2023 Andy Jean - Commits to Gators

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are **** bent on the look that this gives publicly to the U by decommitting. That ultimately begs the question: which is worse,
-decommitting like he did to get a look at other schools like he did while still remaining interested in Miami? Or
-remaining committed to the U while thinking things over and visiting other schools?

From a fan base perspective, there is no winning formula for the kid to look around. Honesty is the only way for him to save face which is what I think he did in his decommitment. He lost his recruiter in BMac and decided to remain open minded (including the school that he is decommitting from) to figure out his best landing spot. Screwed if you do, screwed if you don’t.

I'd say this.

He committed to a position coach who immediately left. So if he wants to look around, I think he just needed have an honest conversation with Mario. These particular circumstances do not apply to a lot of guys, and it's not going to set some kind of permanent precedent. Not sure why he had to decommit (when he claims to still be considering Miami) just to visit other places.

Based on things I've heard, I don't put a lot of stock in the whole "mom was mad because she wasn't consulted" thing, unless there is some sort of Gaytor no-show job at Shands and Gaytor free housing and Gaytor "life-changing" money offered, in the same way that everyone around UiF claims was offered to Perkins' mom (all of which is illegal, since his mom wasn't signing some NIL deal).

Advertisement
He doesn’t have to be a prototype WR1?

There’s 3 WR’s spots on the field in most formations & he can be a perfect Z-Flanker.

The only thing he doesn’t have is elite speed, but it's not like he’s slow either, but everything else he has plenty of.

In terms of route running he’s on the same level as Brandon Inniss & in terms of hands as in ability to catch the ball, again he’s on par with Inniss. He’s not as fast as Robby or Jalen, but all the other tools a WR’s needs he has in abundance.

He can definitely play. But, in this 'big game hunting'/NIL recruiting world, do you see him playing anywhere else but the Z ? In this offense, I see Robby Williams as the slot. He's perfect for that role, in, what I suspect, this offense will look like. Jalen Brown is also just about committed. I'm never been a fan of this type of thinking, but I know some bull headed, successful, coaches who would look at Jean's route running ability, and Brown's track times, and think they can make Brown a better Jean. Hopefully, you catch what I'm saying.

I could see Inniss being the primary target for a 'Z' role too, as hes also dynamic enough to play the x, and Hykeem Williams being our future WR1.

Trust me, I'm still trying to wrap my head around our new recruiting strategies, especially with Mr Ruizs generosity, but it seems like, if we get our primary targets, Jean might be on the outside looking in. If we do sign 4 WRs, and we sign the 4 it seems like we're paying the most attention too, it could be Inniss, Hykeem, Brown, and Robby, which is fuccin crazy!!!

I'm definitely no 'insider' but, looking at this logically, 1 of the 4 is already committed. Brown is actively recruiting for UM. Hykeem and inniss has been getting Mario's full attention. If they are prioritizes, like shemar was, I can't see UM being 'outbid' for either. Why leave home if the bag is just as big and the depth chart is favorable?

Honestly man, our new recruiting approach seems straight out of Ncaa 14 lol. I hate to see a kid from a feeder program like MNW go anywhere else, but, of the 5 WRs (Robby, Hykeem, Brown, Inniss, Jean), Jean has the lowest ceiling imo. Imo, he has the highest floor too(with Inniss), but Inniss, to me, can do whatever he wants on a football field (from his hudl). It's weirdly impressive to me lol 😆

Advertisement
He can definitely play. But, in this 'big game hunting'/NIL recruiting world, do you see him playing anywhere else but the Z ? In this offense, I see Robby Williams as the slot. He's perfect for that role, in, what I suspect, this offense will look like. Jalen Brown is also just about committed. I'm never been a fan of this type of thinking, but I know some bull headed, successful, coaches who would look at Jean's route running ability, and Brown's track times, and think they can make Brown a better Jean. Hopefully, you catch what I'm saying.

I could see Inniss being the primary target for a 'Z' role too, as hes also dynamic enough to play the x, and Hykeem Williams being our future WR1.

Trust me, I'm still trying to wrap my head around our new recruiting strategies, especially with Mr Ruizs generosity, but it seems like, if we get our primary targets, Jean might be on the outside looking in. If we do sign 4 WRs, and we sign the 4 it seems like we're paying the most attention too, it could be Inniss, Hykeem, Brown, and Robby, which is fuccin crazy!!!

I'm definitely no 'insider' but, looking at this logically, 1 of the 4 is already committed. Brown is actively recruiting for UM. Hykeem and inniss has been getting Mario's full attention. If they are prioritizes, like shemar was, I can't see UM being 'outbid' for either. Why leave home if the bag is just as big and the depth chart is favorable?

Honestly man, our new recruiting approach seems straight out of Ncaa 14 lol. I hate to see a kid from a feeder program like MNW go anywhere else, but, of the 5 WRs (Robby, Hykeem, Brown, Inniss, Jean), Jean has the lowest ceiling imo. Imo, he has the highest floor too(with Inniss), but Inniss, to me, can do whatever he wants on a football field (from his hudl). It's weirdly impressive to me lol 😆
Innniss ain’t coming here & it still remains to be seen where we end up with Hykeem.

