Andy Staples podcast w/Manny about culture-offense-E Reed

Advertisement
So did Manny know Enos was going run that horrid offense when he hired him or did Dan switch it up when he was on the ground here? Did Manny just wake up during the season to the offense we ‘should’ run? His promises when he was hired didn’t match the scheme we got. How did that really happen?

Advertisement
So did Manny know Enos was going run that horrid offense when he hired him or did Dan switch it up when he was on the ground here? Did Manny just wake up during the season to the offense we ‘should’ run? His promises when he was hired didn’t match the scheme we got. How did that really happen?

I don't believe Manny fully embraced the spread until this season. He knew what Enos ran...****, one of the reasons he pointed to for hiring him was because his offense gave Manny problems when they were both at previous stops. He was very familiar with Enos' system. But I believe Manny wasn't fully on board with a radical shift in philosophy. Almost like last year was a baby step towards the full spread. From pro-style, to "spread coast" (LMAO), to a guy like Lashlee.

Great questions, as a 1st time headcoach, diaz got finessed and got caught up in sweating anything Bama related and what coach diaz doesnt understand yet a True headcoach knows and still has to be able to guide and often times groom whoever it is they picked to be their oc. Their is a reason saban didnt have enos already calling plays, and had enos already started calling that bullshat he called here, saban would've immediately told him, look ****, run the got damyum ball, that's what i want, all yhis sporadic **** you calling, F that. So at this juncture in diaz's tenure, he's putting all the onus on his coordinators as if he doesnt have anything to do with their success or failure, he still has to be able to guide the oc, if not, what the **** is he the headcoach for! He already scapegoating, trying to put three removed from him in front of him as if its a buffer, its the oc's fault, its the players/culture, and the talent level. What happpens if rhett comes out looking soft and flat in his 1st year here, coach diaz needs to wake TF up, we dont need to here excuses, we need results. This clown once again is already talking as if he's remedied most of the problems, instead of just shutting TF up, or simply saying we made some changes in the offseason to try a different approach, we'll see how it starts to shape up once the season unfolds.

I don't believe Manny fully embraced the spread until this season. He knew what Enos ran...****, one of the reasons he pointed to for hiring him was because his offense gave Manny problems when they were both at previous stops. He was very familiar with Enos' system. But I believe Manny wasn't fully on board with a radical shift in philosophy. Almost like last year was a baby step towards the full spread. From pro-style, to "spread coast" (LMAO), to a guy like Lashlee.

Imo Manny knew he had a major problem in the QB room and probably thought Enos' reputation as a top QB coach with a discipline mindset could help get it right. That obviously blew up in his face when Enos tried pushing Jarren hard and all he did was shrug, give him the middle finger and go get baked.

Advertisement
That's my thing too. Manny had to sign off on the Enos **** offense. That said, let's see what Lash puts together.

Imo Manny knew he had a major problem in the QB room and probably thought Enos' reputation as a top QB coach with a discipline mindset could help get it right. That obviously blew up in his face when Enos tried pushing Jarren hard and all he did was shrug, give him the middle finger and go get baked.

I think that's completely accurate. How many times did Manny mention the immaturity in the QB room once he got the job? 50? And how many times did he try to bring up how much Enos improved that? Another 50? You're 1000% correct, Manny knew the QB room was full of jagaloons and he needed someone to teach the kids how to be professional. Looks like it worked with Kosi. Jarren, maybe not so much.

👍

Manny obviously saw that changes on the O side of the ball were essential last year. The changes he made were obviously a disaster and he had the wherewithal to make more changes to address the obvious issues from this past season.
At the very least, it seems Manny is willing to make necessary changes to bring this program back to prominence and for that he deserves some credit.
Whether or not Manny’s efforts will bear fruit is yet to be seen. But I will say this; I’m a bit more optimistic at this time than I was at the same time last year.

Advertisement
no. just click on the podcast link and you can listen to it. the athletic is kicking the ***** out of all the other sports reporting news site. they have excellent content.

Thanks. I am subscriber too so I couldn't tell if there were restrictions. I agree 100% with you on the Athletic. They poached the best reporters from a ton of markets and added the best beat guys to create a great new outlet. Totally worth the few dollars a month they charge.

Remember the interviews, Enos said he was going to run a hybrid "Spreadcoast Offense". Then he went and did the offense he'd run at Arkansas.

Advertisement
Wait, Kings father passed away Saturday? ****, condolences to the young man and his family.

Last edited:
We have been behind the ball trying to promote NFLU and tied ourselves to a dying scheme while college football evolved away from bro style offense. We had AD in newspaper saying they wanted a offense that gets players ready for pros while not saying they want to light up college scoreboards. We were very backwards in our thinking from top down.

And I know many will try to make it seem like they were alllll for spread for a long time but there have been MANY debates with guys talking about they love the fullback in flat plays and how quadtrine hill could pick up a guarenteed 3-4 yards or some ****, MANY fans supported this NFLU pro style bro bs while lesser college teams lit up scoreboards. They probably won admit it now but this board is almost 10 years old you will see many debates of fans sounding like those triple option fans of yesteryear. It is just sad we wasted a decade plus when we could of been cutting edge which was our original identity! Not NFLU. Heck Erickson was an original spread guy. **** man 2020 and we are LAST on the bus..

I think Manny wanted to see a certain offense run and Enos sold him on running that offense but decided to run things his own way.

Remember the interviews, Enos said he was going to run a hybrid "Spreadcoast Offense". Then he went and did the offense he'd run at Arkansas.

I wonder how much the offense was hindered schematically by our QBs not putting in the work necessary to learn and properly run more complex offensive concepts.

Enos was a total ******* and a horrible fit here, but not all the problems this offense had were on him imo.

Advertisement
Back