Angel Rodriguez commits

Advertisement
Isaac Koppel ‏@Isaac_Koppel5m
Miami is reportedly "optimistic" regarding Angel Rodriguez's waiver (Canesport)

196.gif

What factors does the NCAA take in account when receiving the waiver not to sit out a year? I honestly have no idea why Rodriguez is transferring aside from wanting to be closer to family. I can't think that's enough for the waiver to get approved, no?

What factors does the NCAA take in account when receiving the waiver not to sit out a year? I honestly have no idea why Rodriguez is transferring aside from wanting to be closer to family. I can't think that's enough for the waiver to get approved, no?

It happened for Larkin except he wasn't enrolled yet.

If this happens and we get the wavier the season is already looking much better.

What factors?

1. Are you Miami? If so, do not bother applying
2. See #1

Advertisement

What factors?

2. See #1

Peter O'Brien got approved for a hardship waiver and I think it turned out to be kind of a scam.

What factors?

2. See #1

Peter O'Brien got approved for a hardship waiver and I think it turned out to be kind of a scam.

Like a Ponzi scheme? A punter pyramid if you will.

What factors?

2. See #1

I thought he graduated and had to pick a graduate program not offered at his former school?

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Rodriguez gets the waiver and Elder starts playing b-ball in November, not January, I'm suddenly not writing next season off. I've been talking with a colleague at work who is very familiar with Tennessee high school sports, and says Elder is the real deal in both football and basketball.

Advertisement
If Rodriguez gets the waiver and Elder starts playing b-ball in November, not January, I'm suddenly not writing next season off. I've been talking with a colleague at work who is very familiar with Tennessee high school sports, and says Elder is the real deal in both football and basketball.

If Rodriguez gets the waiver, I think you have Burnett at his more natural position shooting guard (kid is a great scorer). Then you have Brown at the 3. Now you are starting to get some quality up there. If Brown can be consistent, you have a pretty good 1-2-3.

Right now it could look like this:

PG: Rodriguez/Elder
SG: Burnett/Adams
SF: Brown/Reed
PF: Kelly/Griffin
C: Jekri

Unless Raphael and Swoope make dramatic improvements, they will be on the bench.

Last edited:
You left out Adams who has started alot of games for us. He'll get plenty of minutes. He might start. Larkin praised him for his play in practice.

If Rodriguez gets the waiver, I think you have Burnett at his more natural position shooting guard (kid is a great scorer). Then you have Brown at the 3. Now you are starting to get some quality up there. If Brown can be consistent, you have a pretty good 1-2-3.

Right now it could look like this:

PG: Rodriguez/Elder
SG: Burnett/Adams
SF: Brown/Reed
PF: Kelly/Griffin
C: Jekri

Unless Raphael and Swoope make dramatic improvements, they will be on the bench.

I don't hate. That team could be .500 in the ACC. Now, with that said, I really want a big man transfer (Davis, Black, etc.) as well. At this point Price-Martin is close to a must get for next year's recruiting class.

Advertisement
Back