Announced lingard cleared for contact today and available for uf if needed per shodell

It's the biggest game of the season.

If he can get us yards I want to see him in there.

Florida isn't the biggest game of the season. All ACC games where a Coastal Division title is on the line; all are more *important* than a season opening out of conference match up.

Yes, you want a win for bragging rights—but in the end the game means nothing; just like LSU last year.

Miami was 5-1 after Florida State last year, reclimbing the ranks with the loss to the Tigers way in the rearview and meaningless at that point. The wheels fell off against Virginia, Boston College, Georgia Tech and Duke—all winnable games if UM had a quarterback and that 7-6 run could've easily been 12-2 or 11-3 (with a loss to Clemson in the ACC title game).

These early OOC match-ups are great for the brand; nationally-televised prime-time games—but in this era it's all about winning the conference, which starts with taking the division.

Miami will need Lingard as this year rolls on. No reason that Dallas and Harris can't shoulder the load against the Gators. Last thing you need is to lose Lingard for conference play, coming off an injury like his. Unless he's ready-ready—you don't rush the comeback.

Advertisement
Needs to utilized against Florida. Even if it’s only 2-3 times. He’s too big of a playmaker and this game is too big for us. A screen to Lingard? It’s a wrap he’s gone.
It would be great to see Lo play a few snaps. You can’t risk fumbling since he hasn’t had contact though. I’d only play him unless we really need a spark, there’s an injury, or we 17 ND their butts and it’s over at halftime.

It would be great to see Lo play a few snaps. You can’t risk fumbling since he hasn’t had contact though. I’d only play him unless we really need a spark, there’s an injury, or we 17 ND their butts and it’s over at halftime.

That’s why I said screen. Less injury risk/fumble play. Get him in space. We can’t hold anything back in this game. If he’s healthy he’s healthy let’s get the show on the road

Advertisement
Funny you bring this up. People keep mentioning last years FSU game. So I went and watched every snap he played. He was solid against the run. He was awful rushing the passer. Multiple plays he fell down trying to speed rush the edge. One of times he fell down he was untouched. That play was a 3rd and long that they converted.

Not last year. Richts first year: FSU @ Miami

Between then he's not been 100% and switching between DE and TE

Advertisement
Lorenzo will be the #1 back on the team before the season is over.

Ballzy statement. How well does he catch the ball and how about his pass protection? I really like Deejay Dallas’ game and still see him getting the most carries throughout the year.

I’m also anxious to see Burns get a handful of carries.

Last edited:
We got to worry about ball security whenever Dallas run already 🤷🏾‍♂️. He may not have fumbled that much but I’m still a little concerned about it
Yup I'm concerned about it too. If he puts the ball on the ground he will probably get the hook quick. Dont know how Cam is doing after gettin dinged up? Burns may figure in this more than we think.

Yup I'm concerned about it too. If he puts the ball on the ground he will probably get the hook quick. Dont know how Cam is doing after gettin dinged up? Burns may figure in this more than we think.
Cam been full go even the day after that whole situation. Not concerned with him

Advertisement
Advertisement
I saw the article on 247 he actually said the knee brace was hindering from getting to full stride and top speed. Once the brace is off he said he can test out the knee and believes he will be able to run at full speed fine and cut.

I think you answered the question. If he's medically cleared, get him on the practice field. Let him make his cuts and get into some live contact. Then take it from there.

Even though he's been working out and rehabbing, I can't believe every one thinks he game ready. Let him take it one step at a time.

Hill has been playing behind Garvin. Rousseau has been playing behind Patchan.

IMO Baker better be putting both Hill and Garvin opposite each other on 3rd & long/2 minute drills.

I know Patchan had a good off season, is a guy everyone roots for, is a legacy, does all the rights things, etc. The fact is he’s still a redshirt senior DE with one sack in his career. Anyone believing he is going to all of sudden be a 10 sack guy has been spending to much time in Canesville. Patchan’s tape pass rushing matches his one sack production. It’s atrocious. Maybe he was hurt and blah blah blah. Bottom line this kid has as much to prove as anyone. He’s going to have to step up his game immensely to keep Hill and Rousseau on the bench.
Rooting for Patchan to do well but Hill & Rousseau are more talented (and will create far more TFL). We have to keep UF's QB under constant duress & play our best players to beat UF. Release the hounds!!

Lingard is the best back on the roster. He has elite speed. His best is at a different level than the others. If he's been cleared medically (which he has) and he feels ready (with the support of the coaches), he should play a significant role against UF. He is an X Factor that can tip the game in our favor.

Advertisement
Back