Another blast from the past -- Miami vs LSU 1988...

Advertisement
well my original post in this thread had the youtube link, but I guess that guy had his channel taken down. Buzzkill

1990 Cal was another game where our guys got buck wild and put on a show. Erickson took a TON of heat after that game lol

I thought I recall a quote from Erickson (or maybe another coach) saying the refs had it out for us from the start and erickson was trying to keep our guys well behaved but he finally had enough of the refs and told our kids to let loose. Dunno why I recall that. Didn’t dave maggard (or whoever our AD was at the time) have to apologize?

Testeverde's arm was NFL ready since his Soph yr....Absolute rifle...another QB who people forget when it comes to Strong arms was Scott Covington....Kid could throw a ball through a wall.....
I remember Vinny had the strongest arm of the three freshmen (a good group): Vinny, Bernie and Kyle Vandeweghe. But I used to hear Greg Jones was strongest of all and I’m pretty sure he and Vinny were on the team at the same time. I think Bernie and Kyle were gone by then. Bernie was the weakest of the three, for sure. He had other strengths.

I remember Vinny had the strongest arm of the three freshmen (a good group): Vinny, Bernie and Kyle Vandeweghe. But I used to hear Greg Jones was strongest of all and I’m pretty sure he and Vinny were on the team at the same time. I think Bernie and Kyle were gone by then. Bernie was the weakest of the three, for sure. He had other strengths.
I remember some passes that Testeverde threw at UM, that till this day I find it hard to comprehend....But the throw from Jacory to Benjamin against FSU in 09 (non-TD) was the nicest Pass I've ever seen thrown at UM.....As much flak as JH takes...that pass was an A+++++....(and was getting killed as he released it)

Advertisement
It’s really amazing the QB’s that came through each one had special traits that set each one apart from each other.

Just so special each one every time I choose one then another one makes me stop .

I really don’t think any other school can match our lineage just so special.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back