Angel Rodriguez commits

I don't hate. That team could be .500 in the ACC. Now, with that said, I really want a big man transfer (Davis, Black, etc.) as well. At this point Price-Martin is close to a must get for next year's recruiting class.

At this moment, even with Rodriguez, I don't think we're a .500 team in the ACC. I think we're about a 7-8 win team (out of 18), we just don't have enough big men.

Let's not forget that we're counting on Jekri to put in a bunch of burn this year and he may not be ready to do that. If we can get another PF and C, then we're North of 9 IMO.

Advertisement
I don't hate. That team could be .500 in the ACC. Now, with that said, I really want a big man transfer (Davis, Black, etc.) as well. At this point Price-Martin is close to a must get for next year's recruiting class.

At this moment, even with Rodriguez, I don't think we're a .500 team in the ACC. I think we're about a 7-8 win team (out of 18), we just don't have enough big men.

Let's not forget that we're counting on Jekri to put in a bunch of burn this year and he may not be ready to do that. If we can get another PF and C, then we're North of 9 IMO.

You're probably right, though I'm hoping Brown turns into the player I thought he would be this year, and that Kelly is a solid 4. I forgot Notre Dame, Syracuse and Pitt are coming aboard as well. I think I'd be doing cartwheels if we were 9-9.

You're probably right, though I'm hoping Brown turns into the player I thought he would be this year, and that Kelly is a solid 4. I forgot Notre Dame, Syracuse and Pitt are coming aboard as well. I think I'd be doing cartwheels if we were 9-9.

I have to imagine after Louisville is added the magic number is 8, I mean this conference would be insane and a war.

I have to imagine after Louisville is added the magic number is 8, I mean this conference would be insane and a war.

Unfortunately, Miami loses their *****, Maryland.

Advertisement
Yx44gymvQ5

http://instagram.com/p/Yx44gymvQ5/#

Advertisement
If Rodriguez gets the waiver and Elder starts playing b-ball in November, not January, I'm suddenly not writing next season off. I've been talking with a colleague at work who is very familiar with Tennessee high school sports, and says Elder is the real deal in both football and basketball.

If Rodriguez gets the waiver, I think you have Burnett at his more natural position shooting guard (kid is a great scorer). Then you have Brown at the 3. Now you are starting to get some quality up there. If Brown can be consistent, you have a pretty good 1-2-3.

Right now it could look like this:

PG: Rodriguez/Elder
SG: Burnett/Adams
SF: Brown/Reed
PF: Kelly/Griffin
C: Jekri

Unless Raphael and Swoope make dramatic improvements, they will be on the bench.

You missed Kelly.

If Rodriguez gets the waiver and Elder starts playing b-ball in November, not January, I'm suddenly not writing next season off. I've been talking with a colleague at work who is very familiar with Tennessee high school sports, and says Elder is the real deal in both football and basketball.

If Rodriguez gets the waiver, I think you have Burnett at his more natural position shooting guard (kid is a great scorer). Then you have Brown at the 3. Now you are starting to get some quality up there. If Brown can be consistent, you have a pretty good 1-2-3.

Unless Raphael and Swoope make dramatic improvements, they will be on the bench.

You missed Kelly.

You missed Kelly. Look again

Advertisement

You missed Kelly.

I didn't say he was off the list.

You missed Kelly.

I didn't say he was off the list.

Ok, I'm confused then. You said, "You missed Kelly"

Advertisement
According to the Kansas City Star, Rodriguez is citing health reasons in his family in Puerto Rico as the reason for the waiver.

A waiver would be great, but honestly, I wouldn't expect any favors from those c*ck-s*its over at the NCAA anytime soon.

According to Barry Jackson in the Herald today, UM isn't optimistic he will be gantred the waiver to play next year.

Advertisement
Back