2023 Andy Jean - Commits to Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this kid just wants to see what Gattis does as a WR coach and OC here? I've been saying it for months but he didn't exactly run a WR friendly offense at Michigan.

He committed to Miami and then 2 days later McClendon left.

I don't blame any wide receiver for being in "wait and see" mode with Gattis/Mario.
With that same logic, would he not want to see what Gapier’s offense does at uf?

He has a similar physical style offense that Mario has, except Mario’s teams scored more and at a P5 level.

If he wasn’t getting predictions anywhere I’d agree with you, but that doesn’t make sense IF there is validity to the On3 prediction.

Advertisement
Feels like we are gonna

Disappointing in ways. Would be devastating in the past. But there’s a long ways to go and a lot of good receivers out there
It wouldn’t be a disaster overall because this staff is top five in the country and they’re currently recruiting like it…but man would it be extremely disappointing to miss out on all four. And Gattis is a very good recruiter.

I mean we thought at one point three were in the bag, then it became two…now it might not even be one. Don’t get me wrong, Ray Ray is elite and I love Robby’s game…but anyone who would be ok missing on all four of these guys is just pumping sunshine. I still think we get Jean, but only time will tell. Going to UF or ATM would be a stupid move, and it’s not like we’re stacked at WR.

Good news is we have an entire season to potentially flip some of these guys / convince those trending away to stay home. There really shouldn’t be an excuse, unless our WRs suck during the season and we somehow go 7-5 or 8-4 and miss the ACCCG.

S.FL divas will continue to be just that, they’re the most disloyal breed in the country. Give them no reasons to leave, starting with relentless recruiting and culminating in a successful season with solid WR use…let’s see how they react. If they still don’t come…then f^ck em, if they’re not loyal, we shouldn’t be either. Keep going national regardless.

It wouldn’t be a disaster overall because this staff is top five in the country and they’re currently recruiting like it…but man would it be extremely disappointing to miss out on all four. And Gattis is a very good recruiter.

I mean we thought at one point three were in the bag, then it became two…now it might not even be one. Don’t get me wrong, Ray Ray is elite and I love Robby’s game…but anyone who would be ok missing on all four of these guys is just pumping sunshine. I still think we get Jean, but only time will tell. Going to UF or ATM would be a stupid move, and it’s not like we’re stacked at WR.

Good news is we have an entire season to potentially flip some of these guys / convince those trending away to stay home. There really shouldn’t be an excuse, unless our WRs suck during the season and we somehow go 7-5 or 8-4 and miss the ACCCG.

S.FL divas will continue to be just that, they’re the most disloyal breed in the country. Give them no reasons to leave, starting with relentless recruiting and culminating in a successful season with solid WR use…let’s see how they react. If they still don’t come…then f^ck em, if they’re not loyal, we shouldn’t be either. Keep going national regardless.
Yeah it’s why I kinda roll my eyes at the whole lock down south Florida stuff

It’s just not like that now

But you’re right that doesn’t mean we won’t win more than we lose with this staff, just feels like an odd year down here and the WR position seems to be the most unusual

Some years it’s DBs, just kinda roll with it especially with an elite staff like we have

The injury to Ahmon Richards seems to have had an impact off the field as well.
AR would’ve been a star in the league by now.
Not having any former UM wide receivers or db’s from sofla making waves in the league has hurt us tremendously while helping the other schools negatively recruit us.

It seems to be making local dudes shook to trust us. Now you add a lot of rumors of a pro-style tight end heavy offense and the dirt bags are dragging this offense through the mud despite Miami having played ZERO games.

Now everyone is assuming that our receivers won’t be making a lot of plays despite the fact that we just recruited 2 qb’s that made the elite 11 and top rated passer in Garcia.
Prost said Garcia was one of the best HS qb’s he’s ever seen. But yet here we are about to possibly strike out on one of the best wr classes we’ve had down here.

It’s obvious that this staff has been focusing on 2 things.

1: Get the best pass catchers you can find.
2: Protect that man at all cost by getting a wall on front of him.

Those are not the actions of a coach that wants run the ball 60-70% of the time.

If you’re a wide receiver you should be begging to come here. But our recent lack of nfl production and all these already established teams down here talking sht isn’t helping at all.

Advertisement
With that same logic, would he not want to see what Gapier’s offense does at uf?

He has a similar physical style offense that Mario has, except Mario’s teams scored more and at a P5 level.

If he wasn’t getting predictions anywhere I’d agree with you, but that doesn’t make sense IF there is validity to the On3 prediction.
Oh yeah I agree..I don't expect him to commit to UF and would be shocked if he did.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When yall call players here divas do u realize majority of our roster is from here? And we have 2 south Florida WRs committed right now? Or are they only divas when they dont come here?
They’re only divas when they go to Alabama, win championships and get drafted in the first round.

When yall call players here divas do u realize majority of our roster is from here? And we have 2 south Florida WRs committed right now? Or are they only divas when they dont come here?
One!

Advertisement
Gaby included Jean in a brief recruiting update today.. Said his counterparts at UF are feeling pretty confident on Jean to UF - I believe someone dropped a CB today... Gaby said he is going to do some digging to see where that comes from...

No CBs dropped for Jean.

On one hand, we usually don't miss on many MNW kids that we want. On the other, the data for kids decommitting and then re-committing to the same school is not ideal. We'll see. Would be nice to get him down for an OV sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back