Another 40+ points surrendered by Texas

TemplarCane

A Real One
Premium
I guess Strong taking the DC role really helped.

Oklahoma 42, Texas 34 early 4th quarter.

OU has just over 600 yards of offense.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Skrong might want to update his resume in case he needs it soon.

I dont care how good of a coach you are. Purging a team is always a recipe for failure. At the end of the day you need developed strength in the trenches and Texas doesnt have that at all on the Dline. They are young and weak af.

45-40 OU, just under two minutes. 674 yards of offense for the Sooners.

Odd how the UT offense has been good this season. Today is the third time in five games the Longhorns scored 40 or more points. Big 12 defenses are rather poor, but UTs offense has improved under the new OC.

Advertisement

Texas needs an (invalid) excuse to cut Strong and sign Les Miles. UT regents and boosters have long been hesitant about him -- e.g. Our Al Golden. One program that can afford both.

Advertisement
I hate strong as much as anyone but him taking the reigns the week before Oklahoma wasn't going to dramatically change how bad this team was.

He's gone very soon

Advertisement
****. I caught a little bit of the game and that Texas D is a god**** embarrassment. The tackling in the Big 12 in general is shameful.

Let's not act like the only defensive embarrassment in the Big 12 is Texas. There's not a team in that league that plays defense. ****, OU gave up 40 to UT and their true freshman QB.
Isn't that exactly what I said?

Texas needs an (invalid) excuse to cut Strong and sign Les Miles. UT regents and boosters have long been hesitant about him -- e.g. Our Al Golden. One program that can afford both.

Can't see Texas targeting Miles. He got fired because he can't develop a QB. Texas has had that same problem for years. It is one of the things that makes Herman so attractive to Texas. He had serious success managing the OSU QBs on the way to the championship and he had a very productive Ward led offense at Houston last year.

In any event, if Texas, LSU, USC and the team I cannot name from Indiana all had vacancies at the same time....the dominos would be unprecedented.

Advertisement

Can't see Texas targeting Miles. He got fired because he can't develop a QB. Texas has had that same problem for years. It is one of the things that makes Herman so attractive to Texas. He had serious success managing the OSU QBs on the way to the championship and he had a very productive Ward led offense at Houston last year.

In any event, if Texas, LSU, USC and the team I cannot name from Indiana all had vacancies at the same time....the dominos would be unprecedented.

I can't recall a time when four programs of that name and reputation had HC vacancies. I think Kelly gets another season in South Bend. USC isn't likely to fire Helton after one season unless the Trojans completely collapse. Washington is the only remaining game on there schedule you would assume they'd lose. All other games are winnable in a down year for the PAC12. Notre Dame travels to LA and is clearly beatable.

Advertisement
Back