Andy Jean Film Review: Hometown Assassin

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
From a SI Gator article:

Jean's decision to shut down his recruitment with the Gators this summer — something he already had planned as he headed to campus for FNL and the cookout to end July — comes as he looks to shift his complete focus toward the gridiron for one final campaign on Friday Nights.

"I'm getting close to the season; I'm trying to have a great year. I ain't really trying to have a lot of coaches texting me out the fly. I want to stay focused on my game. The University of Florida is the place I want to be."

As a result, he pledged himself to a school earlier than some may have expected.

On pace to graduate a semester early and early enroll at Florida, Jean views his commitment status as a positive for his growth as a player and teammate in the upcoming season.

"I want to take my time to focus on my game and focus on my teammates, help my teammates instead of going in visits, missing practice and stuff like that. I want to be fully here for the season and ball out this year."

However, if the right schools call — namely Georgia, Texas A&M and Miami — he could see himself taking additional visits before his recruitment ends for good.

But, for now, Florida is firmly the place he wants to be.
So wait the article starts off saying he shut down is recruitment but ends with if the right schools call he will consider them. So he hasn't shut down is recruitment he just committed to a school but is open to considering other schools.

Advertisement
I think they’d still take him but “ something bigger” is definitely in play “ PAUSE”.
@Cribby what if we get two top shelf WR's, let's name them Jareem and Hickey, or my scenario one post above yours? Do we take Jean as our 5th/6th, or do we keep at at 4?
I have always felt that we could take 5; but it would have to be the right five. This was me early thinking/hoping that Inniss would be that 5th one.
I will understand if you don't respond!

Advertisement
@Cribby what if we get two top shelf WR's, let's name them Jareem and Hickey, or my scenario one post above yours? Do we take Jean as our 5th/6th, or do we keep at at 4?
I have always felt that we could take 5; but it would have to be the right five. This was me early thinking/hoping that Inniss would be that 5th one.
I will understand if you don't respond!
As I’ve said “ just because you don’t hear of a name or anything public doesn’t mean things aren’t happening“.

I said what I said about this subject. There’s a method to their madness and to their credit it worked. They’ve completely changed the momentum and narrative. But in time some of these guys will bounce and they know it.
Keep the buzz positive and minimize the fallout when a decommit happens. We should recognize the strategy by now.

Keep the buzz positive and minimize the fallout when a decommit happens. We should recognize the strategy by now.
Don’t get me wrong they’ll have a top 12-15 class but they did what they had to to change momentum. Fans were ****ed , some turning on the staff and they were getting publicly bashed for their nil crap show. To their credit they weathered the situation.

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong they’ll have a top 12-15 class but they did what they had to to change momentum. Fans were ****ed , some turning on the staff and they were getting publicly bashed for their nil crap show. To their credit they weathered the situation with their tactic.
Yup, and we had great offseasons for a while as well. If they can back it up on the field with some decent coaching, they'll continue to have decent recruiting classes on name recognition like we did.

Advertisement
Back