2023 Andy Jean - Commits to Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He’s not even on our board bud
Like I wrote on ther other thread, we will protect your right to post on here along with everyone else. But we won’t protect you from being trashed on by UM fans when you are wrong, especially since its clear you aren’t a UM fan. Again, you don’t have to be a UM fan to post but if these posters start hammering you, well then you are on your own. That is as fair as we can be.

Every interview Joker does he makes sure to mention Miami...

If we weren’t in it, he wouldn’t feel the need to compare us to every school he visits & always mention that we’re for sure going to get an Official. He also makes a concerted effort to come to campus whenever he can.

The only way we don’t get him back is if they don’t want him, but he’s ours to lose.

@DMoney was actively following that recruitment at the time. IIRC, we were all over Cooper early on and then when he didn't commit, we moved on and didn't keep fighting to get him back until it was too late. I'm pretty sure we wanted him, but thought he should be begging us to join not the reverse. Mario would have closed him.
We were never all over amari until the end. When we were on him initially we offered him as a safety. Didn't get the offer as a wr until late in his senior year. It's why he didn't come to us. We didn't think he would be a good wr.

You have access to the internal coaching staffs board ? That's impressive can't lie, almost as much as owning multiple Chick FIL A's 😉
Since I recently decided I wanted to buy a couple chick FIL a (before I realized the process involved) I'd say he's fil a **** on that too. Dude wants to act like he knows who's on what board but he can't even get right the rashada nonsense. Dude just wants attention. ****EM & the rest of that inbred fanbase.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Since I recently decided I wanted to buy a couple chick FIL a (before I realized the process involved) I'd say he's fil a **** on that too. Dude wants to act like he knows who's on what board but he can't even get right the rashada nonsense. Dude just wants attention. ****EM & the rest of that inbred fanbase.
No lies detected

My company is offering franchises if you are still in the market for a new investment opportunity.

Booming home improvement industry. Much less hoops to jump through than Chic-Fil-A.

how many WR's will we have if we take - robby, ray ray and brown ... and who else?

How many WR's #1's will come compete

Advertisement
247 write up from UF on his OV:

"The highlights were talking to the coaches and being around spending time with them and knowing who they are and seeing their families. They showed me the family they got and how the coaches are new and some of the things they are trying to put into Florida. They have good things for sure."

There were numerous Florida coaches who were involved around Jean this weekend while on his official visit. However, he pointed out to head coach Billy Napier being the one who was around him the most. Having the head man shadowing him over the course of the weekend had Jean feeling like a need at Florida.

"I was around Coach [Billy] Napier the most," he said. "I was around him all weekend and every time we went out to eat or something he sat with me. That shows me I am really a priority to them and he wanted to focus on me. Not on any selfish stuff, but he showed me he really wanted me at their school and how I can make a big impact. Coach KC, I sat down and he showed me things I do and how my gameplay would fit into their offense. He was showing me how I can be a big impact to the school for sure on offense."

Wide receivers coach Keary Colbert is a name that has had a bond with Jean since earlier in the year.
"The things he showed me were really different. The route running they do here is the same I do at my high school. So for me, if I do come to Florida, I would be hands on to things and be able to rock out for sure. Just me being here and my game play. They showed me some other guys that Coach Napier coached at other schools in the same offense. That was great."

The 6-foot-1, 180-pounder was hosted this weekend by Randy Russell. Though his playing career was cut short due to a medical retirement, he is still from the same area as Jean and his story was one that registered with the Miami native.
"He has been here a long time. He's from where I am from in Miami. He just was telling me, 'Andy this is a place that can really develop you as a receiver and a person.' You where he's at now, heart problems or whatever, now he's working for Florida. It shows. me how Florida will take care of you off and on the field."

So far Jean has taken official visit to both Texas A&M and now Florida. After his weekend in stay in Gainesville, Jean noted it pulled the Gators out in front for his services.

"It got Florida at the top for sure," he said. "They are my leader for sure right now. Cuz the energy and the culture. Florida is a place that is building. I want to go to a school that is building. Not just have something. I want to help build and be a legend wherever I go."

While Florida is leading the pack, he admits there are others still in play.
"Texas A&M, Georgia, Alabama, schools like that for sure."

It doesn't seem like Jean is making any hurry to make a decision. He anticipates using his three remaining official visits in the early part of the fall.
"I am taking the other three in the fall," he said. "I am taking it slow. University of Miami for sure [will get one]. I don't know where the other two will be."

Despite using his one and only official visit to Florida, Jean is looking to keep coming back down the line.
"I will be back at the cookout for sure. The Friday Night Lights thing. I am supposed to be coming to the LSU game."

Jean noted he's looking to make a decision sometime in the fall after seeing a few of his main contenders take to the field. This will give him a chance to see how the offense and the season will go under many of these coaches.
"That is the next big step," he said of seeing teams on the field. "For me personally, I want to see how the atmosphere around the school is. How the coaches are if the team is losing. How they react. I want to see how they coach up if the team is losing."

Sarcastic Uh Huh GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

We were never all over amari until the end. When we were on him initially we offered him as a safety. Didn't get the offer as a wr until late in his senior year. It's why he didn't come to us. We didn't think he would be a good wr.
Yep. It was devastating

We slow played him and that could not have blown up in our face more

Like I wrote on ther other thread, we will protect your right to post on here along with everyone else. But we won’t protect you from being trashed on by UM fans when you are wrong, especially since its clear you aren’t a UM fan. Again, you don’t have to be a UM fan to post but if these posters start hammering you, well then you are on your own. That is as fair as we can be.
When we steal Emory we’ll see who’s getting hammered!!

When we steal Emory we’ll see who’s getting hammered!!
Let’s discuss for a moment and let’s consider which team has more to gain and more to lose in this scenario.
If UF “steals” a north Florida kid from UM, after UM just received a commitment from a higher rated QB who was favored to go to UF, would that be much of an accomplishment? Not really for the reasons provided.
If UF fails to “steal” Williams from UM after UM just received a commitment from a higher rated QB, would that be an indictment on the UF coaching staff and the overall condition of football at UF? Absolutely.

Are you sure you want to die on the “we will steal Emory Williams” hill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back