2023 Andy Jean - Commits to Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami Northwestern High School 2023 WR Andy Jean is on board as a Miami Hurricane.

He’s known it since he was on campus for Elite Prospect Day, but wanted to make sure his family was on board before making the decision public today. “I want to stay home,” he said. Making a big impression here: Jean’s relationship with WR coach Bryan McClendon. “I felt I’d known him for years,” Jean said. “He told me a lot of great things about myself, that he heard I’m a hard worker, I have a lot of potential. He said I get away from receivers fast, create separation and that I have strong hands.”

Jean’s mother told CaneSport that she wasn’t sure he’d announce the commitment until this morning when he told UM coaches. And as Jean’s coach, Max Edwards says, with every top school in the nation on Jean’s trail Miami’s going to have to keep pushing even with his pledge.

“There’s a lot of schools out there that want him,” said Edwards, who has coached Jean throughout high school. “Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, everybody. You commit this early, anything can still happen.”

Regardless, certainly it’s a big addition for the Canes.

“He’s a super pure receiver,” Edwards said. “He’s another Amari Cooper. I rate him one of the top kids in the nation. He plays competition and make plays high above his level. He’s 6-1 1/2, 180, never played JV.”

This is a major pickup and a great early addition, but as noted the Canes will have to keep working hard here. And there’s a lot of WR talent in the Class of 2023 in the local area (Brandon Inniss, Jalen Brown, Santana Fleming and Hykeem Williams) so this could be the start of the nation’s top WR class if things go the way UM hopes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I didn’t want to sound like a homer with the Amari Cooper comparison, but that is what you hear from Northwestern people.

The modern WR is about work ethic and route running. Look at the best receivers in the NFL and the best guys out of South Florida. Jean has all the tools to separate.

Advertisement
I didn’t want to sound like a homer with the Amari Cooper comparison, but it is what you hear from Northwestern people.

The modern WR is about work ethic and route running. Look at the best receivers in the NFL and the best guys out of South Florida. Jean has all the tools to separate.
Our guys compare all our WR’s to Amari lol.

He’s not as purely fast as Amari, he doesn’t have that extra gear that Amari has.

He’s got better hands than Coop had in HS & is probably on equal footing as a route runner.

He’s also not as physically built as Amari was, they have different frames. Andy is thin & long with space to fill out, Coop was compact & had a college level body his Junior year in HS.

20220129_105031.gif
ezgif-3-da06ac4061.gif
ezgif-7-60b698259a.gif
ezgif-7-f3bfbb5c78.gif
20220129_110042.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back