Andy Staples podcast w/Manny about culture-offense-E Reed

Lol @ charting the last decade of offensive stats to realize we sucked

Manny reacting to his research

tenor (92).gif

Advertisement
We have been behind the ball trying to promote NFLU and tied ourselves to a dying scheme while college football evolved away from bro style offense. We had AD in newspaper saying they wanted a offense that gets players ready for pros while not saying they want to light up college scoreboards. We were very backwards in our thinking from top down.

And I know many will try to make it seem like they were alllll for spread for a long time but there have been MANY debates with guys talking about they love the fullback in flat plays and how quadtrine hill could pick up a guarenteed 3-4 yards or some ****, MANY fans supported this NFLU pro style bro bs while lesser college teams lit up scoreboards. They probably won admit it now but this board is almost 10 years old you will see many debates of fans sounding like those triple option fans of yesteryear. It is just sad we wasted a decade plus when we could of been cutting edge which was our original identity! Not NFLU. Heck Erickson was an original spread guy. **** man 2020 and we are LAST on the bus..
Look at how many people were on this site arguing for this or that because thats what the NFL does and kids just want to play CFB to get to the league.

We need to win ACC games, whatever that takes.

Advertisement
Listened to it. Funny how he mentions Golden era offense and how they couldnt get the defense synced up. Golden was D coach by trade but I remember him being open with offense and even doing tempo stuff and wanting to brand offense as "temp-pro" style offense. Using faced pace spread type and still being pro style for whatever reason. Would even have Morris throwing deep for cheap touchdowns when teams would jump offsides..

Golden did some decent things but was just soo corny and his putting his friendship before the school and hiring a guy who shouldnt be more than a position coach maybe as DC with incredibly bad results was his down fall. I cant believe this dude tied himself to dorito.

Listened to it. Funny how he mentions Golden era offense and how they couldnt get the defense synced up. Golden was D coach by trade but I remember him being open with offense and even doing tempo stuff and wanting to brand offense as "temp-pro" style offense. Using faced pace spread type and still being pro style for whatever reason. Would even have Morris throwing deep for cheap touchdowns when teams would jump offsides..

Golden did some decent things but was just soo corny and his putting his friendship before the school and hiring a guy who shouldnt be more than a position coach maybe as DC with incredibly bad results was his down fall. I cant believe this dude tied himself to dorito.

How is Manny any different in this regard?

Advertisement
The OL sucked and the DL didn't but the DC, who needed to be assisted by Manny, gets to stay and the OC catches all the blame? Manny is still putting friends before the program.

I don't think that the DC needed to be fired after last season. Defense was not our problem. But that's not the point. Point is why would you fire him and then have to get some other DC to come learn to run your PROVEN defense all over again? That's taking steps back again. Does not make sense. Next year Baker should have a full grasp of what the defense should look like and run it to perfection.. If not you cut him lose. But every head coach works one side of the ball which they specialize in until they groom someone to run things just like they want them. That is why you see guys that worked under Saban, Leach do well after they leave.

The OL sucked and the DL didn't but the DC, who needed to be assisted by Manny, gets to stay and the OC catches all the blame? Manny is still putting friends before the program.

There’s no comparison between the performance of our offense compared to the defense.

Every HC has a hand in certain parts of his team more than another. Diaz assisting doesn’t mean that coach should be fired.

So did Manny know Enos was going run that horrid offense when he hired him or did Dan switch it up when he was on the ground here? Did Manny just wake up during the season to the offense we ‘should’ run? His promises when he was hired didn’t match the scheme we got. How did that really happen?
Incompetence or staggering ignorance

Advertisement
I don't believe Manny fully embraced the spread until this season. He knew what Enos ran...****, one of the reasons he pointed to for hiring him was because his offense gave Manny problems when they were both at previous stops. He was very familiar with Enos' system. But I believe Manny wasn't fully on board with a radical shift in philosophy. Almost like last year was a baby step towards the full spread. From pro-style, to "spread coast" (LMAO), to a guy like Lashlee.
I could definitely see this being the case. Part of me still feels like pEnos said some **** in his pre employment interview that he didnt deliver on as well. There was some very blatant tension on the sidelines way too early in the year

Great interview, I'M pumped folks. Let's put a double u "W" on every game this coming season. ****, we already won, don't even need to suit up. 😜 hello mcfly

Last edited:
Advertisement
Putting myself in his shoes, it was probably a "pick your battles" situation. Fix the urgent need where he can't step in to help while minimizing the number of staff casualties to avoid too much disarray.

But the VT game really exposed Baker.

Putting myself in his shoes, it was probably a "pick your battles" situation. Fix the urgent need where he can't step in to help while minimizing the number of staff casualties to avoid too much disarray.

But the VT game really exposed Baker.

Meh. Really exposed him? I'd disagree with that. It was certainly an awful game for Miami's defense, but they had 337 total yards of offense.

The redzone defense was especially terrible, obviously. And that last drive after we tied it was inexcusable. So, no doubt, it was a really ****** game defensively. But I just can't say a team is really exposed when they give up 5.35 YPP. That wasn't even the worst number we gave up last year (UNC, Louisville, UF, & GT were all worse).

I wonder how badly Baker would've been exposed had the offense not started the game with FOUR straight turnovers.

I think Manny wanted to see a certain offense run and Enos sold him on running that offense but decided to run things his own way.

Hmmm really? ......So who was really the Head Coach? :unsure:

Will Manny now try to say that THIS YEAR is really his 1st year as the Miami Head Coach....since last year Enos really made the decisions :rolleyes:

Remember the interviews, Enos said he was going to run a hybrid "Spreadcoast Offense". Then he went and did the offense he'd run at Arkansas.

STOP IT!! STOP!!

What he ran at Arkansas was effective

Neither Arkansas nor any other self respecting football team would have allowed him to run that monstrosity offense he incorporated here for a full season

Advertisement
Back