest profile games of the season?
It’s a question we all know as fans that have followed the program.
But it seems everyone from Vegas to the experts and especially the meth heads don’t want to ask.
smart men can sometimes make dumb decisions and dumbasses can make a brilliant move.
Coaches have come here to try to get the talent. I think Enos came here cause he knew it was already here.

Advertisement
honestly he probably thought man i can absolutely ******* wreck the ACC coastal with south florida athletes. he did his research, he saw the highly rated players we have when they were recruits, saw how ****** the offense was and thought he could rule. he isn't dumb at all. he knows if he turns this ****** offense around into what it SHOULD be, he will propel himself right into major program head coach talks.

Advertisement
Enos, Diaz, Baker all see the same sleeping giant.

Why did Bruce Arians leave retirement for the Bucs if their talent level is supposedly so poor and Winston is not even a top 20 QB according to most pundits? What happened to the Rams and Bears offenses the last couple years? Same stories there.

The lazy analysts can't spot the teams that are anchored by truly awful coaching. They don't know the difference.

All of the above plus Manny Diaz. We say it as homers, but the truth is, even the way the game and recruiting have changed, Miami is an excellent job and possibly the best for someone that is forward thinking for the following reasons:
*Unparalleled national brand
*The most fertile recruiting ground in the country
*Extremely winnable schedule
*A topped ranked defense that gets the ball back for you
*A head coach that is bought into the program and wants to innovate
*A great place to live

My guess is he picked Miami because he is highly analytical and saw what we all see because we are fans. It's a bit of confirmation bias, but we finally got a coach who chose us because of these factors, not because we were the best he could get. I think there are a lot of other coaches who have an antiquated way of thinking who didn't see Miami as a good job. I don't want those guys, I want who we have....finally.

Advertisement
I think you guys are looking into this way too far. He had the option of getting paid at Miami (live/work in Miami, no income tax, etc) to work for a first time coach where he could pretty much do whatever he wanted vs staying at Alabama (live/work in KKK land) and working for a micro-managing *******. He's going to get a head coaching gig again somewhere, so the decision was easy to come here. None of this works if we didn't pay him though.

I think you guys are looking into this way too far. He had the option of getting paid at Miami (live/work in Miami, no income tax, etc) to work for a first time coach where he could pretty much do whatever he wanted vs staying at Alabama (live/work in KKK land) and working for a micro-managing *******. He's going to get a head coaching gig again somewhere, so the decision was easy to come here. None of this works if we didn't pay him though.

lol live/work in KKK land? that's open minded. nice work.

Advertisement
So . . . are you saying he's a smart man who made a dumb decision, or a dumbass that made a brilliant one . . . ?
I’m hoping for a smart man who made a smart and educated choice. We have several players that Alabama recruited heavily and recruited by top sec and p5 programs. I’m sure they all saw a missed offensive opportunity by cmr.

Advertisement
Multiple reasons...

1) We paid him $1.2mill
2) Couldn't stand Nicky Satan & wanted to leave Bama
3) Wife loves it here
4) See's potential in building up a young offense with very good talent
5) We paid him $1.2mill
6) He has family who already lives in Flroida.
7) He can throw a stone in any direction of his house and walk to a hot bed of High School phenoms.
8) He is the true head honcho of the Offense and can do whatever he wants.
9) Diaz is a good salesman and probably impressed him during the interview process.
10 We paid him 1.2 Mill

Advertisement
Back