2023 Andy Jean - Commits to Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the **** cares if McClendon is negatively recruiting us or not? That just makes him and UGA look worse, not us.

What argument is a guy who coached with Mario and followed Mario to Miami going to make that Miami is a bad place, especially with the recent investments we are making and Cristobal is sharing with recruits? Lol come on

If McClendon was negative recruiting Jean about Miami my first question to him would be “why did you follow him to Miami then?” He probably had his pick of the litter of WR jobs.

Advertisement
Leeds vs. Ghandi insider showdown.

@PIPO drop that gif!
Holding Mel Gibson GIF

Brown and Williams should’ve never been on the board to begin with. One kid (Williams) was speed walking to the exit before Cristobal caught him and got a chance to talk to him. Brown (thru his Dad) was never coming here either.

Jean is a young kid who needs some guidance in his life. He’s buying everything McClendon is selling him and then some. Jean won’t go to UGA, but if McClendon keeps poisoning the well he won’t be coming here either.
So In your opinion, if we potentially miss out on Brown, Inniss, Keem, Jean…which is a humongous problem if this were the case…who do we turn to and why did we drop Seymore?

I know Cotrell was mentioned but if he didn’t commit after Emory hopped on board, idk just don’t feel like he’s looking at us seriously. ****ey would obviously be huge but another tough ask to pull yet another elite west coast guy.

For the record I think we get Jean but not Keem.

Advertisement
It’s clear he won’t go to UGA, but a UGA WR coach is willing to waste his precious time with the kid just to negative recruit another school??? LOL, if that was even remotely true and I were the head man at UGA he’d be fired.
Yeah that would be some wierd ****

Brown and Williams should’ve never been on the board to begin with. One kid (Williams) was speed walking to the exit before Cristobal caught him and got a chance to talk to him. Brown (thru his Dad) was never coming here either.

Jean is a young kid who needs some guidance in his life. He’s buying everything McClendon is selling him and then some. Jean won’t go to UGA, but if McClendon keeps poisoning the well he won’t be coming here either.
Ill say this...I think its way too early to start shutting the door on some kids especially Williams. We are in July. The amount of early commitments we have had this cycle across the board is unprecendented. I have never seen it before and ive been following recruiting since the late 80s. Elite kids committing in July??

Many of the "on the fence" kids need to be stashed away on the "Lets check back with them if we are 10-0/9-1 going into that Clemson game" big board. Guys like Cormani, Hicks, Anthony Hill, and Baxter are on that big board. I am fine with adding Hykeem as well. Winning in the Fall will flip at least 1-2 elite kids back our way. And some kids unfortuantely for them it will be too late. Jean is on that list for me.

So In your opinion, if we potentially miss out on Brown, Inniss, Keem, Jean…which is a humongous problem if this were the case…who do we turn to and why did we drop Seymore?

I know Cotrell was mentioned but if he didn’t commit after Emory hopped on board, idk just don’t feel like he’s looking at us seriously. ****ey would obviously be huge but another tough ask to pull yet another elite west coast guy.

That's for people w/ more insight than me. I'm not connected like some others on the board are, that have recruiting staff level connections.

I just had the inside track on Brown and Williams.

As for Jean, who knows man, the only thing I know here is that his perception of the staff and offense isn't ideal. He doesn't see himself fitting into the scheme.

Advertisement

It’s also only July. Not saying it’s not a huge L to not get those guys but these rankings are outdated at this point and we know that. There’s going to be some fast risers in the Fall.

It’s never a bad thing to land some top ranked guys, but it is always a slight grain of salt when they haven’t played their senior seasons yet. Long way to go.

That's for people w/ more insight than me. I'm not connected like some others on the board are, that have recruiting staff level connections.

As for Jean, who knows man, the only thing I know here is that his perception of the staff and offense isn't ideal. He doesn't see himself fitting into the scheme.
If this is the hurdle for top flight receivers, it would seem TVD taking the top off the defenses would be the cure for those receivers

That’s confusing to me on Jean because his other options seem to be two teams that don’t pass the ball, and then the Gator. Just seems like an excuse on his end if true.

But yes as @JHallCanes said, it’s only July. Still have to play football and plenty of time to show recruits what the offense will actually look like, come September.

Yeah that is beta BMac talking.
Texas A&M and Georgia's leading Pass catchers were both TE's.

Georgias leading WR had 497 yards receiving then bolted to Alabama right after the season.

Texas A&M leading WR had barely over 500 yards receiving, and he was actually a gadget RB/WR.

Michigans leading WR had 627 yards receiving and was a true WR. Oregon's leading Wr had more yards than any UGA or Texas A&M WR.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Yep, that's legit. Negative recruiting against Gattis and Mario is relatively easy at this point - if you're an offensive skill position guy (WR). Mario will face that until this offense starts producing.

This July thing is different this year. Kids are more likely to stick with their first commitment IMO once the NIL is involved. Anything you do in life is harder to get out of once you have signed something. I don’t know details or terms of NIL at all but once you put pen to paper in some form or fashion it will be a lot harder to get out of it than if you didn’t.

If McClendon was negative recruiting Jean about Miami my first question to him would be “why did you follow him to Miami then?” He probably had his pick of the litter of WR jobs.
His argument is probably regarding the offensive style Gattis *may* employ.

Obviously, Mario and Gattis' can explain how they see Jean as a priority and how he fits in with what they envision.

I know many disagree, but I have Jean over a couple of the more "highly rated" guys. I don't understand de-emphasizing (i'm aware a couple of insiders have stated he's a priority) any player who creates the type of separation Jean consistently does. Plus, the clean hands. The work ethic. As a junior in HS, he's got polished pro vibes.

Advertisement
Yeah that is beta BMac talking.
Texas A&M and Georgia's leading Pass catchers were both TE's.

Georgias leading WR had 497 yards receiving then bolted to Alabama right after the season.

Texas A&M leading WR had barely over 500 yards receiving, and he was actually a gadget RB/WR.

Michigans leading WR had 627 yards receiving and was a true WR. Oregon's leading Wr had more yards than any UGA or Texas A&M WR.
Men lie, women lie, but numbers don't lie...

we're caught up in the summer hype... need to remember Mario is relentless 365, so I expect him to stay on kids that commit to others now, and even hit up kids we haven't heard about that have huge Senior seasons. Thennnnn, we still have the season to play out... if we catch fire and stay a top10 team throughout, that changes the beat with kids.. and can flip the other way too, if we don't look so hot... but my gut is saying we have one of those special seasons, which is the start to a new dynasty for us... not a one hit wonder.

His argument is probably regarding the offensive style Gattis *may* employ.

Obviously, Mario and Gattis' can explain how they see Jean as a priority and how he fits in with what they envision.

I know many disagree, but I have Jean over a couple of the more "highly rated" guys. I don't understand de-emphasizing (i'm aware a couple of insiders have stated he's a priority) any player who creates the type of separation Jean consistently does. Plus, the clean hands. The work ethic. As a junior in HS, he's got polished pro vibes.
His game gives me Reggie Wayne vibes. He's not the biggest, he's not the fastest, but he knows how to run routes and create separation and catches everything he gets his hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back