Another blast from the past -- Miami vs LSU 1988...

NO! *****. Mom running on to field when he gets hurt?

Don't believe it. Call me a liar. I know what Perriman said. It was implied, not a direct statement. It was pretty clear he thought the backup, Erickson, was a better passer. Maybe you're right. Maybe Walsh would have succeeded in DR's offense. It's just surmise on my part that Walsh might have felt he would have trouble succeeding in DE's offense.

What was Craig, a freshman in '87? I guess. I can 't remember. He had little chance to win NC a true freshman anyway. They shortened the passing game for Steve in '87-'88.

There's a story that as Miami fell behind to FSU 19-3, that Erickson was actually warming up in the bullpen. Well, glad JJ never made that call, lol. As for Craig, I give him credit, when there were reports that George was coming to Miami, he basically said, 'Well, if you come to a place like Miami, you should expect to compete.' He never wavered in his commitment to the U

Advertisement
NO! *****. Mom running on to field when he gets hurt?

Don't believe it. Call me a liar. I know what Perriman said. It was implied, not a direct statement. It was pretty clear he thought the backup, Erickson, was a better passer. Maybe you're right. Maybe Walsh would have succeeded in DR's offense. It's just surmise on my part that Walsh might have felt he would have trouble succeeding in DE's offense.

What was Craig, a freshman in '87? I guess. I can 't remember. He had little chance to win NC a true freshman anyway. They shortened the passing game for Steve in '87-'88.

LOL, I meant 'can believe it', it was clear to the naked eye that Vinny was Nolan Ryan to Walsh's Greg Maddux as it related to arm strength and velocity. It's amazing that Walsh was basically one horrific call at South Bend from being 24-0 as the starter with back to back national titles...

There's a story that as Miami fell behind to FSU 19-3, that Erickson was actually warming up in the bullpen. Well, glad JJ never made that call, lol. As for Craig, I give him credit, when there were reports that George was coming to Miami, he basically said, 'Well, if you come to a place like Miami, you should expect to compete.' He never wavered in his commitment to the U
Erickson was up and throwing without any doubt....

I was there....Had just moved to Ft Walton Bch 3 months earlier...Hop skip and a jump from Louisiana...CaneinOrlando never saw so many fine Women at a CFB game in his life....
You speak truth. For those who cannot understand why players would ever go to SEC teams, you have only to attend game or walk through the campus of most SEC schools, not uf, and understand the co-ed "talent" level. LSU could easily be the center of all such talent.

Advertisement
they played one of the toughest schedules in the 80's for any program (vs pre-season #1 in FSU, which lost 1 game, Big 10 champion in Michigan, SWC champion in Arkansas, co-SEC champion in LSU, Big 8 champion, Nebraska, and a bowl team in BYU. The one loss, the robbery at South Bend by one point) -- all this while losing an incredible amount of talent from the 86 and 87 teams

Unreal

And this was thought to be a rebuilding year for UM. Jimmy Johnson had really mastered the art of running a college program at that stage, his recruiting was getting better and better. I really believe if he stays at UM long-terms, he wins at least three or four more titles before 1995

If there is one thing I could change about Miami football from a historical perspective, is having Johnson stay longer
Johnson and Miami might have put together a three-peat NC and even broken OU 47-game win streak.

I was there that night in a downpour...Canes could have won by 70 if they’d wanted to.

Rode to the game with some friends that were Tiger fans and listened to all their sHt.
Well they listened to all mine on the way home.

Advertisement
One of my favorite aspects of Miami football in that independent era was how they went on the road to play so many solid programs. Just off the top of my head: Michigan, Michigan St, LSU, FSU, Florida, Notre Dame, Auburn (neutral setting), South Carolina, Maryland, BYU, Arizona, Arizona State -- are just some of the teams we played from the early 80s to mid-90s

Advertisement
You speak truth. For those who cannot understand why players would ever go to SEC teams, you have only to attend game or walk through the campus of most SEC schools, not uf, and understand the co-ed "talent" level. LSU could easily be the center of all such talent.

wonder why uf doesn't have this? I guess it's a cultural thing

wonder why uf doesn't have this? I guess it's a cultural thing
I don't know. They just do not seem to have as many hotties. fsu use to take a lot. Maybe, just maybe, us Cane fans are right about the sexual persuasion of the gator "men".

Advertisement
This, my son is a Jr at UGA, he is in absolute heaven in Athens.

This, my son is a Jr at UGA, he is in absolute heaven in Athens.
UGA girls are serious hotties. Hard to beat Deep South ladies. Only CA matchs up. I grew up in So FL and it has always been well stocked long before South Beach went crazy. Nothing touches our mix -- anything you want is here, but Deep South girls can make you forget your personal taste.

I don't know. They just do not seem to have as many hotties. fsu use to take a lot. Maybe, just maybe, us Cane fans are right about the sexual persuasion of the gator "men".
When I was younger (1960's) FSU had a reputation for having hotter women and more of them.

When I was younger (1960's) FSU had a reputation for having hotter women and more of them.
For years is had one of the highest ratio of women to men in the country. For a time in the past it was a Teachers College and maybe even of girl.. UF took their football equipment and maybe players at that time. The source nole hatred of gator.

Advertisement
Back