We’ll have room for Jean if he wants in.

I'd say this.

He committed to a position coach who immediately left. So if he wants to look around, I think he just needed have an honest conversation with Mario. These particular circumstances do not apply to a lot of guys, and it's not going to set some kind of permanent precedent. Not sure why he had to decommit (when he claims to still be considering Miami) just to visit other places.

Based on things I've heard, I don't put a lot of stock in the whole "mom was mad because she wasn't consulted" thing, unless there is some sort of Gaytor no-show job at Shands and Gaytor free housing and Gaytor "life-changing" money offered, in the same way that everyone around UiF claims was offered to Perkins' mom (all of which is illegal, since his mom wasn't signing some NIL deal).
But if he was still committed and was found to be looking at other programs, is that a bad look for him, is it a worse look for Mario that a current commit is looking elsewhere? Let me be clear, I agree that decommitting may not have been the best route if he was still considering UM. But if he were outed as shopping around under the same exact situation, is he going to get vilified even more? As I stated before, with most fan bases these days, you’re screwed if you and and screwed if you don’t. The ironic part is the kid is a victim of BMac telling him that he is staying, the kid committing and then BMac bolting for UGA.

Innniss ain’t coming here & it still remains to be seen where we end up with Hykeem.

We’ll have room for Jean if he wants in.
It’s been said Mario told Hykeem he is the #1 WR on our board. So the red carpet will be rolled out for him. I’ll bet Mario is personally recruiting him. I like our chances once the dust settles. People are just nervous now because he was a lock just 6 months ago and now we have to fight for him. That’s what happens when a kid goes from being a top 250 kid to now a top 40 kid literally overnight.

We will be in it with Innis until the end. Shoot your shot.

Advertisement
It’s been said Mario told Hykeem he is the #1 WR on our board. So the red carpet will be rolled out for him. I’ll bet Mario is personally recruiting him. I like our chances once the dust settles. People are just nervous now because he was a lock just 6 months ago and now we have to fight for him. That’s what happens when a kid goes from being a top 250 kid to now a top 40 kid literally overnight.

We will be in it with Innis until the end. Shoot your shot.
I didn’t say we weren’t getting Hykeem, I said it remains to be seen.

The point I was making is that Jean can still be a take because penciling in some of the other guys isn’t necessarily a guarantee either, meaning we’ll still have room later on.

The point I was making is that Jean can still be a take because penciling in some of the other guys isn’t necessarily a guarantee either, meaning we’ll still have room later on.
If we are taking 5 WRs? Im all in on Jean..would welcome him back with open arms....If we are taking 4?... Meh...(Livia Soprano shrug)

Would you feel better about keem if he was still at stranahan? Ugay pulled rosemy from STA not long ago

Advertisement
If we are taking 5 WRs? Im all in on Jean..would welcome him back with open arms....If we are taking 4?... Meh...(Livia Soprano shrug)

If we are taking anyone else, other than Hykeem, Inniss, Brown & Robby, I hope we look at the kid out of Hialeah, Willie Fowles. He has been mentioned on this board before. We need a bigger bodied WR and he fits the bill.

Would you feel better about keem if he was still at stranahan? Ugay pulled rosemy from STA not long ago
I don’t feel bad about him now & I never said we’re not getting him.

My point was everyone saying we won’t have room for Jean are being premature because they’re penciling in people ahead of him, when it still remains to be seen exactly how the WR class will shake out.

And he’s staying at Stranahan, he decided not to transfer to STA.

The kid decommitted because of his mother. She was upset because the family was not part of the commitment and she thinks he rushed it. She wants him to look around and make sure he made the correct decision. If he decommitted because he was playing games then I would be upset. But the fact he did this because a concerned mother wants to make sure hes choosing wisely, to me its a good thing and I have no problem with it. To me I like the fact the mother is involved and making sure her child is making a sound decision.

Advertisement
The kid decommitted because of his mother. She was upset because the family was not part of the commitment and she thinks he rushed it. She wants him to look around and make sure he made the correct decision. If he decommitted because he was playing games then I would be upset. But the fact he did this because a concerned mother wants to make sure hes choosing wisely, to me its a good thing and I have no problem with it. To me I like the fact the mother is involved and making sure her child is making a sound decision.
Well, she was with him this week. We’ll see where it goes.

@Cryptical Envelopment bro why u always leave a negative reaction to my post or comments? If u don’t like it kool! Just move on! ****

Negative? Maybe. Not really. But I'm glad you asked tbh, I leave a yawn every time you do that pause garbage over and over and over. It's beyond played out and even homophobic. Lame. Be better.

I don’t feel bad about him now & I never said we’re not getting him.

My point was everyone saying we won’t have room for Jean are being premature because they’re penciling in people ahead of him, when it still remains to be seen exactly how the WR class will shake out.

And he’s staying at Stranahan, he decided not to transfer to STA.
Oh no kidding that’s good news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back